Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yes, I know I'm nuts. And yes, I'm ok with that.


I have a problem. I really want Baby Lofty!! Here she is, lookin' all cute and fabulous:

This wouldn't be a big deal in general, as most of the regular old G1 My Little Ponies (generation 1 = pre-1990) are available on eBay or similar sites for reasonable prices. Lofty, however, is a bit more complicated. In the early 80's, they made the first Lofty - an adult in the So-Soft set of ponies:

Yeah, she's nice and all, but I'm not really into the So-Soft ponies. And the Baby Lofty they released a few years later has Beddy-Bye-Eyes. These things freak me the f**k out. This is what Baby Lofty looks like with the funny eyes:

So then yesterday whilst trawling the forums of the MLP Arena (a site for wackos like myself) I found out that an alternate version of Baby Lofty was released in Brazil--one without the beddy-bye eyes.

So my first thought was YEEESSSS! A NORMAL ONE EXISTS!!! Isn't she adorable?!?!? There's just a couple drawbacks: she is EXTREMELY rare, and costs around $250 if you manage to find her.

I don't have $250.00 in ready cash to pay for a My Little Pony. But I do have credit cards, and a small spending problem. If I find her, she will officially be my most valuable MLP. I do have a few that are worth quite a bit, but not even close to $250.

Y'all probably think I'm a lunatic, but seriously, I don't think MLP collecting is any stranger than say Hummel collecting, or those people who collect tiny spoons from all over the world. Plus it makes for an amazing distraction during bouts of extreme hunger--I just shut myself in my room and take out all my ponies, clean them, brush their hair, line them up all over the floor, and then organize them and put them away again. That's at least 2 hours killed, not thinking about food.

2 comments:

  1. i don't think i's strange. i totally understand, honestly.

    Thamks for the comment on the blog i TRY to contribute to....i don't have the (politically incorrcect) humor of Dr. D, but i try....and fail....

    However, i definately thank you for your comments....yes, i do believe families are ALL the same...

    Take care, hon,
    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS i totally love the ponies, even at my ADVAVCED age....!

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.