Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Unemployment.
It's amazing how fast I revert back to my natural state when I don't have a job to go to. And it only took 2 days! (I don't count the weekend, as I didn't work weekends.)
I have the spend the past 2 days sitting around the house in sweatpants, chain smoking, and being sprawled on the floor in front of the TV (couch makes my back hurt) switching back and forth between Bonanza marathons and Star Wars . I have not only left the house in pajamas; I have gone into the supermarket, CVS, and 7-Eleven wearing said pajamas and hiking boots (had no shoes on [no shoes, no service] - I keep the hiking boots in the car). I do not wear knickers under my pajamas. And I made a point to go into King's when I needed groceries. It's where all the spoiled rich uptight housewives go grocery shopping, and I know for a fact that they are incredibly disturbed by my unkempt appearance (add giant mess of bleached blonde unwashed-for-7-days hair and no makeup to my outfit of pj's and boots). And then I blast Willie Nelson on my way out of the parking lot to complete the whole image.
Unemployment is pretty good so far. But then again, life in general is pretty ok when you're a total redneck and proud of it.
It's in my blood. I have tried to fight it in the past - tried to be like everyone else here in good ol' North Jersey and care about fashion and designers, scoff at poor people and cheap cars, eat at only the best restaurants, act like one of the cool kids.
...No thanks. I'm quite happy being a hick. Gimme a double-wide, a rifle, some country music, a pit bull, and a case of beer, and I'd be happy as a clam.
On the downside, this whole not working thing and being home all day makes it harder to watch my calories. Sure I can exercise a bit more than usual, but I'm trapped in the house with the cupboards full of food ALL DAY. If it wasn't such an unholy temperature outside, I'd actually go out and do things, like maybe go hiking or something; but I can't take this heat. It makes me just want to sit and puddle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh I know exactly how you feel... I get so paranoid about binging when I'm home all day. I've been sick for the past month and a half and it's horrible, just sitting around all the time. Gives you so much more time to eat...
ReplyDeleteIt's horribly hot here, too. It's been raining the past week though, so it's cooled down now. Just extreme humidity. You walk outside and its like you breathe in water xD
Hope you find a way to stay cool out of the heat!