Friday, July 16, 2010

Dreams


So even with sleeping pills, last night I could not get to sleep. I eventually drifted off sometime after 4.15 am (that's the last time I remember checking the clock) and had awful dreams until I woke up at 8.00. I had a binge-dream, where I consumed a giant tub of coffee ice cream and a tub of peanut butter, along with a bag of chocolate chip cookies and then I half-woke up in a blind panic. Idk how I managed to fall back to sleep, but I did...

Then I had this really long and involved dream that took all the issues I have with various family members (parents, sisters & brothers, step-parents, cousins, aunts, etc.) and combined them into one giant chunk of Hell. I won't get into details because explaining my family requires charts and diagrams and long explanations (and there's nothing more tedious than hearing a recollection of someone else's dreams), but it was pretty bad. There was binge-drinking on the part of Mum and an aunt, bed-wetting by cousins, dogs with tapeworms, houses reeking of piss and vomit and excrement and me being trapped in those houses, and lost of yelling and screaming until I was eventually rescued by one of my cousins, but even that turned sour in the end.

It was one of those dreams that leaves you in a serious funk when you wake up. Even now, I've been up and about for over 90 minutes, I still can't shake it. This is going to be One Of Those Days.

2 comments:

  1. Shit. Sounds like my dreams lately...minus the poo-poo, etc. But all about screwed up FOM stuff...everyone angry at me...the truth hurts, even in dreams. Damn, this kind of thing gets even worse when one runs out of Cymbalta AND drinks waaay too much. My stupid, stupid way of trying to cope with being around all the "Perfects".

    Yes, i am still visiting family. In Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's maddening being around family - I still don't understand how the people you love most are also the people you hate most.

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.