Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Some food for thought.


I have not eaten fast food in a long time. I think the last fast food I had was a small chocolate milkshake from McDonald's, like 2 or 3 months ago. It was more of a struggle in the beginning, but now I don't even want it anymore. I admit, I sort of miss Wendy's chicken nuggets. And the sausage McGrundle from McDonald's is heavenly, but honestly all that crap is bad for you, even if you're not a restricter or a purger.

3 comments:

  1. The irony is that if you don't eat at all, your metabolism slows down and holds onto all the fat it can, and when you finally eat again it makes things worse than before. It's like God's little joke on us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Tis true. But then if I was god, I'd have a similarly twisted sense of humour...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fast food is carcinogenic.

    I've read some research recently suggesting that fasting slows our mitochondria and trigger senescence, (or aging). In other words, fasting might help us live longer by keeping our organs youthful.

    xoxo, zen

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.