I don't know what it was that motivated me yesterday, but I have decided to set some realistic Life Goals for myself. I need to stop battling for a level of perfection that doesn't exist (if y'all could only see the sudden rise in blood pressure that it took for me to type that...). I will set realistic goals that I CAN achieve!!!
- I will not beat myself to a metaphorical pulp after the occasional binge. Sh*t happens. Deal. However, I will NOT go back up over 105 lbs. At least not until Christmas, when all bets are off and I get fattened up like a Chrismas goose.
- I will write AT LEAST one paragraph a day on a book that is already in progress. I will no longer set deadlines for books in progress, but I will strive to finish Book #3 in the pirate series, and the 5 unfinished projects of the Other Side of Real series. (If anyone wants to be a guinea pig, I could totally use one - all those books are adventure/fantasy-ish and intended for 10 yr olds, which means they're way more fun than adult books).
- I will bloody well learn to speak Japanese. I will use the Rosetta stone program EVERY DAY, and supplement it with the Japanese book, and Sailor Moon.
- I WILL NOT BUY THINGS I DON'T NEED.
- In a similar vein, I will go through my room before the autumnal equinox, and throw stuff away.
- I will keep an A - B average in my psych classes, and I will not give up on the idea of grad school. I will also not suffer minor coronaries every time I get something lower than 100%. ...And I will not put off assignments until the day before they're due.
- I shall put my clean laundry away in a timely fashion.
And some Tasks for today:
- Clean the house in preparation of Evil Step-b*itch's arrival. That means putting everything away. And put the new lock on my door.
- Put clean laundry away.
- Write some stuff.
- Try my hardest not to binge, and not get too drunk tonight.
Time to start the clean up. CLEAN LEMONY FRESH VICTORY WILL BE MINE!!!!
I love making lists, especially of goals! I write lots of things down because my memory sucks. I love crossing things of to do lists! Good luck with your goals & tasks! :)
ReplyDelete