Thursday, June 24, 2010

Is this justifiable anger, or am I just a tool?


I work for an attorney, and we handle quite a few real estate cases. With real estate comes home inspections, and we usually use the same home inspection company (Accurate Inspections) because my boss is kind of friendly with the owner. I have no problem with them in general - the people there have only ever been polite and helpful when I call for inspection reports or with questions. However, the sales rep pisses me off.

I do not know his name, but he stops by like once a month to drop off all manner of junk that we really don't need, like giant stacks of business cards, huge boxes of little notebooks (I could seriously build a small house out of the notepads we have accumulated from this guy), pens, post-its, and pamphlets that go straight in the bin.

And he likes to bring in at least 3 big bags of Oreos with each visit.

What the f*ck.

My boss will not eat all of those Oreos. The other lawyer in our office will not eat them, and his secretary has kind of a stick up her butt when it comes to anyone who's friendly with my boss, so she won't touch the Oreos. I hate wasting food, so I hate to see all these bags of (magically delicious) cookies go in the garbage. I asked the guy politely last time he came in, could he please not bring all those Oreos? No one really eats them, and we hate to be wasteful.

So today he brings in 4 bags of Oreos. I feel like saying, "Listen buddy, I have a f*cking EATING DISORDER. I could really do without all those cookies sitting around the office while I'm trying to starve myself, so could you seriously KNOCK IT OFF?!?"

But then I feel like that would be mean and ridiculous. So I'll just try and be polite. Again.

2 comments:

  1. I will never understand why you feel so proud to fight with an overweight you don't have, and you don't look the ugly bones marks, the strong veins in your arms, the long black hair in your arms caused by the hormones disorder, and the sad/scared/nasty face of people who watch at you extremely (sickly) thinner.

    I hope you will cure yourselves... and your mom wouldn't never find your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A noble sentiment, to be sure.

    However, I happen to enjoy my bones. And last I checked, I did not have long black hair on my arms. 'Tis white blonde.

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.