I really love some of the clothes they have in The Pyramid Collection. I don't know how I started getting the catalog, but one came in the mail today and I drooled over all the cutesy dresses. Like this one:

All gorgeous dresses aside, I have a problem with this shop because I cannot actually purchase any of the dresses I like. Their "XS" is a size 2-4. They don't go any smaller. (And seriously, by what stretch of the imagination is 6-8 a small? I'm not saying that's fat, but it's definitely a medium.) The Pyramid Collection does, however, advertise proudly on the front cover that they carry "Godddess-Sized" clothing, in case you're too big for the XL.
Now I apologize if this seems mean, but why the heck is it socially acceptable for this shop to carry Goddess sizes, and for shops like Torrid and Layne Bryant to exist when it's socially unacceptable for me to be the way I am, and for girls like me to be 20 or 30 pounds skinner than I am? It's not exactly any healthier to be so overweight that you need a special shop for clothes, but yet they have special shops for plus sizes. What about the rest of us who are swimming in XXS? Those of us who get too thin for 00? Why can't we have a bloody shop with pixie sized clothing in XXXXXXS and 00000?!?!?
Grrr.
Today I ate: cereal (75), coffee (5), fiber bars (220), lean cuisine (200), one more fiber bar (pig, 130) for a total of 630. Exercise burned 320.
I agree 100%.
ReplyDeleteIt's such a double standard.
We are supposed to accept or pity people who are overweight but avoid those who are skinny.
It makes no sense at all.
And it pisses me off even more when I see some really hot clothes in the plus size shops...
ReplyDeletei LOVE "Pyramid"....i need a new catalog to drool over...and i wish i were a pixie size...sigh. A FAT 4-6 at best....working on it.
ReplyDelete4-6 totally isn't fat!
ReplyDeletePyramid is definitely drool-worthy.
Awwww, you're sweet :)
ReplyDeleteOld post...clearly I'm reading back.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to chime in "I agree sooo much!!" On this one.
I also got that catalog and the clothes are soooo pretty.