Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm not sure if this is torture or not...


Most of the time when I eat while at work, I'll start at around 12.30 or 1, taking minuscule bites of my fiber bar(s) every fifteen minutes. This makes sense, because it means I get to eat every fifteen minutes without really consuming too many calories. But then it also makes me stare maniacally at the clock, waiting for the next 15 minutes to be up so I can have another little bite.

I don't know which would be worse torture - taking teeny tiny bites and still being hungry for more but having to wait fifteen minutes for the next bite; or just all-out starving until like 4.45 and then eating a whole bar at once. Either way, I will still feel hungry afterwards. So what would I enjoy more? Getting to revel in the ecstasy of the whole fiber bar for the 20 seconds it takes me to eat it all at once, or enjoying many many bites of it over the course of the day? I just don't know.

The Boss managed to eat 3 of the bags of Oreos that the home inspection sales rep guy brought in yesterday. Sometimes I wish I could be a man. The Boss seriously comes in some days with all sort of goodies--like giant stacks of brownies, bags of cookies, buckets of fried chicken, etc.--and he'll eat ALL OF IT in one sitting. Yet he's an effing TWIG. I would sell my soul to Satan for that kind of metabolism.

1 comment:

  1. It makes me CRAZY that guys can eat like...thirty hamburgers and three milkshakes and still be hungry, still be skinny or cut or whatever. UGH!

    As for the fiber bar...it's such a ritual, you know? And all us ana girls have that going on. It keeps you busy. I like rituals. :)

    xo. stay strong.

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.