Morbid.Diathesis mentioned androgyny in her last post, and got me thinking about how much I love androgynous people. I've had a Tilda Swinton fixation ever since I saw Constantine.
And I always enjoyed Brian Molko, the singer of Placebo...
-~-~-~-~-~-
HUGE binge last night. :*( McDonald's chicken sammich, fries, and chocolate milkshake were involved, but thankfully my tummy decided to reject the combo of grease and dairy, and what didn't get puked back up is being purged via Ex-Lax. Even so, most of it still went through my digestive system.
I need to come up with some kind of plan for the weekends. I'm thinking of maybe upping the calorie allowance to 1,000, just so I don't get out of control. One day of binging on weekends usually won't make me gain, but I tend to binge ALL weekend long, which makes me gain quite a bit. And then I feel disgusting. What do you gals do to stop binging on weekends? I need some ideas to test...
This is kind of random, but I took a short walk at like 6.00 this morning because my sinuses were ON FIRE from the central heating (word of advice--don't put shite up your nose; your sinuses will never be the same). One of my neighbours was walking her little snappy yappy lap dog on one of those leads that can extend if the dog keeps walking farther away. You can press a button to stop the lead from getting longer, but this lady was on her phone (who the heck is she calling at 6 AM??) and wasn't paying attention, so she let her Pomeranian or whatever the heck it was just wander across the street, straight towards Yours Truly.
I don't like little dogs. They don't like me either. With the exception of my friend's 2 Daschunds, me and little dogs just don't get along. Perhaps they can sense the Evil in me better than their large canine brethren?
Whatever the reason, my neighbour's dog looks at me, starts barking and growling like a feckin' wild animal, and makes a beeline for my ankle.
Me, to neighbour: "OI!! Control that thing!!!!"
She looked at me like I had done something horrific. Like seriously? I love animals, but if that furry little spawn of hell tries to savage me, I will kick it. I know that probably makes me sound like a terrible person, but little dogs have sharp little teeth, and sharp little teeth can do a lot of damage. I have a scar on my calf to prove it.
Big dogs are much nicer. I'm definitely more of a Rottweiler/Doberman/Pitbull sort of person. Pitbulls are my absolute favourite breed of puppies. My cousin has 3 of them, and I want to steal Athena:
She's the sweetest dog EVER!!! I hate how people assume all pitbulls are horrible and vicious. Athena would never hurt anyone. She's amazing with children, and my cuz has 9 cats in the same house as her 3 pits. I'm actually pretty sure Athena thinks she's a cat. She likes to try and curl up on people's laps, even though she's kind of big for that...
As much as I think I would really like a dog, I'm not entirely sure I should have one. I have a dark gift when it comes to dogs. The mark of a well-trained dog is not just how well it obeys, but also how well it resists the influence of a pack leader other than it's master. Very very few doggies can resist my influence. I can make your dog nuts in under 10 seconds. There's this thing called a F.R.A.P. (frenetic random activity period)--when younger dogs just turn into total lunatics and run in circles. They're supposed to grow out of it. I can make almost any dog frap without much effort. I used to make Cousin's pits all crazy when she brought them over on weekends, but she has somehow managed to train them against me. >:(
I totally could have been a dog whisperer if I wasn't so deranged. :D



You had prehistoric snails?? Did you keep them?? Seriously, I bet some weirdo would pay a fortune for that on ebay...
ReplyDeleteSmall dogs are not dogs: it's a scientific fact. They are Rat-Dogs.
I know it can be difficult, but upping your calories is probably the answer to avoiding bingeing. I'd say more than 1000, but I'm not going to tell you what to do. Just be careful, k??
The more androgenous I look (aka the less and less I have a womanly figure), the uglier I feel. Yet I want to be thinner. Yet I feel uglier. Vicious cycle haha.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you on the dog issue. I cannot stand dogs who are not well trained and who run all over their owners. I love my dog, ahh! And athena looks to be lovely.
Ohhh love those photos! Haven't seen Constantine...maybe I'll add that to my ever growing movie list.
ReplyDeleteHere's a story for ya. I have two dachshunds and they are super yappy, and Emmett, the youngest always worries me around people. He growls a bit. So I take extra care when I walk him. But it's so funny to me that everyone always just walks up to these small dogs like they are completely harmless. And then I was dog sitting the sweetest pit bull ever and when I was walking her everyone holds their children near or goes to the other side of the road. My wiener dogs were more likely to bite the arms off a kid than the pit bull. It is sad that pit bulls have gotten such a bad rap.
Avoiding weekend binges usually involves me avoiding people all together and just being outside doing something. My weekend routine: Wake up late, hang at a coffee shop and fill myself with tea for a few hours, take a walk around the neighborhood, or sit at the library, and then head home for a hot bath and more tea. Sit in my room watching movies or reading and don't allow myself out until it's time to sleep. If sleep isn't coming then I've got my sleeping pills for help :) It's quite a dull life, but binging is kept to a minimum.
Wow...sorry for the long comment.
i love lil dogs but i also love big dogs as well german shepards love them
ReplyDeleteim sorryabout mcdonals app me and u just cant do fast food huh lol
ususallyon satursdasy i let myeslf have likea fuck it day sorta not a full out binge day just u know lil things that i dont let myselg eat during the week ithelps
oo and thanx hun
and the recipe page is up
haha the dog story made me laugh!I don't know anyone I can call at 6 am neither.
ReplyDeleteweekends are evil food-wise!!! I always end up bingeing then, after a good week..
so frustrating.
My weekend solution is to set my weight targets for 5 days rather than weekly.
ReplyDeleteSo instead of saying 3lbs by the end of the week I say 3lbs every five days which means there is never time for a binge day because the next GW day is always looming. It also means I don't get into habits by days of the week :) x
Oh man, I think androgyny is prolly the reason my dating life is a morass of amazingly bad choices.
ReplyDeleteI used to have the hots for Pete Burns of Dead or Alive back when that song first came out...I was glued to my tv set, dirty toddler nose all up on the screen watching him sing You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)...totally mesmerised.
In fact, MTV in the 80s is prolly the real reason I'm such a whack job. Between my mega crushes on Billy Idol, Robert Smith and Prince, and the glorious absurdity of Boy George and George Michael, I never had a chance.
I think I fell for Tilda Swinton hard in Orlando and then again in Thumbsucker...
Oh and yeah, I think probably the pic was taken with my phone (that shot's at least 2 or 3yrs old), but all of my pix are phone pix? So yeah. The shitty quality might actually indicate that it was taken with my crappy Jam Cam. lol
Andros are wicked! David Bowie, anyone?! Yum-yum!!
ReplyDeleteI want the pretty puppy-wow-wow!!!!
My favourite is an Irish wolfhound. I love gentle giants! Pet 'ellies' and giraffes, HOORAY!!! I need an intervention!
I've been thinking I should try to stuff myself full to bursting with fruit, it'll feel nasty but there's like no fat in fruit and I love it so it should be ok, I'm doing that this weekend and going to try to not count the Cal
ReplyDeleteWhen I want to avoid food for the weekend - I either get really drunk, or really stoned.
ReplyDeleteIt usually works =) haha.
I have massive weekend binges too. MASSIVE.
I got a medium Big Mac meal yesterday, which was also vomited up - like yours.
Also, totally agree on the little dogs being shit, thing.
I way prefer bigger dogs.
The bigger, the better - Great Dane. Irish Wolfhound. Hmm, good dog.
x
I like that picture :)
ReplyDeletei upped my caloric limit to a thousand for weekends, but that didn't stop my maccas binge last night either. haha coincidence?
ReplyDeleteI agree, big dogs are so much better! They are way more chill. Small dogs have this nervous energy that just makes me nervous, too. When I get out of school and find somewhere that allows dogs and that has enough room, I plan on getting a Great Dane puppy. Favorite dog ever :)
ReplyDeletecute dog!!!
ReplyDeletemissed you! I love little doggies for little best friends but big dogs for true companions.. I really need a dog.
Collies forever!!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to say thankyou for the comment, omg it made me feel tons better knowing i'm not alone on the wanting to be alone front! :) xxx
ReplyDeleteIkr? 80's babies are just a rotten lump of distorted meat, I swear. lol
ReplyDeleteI think sometimes when I'm hanging out with the about-to-be-20-yrs-old guys at the summer camp I work at that they are just so much more...chill than the guys born in the decade before them. Like, they're easier to just be in a room with. Weird shit.
I find it kind of...sad, and disheartening to think that refuge among other women is not something attainable in this era, in this culture or in this country or whatever. I think it has something to do with the societal measuring stick of comparison and barely stiffled envy.
I dunno. I'm glad it doesn't seem to you like I'm just some boy-crazy, bat shit insane creepster.
Coz well, maybe only just the second part is true. ;)
xoxo
Thanks for your sweet comment - i survived the wedding! i love dogs, but i'm all about my guinea pigs ;-)
ReplyDeleteAwww cute picture! :)
ReplyDeleteI agree, little dogs can be so obnoxious. My little sister got a dashund a couple years ago and she can be incredibly annoying. She can be sweet though, she sleeps under the covers with you :P
I love big dogs. I want a great dane so bad that I can hardly stand it, they're amazing!
I vote make sure you're full of good healthy food veggies/fruits/whole grain carbs/lentils/beans etc on the weekends to avoid bingeing- your body will thank you for it and it should boost your metabolism for bigger losses during the week! You'll end up with lower cals than the junk and you shouldn't feel the need to purge either & you'll get lots of goodness in you! Stay strong xxx
ReplyDeleteIndeed, a lot of the time it's not the dog, it's the person who has raised it that is the problem. Some of the cross-breeds are a bit unstable, though. Two kinds of inbreeding make one HELL of a small gene pool for the puppy to pick from!
ReplyDeleteUm, bag is 26inches long and 6 wide when flat. I found my measuring tape! I'd rolled it up real small and tucked it in with some random ribbons. Wtf?!?
xoxo, watch your ankles!
Haha, you make me laugh!
ReplyDeleteThe picture is TOTALLY cute!
<3