Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Feckin' hell, we're on the Google!!

Just a quick post, because I thought this was really exciting. My homeland is now on Google Maps. Last week, one of my cousins called me up to tell me that the "Google Man" had been to town and was taking photos of everything from the road. And lo and behold, today when I Googled Achill, you can drag the little yellow man onto the street and view the whole place from a street view. You can see my friggin house! 
Google map search this: 53.93472,-9.911197
Yes, that's right: We don't have addresses. No house numbers. No street names. God help the poor sod who ends up taking over when the postman dies. I don't know how they do it, especially since there are multiple people with the same name all living in the same area. That means they all have the exact same address, because your address is just your name, the name of the village, the name of the town, and the name of the county. And yet everyone gets their mail. They only just got streetlights put in, as well. Good craic all 'round. Why Mum moved us to New Jersey, I shall never know. 


Off to work out now, and watch SVU on DVD. Cabot 4eva!!

13 comments:

  1. wait u guys really dont hav eaddresses weird
    but wow its looks so beautiful there jealous

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh this is such a cute house!!
    weird thing not to have addresses though..

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol thats funny, what pretty yards <3 wish I had a big pretty yard like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooh SVU

    we really were meant to be soul mates ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house is gorgeous! Like a quaint beach house. I love that you 'live by numbers', as it were! It reminds me of Postman Pat. I have a feeling you're a fan too! We have a few costal settlements like that. The postman job is handed down from generation to generation!

    I checked out Google Maps and found my neighbourhood of Lorraine, Port Elizabeth. I'm shocked! Didn't think anyone had heard of us!

    Have fun at work and enjoy SVU. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is so cute! I like it =). I love Ireland and I really hope to go there someday. The land is forgeWhen I talked to my father ages ago, I wanted to know about our ancestry and he said we have Irish ancestry along with some Cherokee Indian on my mom's side.

    That's the bad thing about being an American. In Ireland, you can say your ancestors are Irish. In Finland, your ancestors are Finnish. But if you're American, you really have no idea where your ancetors are from! Your profile said United States so I just made the assunption that you were from the US (I know I shouldn't assume anything, you know how the saying goes ^.^)
    ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha :D well good (Y) google maps is awsome!
    Lovely looking house

    Btw, you asked before to say if you wasn't following anyone, to tell you? well your not following me :D

    Stay Beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your house reminds me of one off the Sims.
    But maybe that's most American houses??

    What a strange 'village' you live in!
    Your posty must be awesome. Good memory, I need some of that.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww i like casey!! cabot and novak were my faves...i don't like all the new ones they have like kim and the sharon stone character.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. <3 SVU, was watching a bunch of episodes on tv this weekend (marathon apparently).

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOUR HOUSE IS GORGEOUS!
    It looks like a mini lighthouse haha <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. i cant think of anything useful to say.... but i REALLY wanted to comment so....
    your doing awesome and i hope your day is filled with happiness!!!

    -sincerely ur friend happiness! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cutest house ever!! And woot woot for SVU, Elliott is my weird-older-guy crush (swoon :)

    ps was about to post this and i read the billions of people loving the whole svu thing...i'm a bit late on the bandwagon.
    xxx Claude

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.