Monday, October 4, 2010

Liquid Fast Day 1: Success!

I MUST be back down to 99 by Friday. Friend's wedding is Friday. And I will look good in that dress. Dammit.


You gals blog too darn fast. I missed reading for like a day and half and had to devote 7 hours to all the blogs I'm following. But I wouldn't have it any other way! It's time well spent. <3


I was just assaulted by no less than TWO house centipedes in the basement. I had my usual reaction, complete with hurling a full bucket of nasty dehumidifier water in the general direction of said centipedes. Now the basement stairs smell like a sewer. 


I hope you other gals are doing good on your fasts - I know Mona, one10am, and Pixiestix014 are fasting, too. Good luck girlies! I did good today: I had a 1/4 cup Carnation instant breakfast with 10 cals of almond milk and water (35), 2 1/2 cups of coffee (25), some soup (135), and some more almond milk (40). Did 45 mins of power-walking on the treadmill, too (~400). I'm going to make a serious effort to stop exercising with the painkillers. I have enough problems without adding more pills to the list. This means I can't run anymore because of Mr. Achilles in my left leg, but I can live with this. 


I've rediscovered how much I enjoy reading while walking on the treadmill, so this makes exercising slightly more enjoyable. 


Gem!!, I'm glad you enjoy my attempts at not swearing. :D I do try my best. 
Cinnamon Brown, flouncing is fabulous! I would flounce if I could, but when I try it tends to look more like there's something wrong with me. 
bonesarepure, have you tried drinking mugwort tea? It's the one and only natural sleep aid that works for me. It gives you really vivid dreams, though, but it's ok because it also makes you able to control your dreams...
Tracy, your Halloween decorating sounds fun!! I just pulled all of ours out of the basement. I did not find them satisfactory, so I think a trip to the Christmas Tree Shop is in order. 


I just watched one of the new episodes of Law & Order SVU. I hope this isn't spoiling it for anyone, BUT IT REALLY FRIGGIN UPSET ME THAT DESMOND IS A PEDOPHILE. Desmond is delicious. He made Lost bearable when it got retarded after the 3rd season. 
That's the show they should have done. Starring Desmond [with his shirt off] and your humble narrator stranded on a very small desert island. 

This is why I do not have a boyfriend. 

I think I might make a VLOG. I know, right?? - ME getting fancy with the technology! There must be a webcam in the house somewhere. Little Sis is always video chatting. I'll figure it out. Or I'll just record myself with my phone while I'm out grocery shopping, or hiking. Bystanders will think I'm off my rocker. What do you ladies think? I'm terrified of being on video. I've only just mastered making myself look acceptable in photos... 0.o

23 comments:

  1. Haha, you're hilarious. PLEASE make a vlog!!! It would be lovely.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. VLOG VLOG VLOG VLOG VLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done of your fast! Doing well lovely laaaadyyy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHATS A VLOG? A video blog? Im so uneducated in technology haha.

    Congrats on your fast girly, I was doing so well with fasting, I need to kick myself in the ass and get back on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should sooo make a vlog! I love seeing/hearing people from the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. VLOG! Hahahaha. I imagine it would be very entertaining.
    I did great today on my liquid fast too, I bet you we'll be 99 before Friday for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this post :) and i LOVE law and order SVU! it's my favourite show. elliot and olivia forever haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love watching vlogs! Especially from those whose blogs I read. By the way, I don't think I've commented on your blog before, but I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I vlog sounds so cool! You should do it! It would be a joy watching a vlog of a blog I follow! =)Hey, that's a great intake for the day! You'll be back down to 99 very soon (darn you...I wish I was that weight! ^.^)

    Mugwort tea? I have never heard of that before? Where can I get some? I need something besides Benedryl to help me get to sleep on nights where I have to wake up early the next day!

    Side note: How did you master looking acceptable in photos? Any advice? It could be my best day in the world, but the moment I get my picture taken, I look like death!

    ReplyDelete
  10. u shoudl def vlog do it do it
    o i never heard of that tea but iw ill look for it
    it would b nice to acutally sleep for once but im so use to like less then 4 hours a nite my body my think im nuts ifi sleep more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just want to say that I just finished part 1 of 'Underwood'. It's FANTASTIC!!! If your work isn't published, I'll come over there and cut off some heads! Seriously good reading, M. :D

    It reminds me of the day I got my paws on a copy of 'Neverwhere' by Neil Gaiman. I read it from cover to cover in one go and got bugger-all else done all day! Now, if you'll excuse me... time for part 2. I'm hooked!

    Well done on the fast!
    Keeping fingers crossed for you. (KFX4U)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. please vlog!

    & good luck, hope you reach your goal Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow 99 is my goal
    you are an inspiration
    would you help me get some followers? check out my blog
    I post tips, thinspo, mealplans
    creepconfessions.blogspot.com
    xxxxx thankyou thinny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done :) your'll get there no problems! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG congrats! You rocky hunniebunnie :)

    I would totally watch your vlog. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been wanting to vlog but i'm afraid i'll look stupid.
    99lbs sounds amazing.
    I know what you mean everyone puts up blogs so fast! it takes me forever and a half to to comment on everyones

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please vlog. I'd totally become a viewer. You have such a pretty face, why haven't you vlogged before? (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. Me again.
    Just finished part 2. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!
    Sad it's finished now. Well done, M.! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Love, love, love your writing. X.

    ReplyDelete
  19. good luck with your goal :)
    OH MY GOD I LOVE LAW AND ORDER SVU! I haven't seen the recent season, but I saw all the ones on netflix :P I think there's like, 10? So totally obsessed... I love the characters, I wish they were real so I could be friends with them haha. I'm a loser, I know :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha totally agree about Desmond!
    Please vlog, looking forward to it!
    Love,
    xx v

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.