Friday, December 3, 2010

What about the fog? Stuck in a hole? In the fog? In the middle o' the night? With an owl! Up a tree!

I think I've finally got the blog reading and commenting into a good rhythm. It took me a while to realize that I can't use my usual tactic for everything in life (All Or Nothing) with blogs. I shall comment on my commenters first, and then do my best to get through everyone's else's blogs. If I miss yours, come bother me. :D


OMG look how cute my kiikiiii is...


She's begging for food. She does this all day, and well into the night. If you go into the kitchen, Callisto will be there, pacing in front of the fridge and trying to trip you until you get her SOME DAMN FOOD. If I get some more energy, I might add subtitles later...

So first day of the new job is tomorrow. I've got a cute little outfit all picked out. Mum helped with the picking out. What began as a cute mother-daughter game of dress up quickly spiraled into a fashion debate and a vicious diatribe on my weight (or lack thereof). I tried explaining to Mum that the only work skirts I have are from like 4 years ago, and they're all size 3's and 4's (HUGE basically). But she was actually more concerned with my choice of sweater (too many "fluffs"), stockings ("they're so frumpy"), and skirt ("you're wearing that?!"). Mum and I have very different ideas about fashion. She'd have me in overpriced black trousers with matching jacket, a silk shirt, and a leopard print accessory. I chose a nicely fitting grey skirt over black stockings, with a nice black sweater. Purple laced camisole is under the sweater, the lace sticking out just enough at the bottom that I can match it to my adorable magenta kitten heels. One does want a hint of colour! Here it is:
I think I look like a bit of a heffalump, but oh well...


I've got all my shite prepared for tomorrow morning. Mug waiting by the kettle, Coffee cup next to the coffee maker so I can grab it on the way out. And a little survival kit. What's the survivor kit for,  you ask?
Well since I'm starting a new job in a new place, the first thing I must do is assess the Food Situation. This is a delicate process, but I've outlined the steps.
1.) I shall make note of:
- existence of kettle and mini-fridge in the office
- any food vedors/cafeteria/etc in the building?
- Nearest Dunkin Donuts--is it walking distance?
- What sort of woman is the other secretary? Fat? Thin? Nosy? And what does she do for lunch?


2.) What's in the survival kit:
- Bottle with protein shake (200 cals)
- 1 cup cheerios in a baggie (100 cals)
- 1 fiber bar (110 cals)
- Splenda
- Teabags (black, green, and spiced)
- Bottle of water
- Diet Pepsi
This is my basic office food kit. Ideally, I will eat nothing while I am at work. The foodstuffs are for emergencies. Sips from the protein shake should keep me going. With the Cheerios I could have one every hour, or every half hour, etc. As long as I don't get lightheaded, because I obviously don't want to get like that at work. Drink tea throughout the day. Have the Pepsi sometime in the last 2 hours of the day, as a treat and to make the end of the day go by faster.


3.) See how well my survival kit works with the new office environment. If they have an electric kettle or a microwave, I'm good for making tea. I could then bring cup-a-soups and make it look like I'm eating "lunch." My hope is that what worked in the last office works here: I made my weird eating habits visible from the get go. I only brought little snacks, and ate as little as possible all day. Only the other secretary ever commented, making a joking remark about how I "eat like a bird." I just agreed and said I wasn't really a big eater. 


 Super-Vintage-Hardcore-Susie-Homemaker-Stepmom is like something out of Leave It To Beaver. I have some issues with her, but I have to admit that her teachings have never led me astray yet. She taught me well--a meek, pretty, dainty-looking lady will never be questioned for eating very little, because it goes so well with her frail, doll-like charm. This is Surface-Mich. The painfully polite, soft-spoken, dainty-faerie Mich who will gladly make you a cup of tea and drown you in sweetness. Complete strangers, acquaintances, and everyone in the workplace gets this version of my personality. 


It's interesting because these are the people who end up unloading all of their deepest darkest fears and secrets into my ears, without me prompting or encouraging them. I have SO MUCH dirt on so many people. >:D


But y'all get the Actual Mich on here. <3
Night night, girlies! Have a beautiful day! Or night!



22 comments:

  1. your survival kit sounds good! and cup soups are peeeerfect :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the actual Mich.
    Your kitty is so cute! My cat begs like that and my kitten goes into hunter/stalker mode whenever anyone is eating food she thinks she might like. Your outfit for tomorrow sounds great. Definitely tons better than what your mom would suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, your cat is priceless! Such 'welfare eyes'!

    Best of luck for your first day! You'll certainly be the cutest thing in the office in your awesome outfit. Post a pic!

    I prefer your dress sense. Your mother reminds me of mine! I'd come back from Grahamstown Fest and half my clothes had been chucked out! Control freak!

    Hope you sleep well. X.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered: Have you seen "Secretary"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha that's hella funny about your survival kit and how you sus out the office. When I'd start in a new office I'd just wear my most covered up clothes and keep my head down!!

    Your outfit sounds sweet as well. Sounds like something I'd put on as opposed to a suity thing.

    Speaking about cats. We have this stray cat that comes around to our house. Reminds me of yours. He'll sit there with his giant balls whining at me in a full pitched howl until I get him some chicken.
    Good cat.
    Bit me on the foot the other day though.


    Goooood luck on your new job love

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck for work! that sounds so exciting. and that survival kit is so adorable of you. i might just have to copy that idea, actually. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg whyyyy are we survival kit twins?!

    my kit has 100cal 1/4c tupperware containers of random noms, plus packets of Truvia, a ziplock baggie of black tea, and halls cough drops coz they kill the desire to taste real things.

    lmao wtf?

    good luck on your first day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea to make a survival kit for your new job! I think I'm going to make one for everyday life! lol

    By the way, I think your outfit sounds really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your survival kit!
    Good luck on your first day!! I bet you look georgeos with that outfit!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need a survival kit :)

    your cat is lovely, looks just like my ochildhood one!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never thought of a survival kit...I guess mine is a cereal bar and sugar free drinks :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will be adorable...and no one will know the "True" Mich...the one we all know and love!!! The one with a big ass sword! The
    outfit sounds dahling!

    Survival kits are a must...yours sounds perfect!

    Kitty cat sooo cute!

    Love,
    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the survival kit idea. may copy it, hope you don't mind, it is just pretty brilliant.

    love, helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck at the new job!! I like your survival kit idea, too.

    I always preferred that everyone just know that I ate strangely at work, then people weren't constantly giving me chocolate and shit. "She doesn't eat sweets," they'd say. Of course, I must confess that this made it quite easy to secretly eat other people's sweets and they'd never suspect me. *evil laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  15. ha! that's so funny! i'm the one at work who "eats" funny. i don't ever leave the office for lunch yet they never see me eating anything other then my "work snacks." Good luck on your first day of the work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love ur sruvival kit thats a good idea
    when i started to job damn seasonal shit i pretty much made sure everyone knoew i had sotmach issues so ha problem solved
    u and ur mom are like me and my mom
    stay strong

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL @ the cats!! mine does that tooooo sooo freakin annoying!! lol they just know the exact time they are supposed to eat.

    Good luck with your job!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. goodness, i love you. your cast actually sounds like a little kid! how crazy is that? survival kit sounds so cool! I sort of do the same thing at my school (we have a kitchen), and it totally rocks! I can (not) eat in peace! Good luck tomorrow! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so cute! :) I love your outfit!
    I hope your first day at work went well! Maybe no one will notice if you don't eat. Some people aren't very observant about that. My own family doesn't notice when I don't eat and I live with them haha.
    Have a good weekend :)

    Oh, also I got a harley quinn (sp?) ornament today and it made me think of you haha. In a non-creeper way xD

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have so much dirt on people too. Everyone just tells me things, especially since I don't blab, but I admit to using the knowledge to manipulate them later, if the need arises.

    Also your office plan sounds great. If I ever had to work an office job (god forbid, I think I would just off myself, offices just arent for me) I'd do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dude, I WISH I LOOKED EVEN REMOTELY LIKE SHANNYN! :(
    Really, that chick is one of my IDOLS.
    Okay ---> Fangirl mode: engage.

    She is so perfect, I saw her in Laws of Attraction (Isn't it?) and I almost had multiple orgasms over her. Fark. She's gorgeous. It's unfair.

    It's Saturday.

    You are gorgeous, my Germanic beauty. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look so lovely! The sparkily shoes rock! How did your first day go? i love your bedroom!

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.