Let's talk about my hair.
This is routine for me at this point, but other people seem to think it's odd.
I do it up like that most of the time. I don't wash my hair that often, as my colourist told me not to. So for the 1st two days after it's washed, it's all nice and cute and actually blown straight. But that's a lot more work. So I clip in those Jessica Simpson hair extensions, and tie it back all fancy with the clips and the comb. I sleep in the extensions for 3 or 4 days, clipping it up like that every morning.
I think it's pretty fun. Mum think I'm ridiculous.
The women in the 18th century did similar things with their hair. They'd sleep in those fancy hairstyles for many many days, because they put so much work and hairspray into it.
Only instead of hairspray, they used this gluey pomade that was made mostly out of lard.
I shudder to think how bad that must have smelled after 4 days. Apparently, this is where the "rat's nest" expression originated. Thank God for Aqua Net.
It's a Friday night, and I did NOT binge. I'm at roughly 1,100 (bollocky gift baskets at work >:O) and it's 1.00 AM. Kind of high, but good for a weekend. I didn't get to see Black Swan--he got stuck working late. And then I bailed on him tonight to go out with the friend that wants to move to Colorado. My turn to drive, so no alcoholic cals for me. :D And I totally ate before I left the house*.
Christmas shopping tomorrow. Like hardcore.
*Lol.



Ahhh, how I'd kill to be an 18th century duchess or something. Dresses and hair and everythingggggg. So pretty *o*
ReplyDeleteThey mostly used wigs as well though, and probably the only thing I don't like about that time is that they'd shower like once a year. Gross.
I need to see Black Swan! So bad! It's not out here yet though, meh ):
Have fun tonight and christmas shopping :)
x
you changed your blog, i love the pic of you being all ballerina like. um, i don't think pinning your hair up like that is strange. i wanna see black swan too, though there isn't a cinema in the town i live in >=[
ReplyDeleteI love you hair, I do mine up a lot to cover the bald patches :P I do these french plaits (the kind that are attatched to your head and then tie the ends in a bun. Sometimes I weave in ribbons and even string.
ReplyDeleteI don't think balck swam has been released in the UK yet...I haven't even heard of it! x
I really like your hairstyle!! =)
ReplyDeleteYou did great with the cals, don´t worry
xx
That hair style is not ridiculous (as your mother told you), I think it's adorable! Maybe we were born in the wrong century?? (You = 18th century, Me= Renaissance) :) My hair is a bit shorter & I always tie it back when I'm working out or it's raining. Mom says I need to find "cuter" ways to wear it back and you've just gave me a great idea! :D
ReplyDelete1,100 is great for the weekend since weekends usually end in binges! It's possibly people give out calorie laden gift baskets just to make us miserable.
♥
Your hair is so cute..
ReplyDeleteThat's great that you didn't binge, congrats hun..
P.s am obsessed with Marie Antoinette
i wish i could go back to the 17th or 18th century and wear puffy dresses, and get my hair did all cool. but tis the 21st, and boring old straight is in, stupid.
ReplyDeletethank you for the comment, ive actually been think about that. i may need to take a trip to the pharmacy, or maybe ill get some tea that helps with that.
stay lovely. <3
i like the hiar hun
ReplyDeleteYour hair is beautiful. Very period. I love styles like that. When I actually had long straight hair I used to tie it back in that loose Victorian bun style and put combs in it. Keep rockin' that anachronism!
ReplyDeleteI like your hair : ) & good job not bingeing! ooh I want to see black swan it looks cool. Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis both lost a lot of weight for that.
ReplyDeleteYour hair is so amazing! I wanted to go platinum blonde but I'm afraid I would look scary+couldn't keep up with the maintenance.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could go days without washing my hair!!! You're so lucky! Mine gets oily & gross after going 24 hours without washing it.
i think your hair would look absolutely lovely with neon/colorful clips! some color on blond hair, especially with the amount of clips that you put will look totally crazy.
ReplyDeleteand ew... didn't they have enough money to do an new one every day?
I like the old intricate hair styles ... but lard? So, so gross. AND when you think about the the not bathing or washing clothes regularly, using chamber pots and many other things that adds up to a whole lotta nasty funk.
ReplyDeletethanks god for aqua net is right!
I like your hair, both colour and style :)
~ H