Like ACTUAL nails that I can paint and tap on hard surfaces, and use to scratch my sister.
This is a relatively rare phenomenon. In the last 26 years, I have only had long nails maybe 5 or 6 times. Mum says I started picking and biting them as soon as I had teeth. It's grown worse over the years, finally reaching a peak around my early twenties. I don't just pick and bite.
Oh no.
I MANGLE the bejeezus out of my nails, and also the skin around them. It gets worse in winter, because the central heating dries my skin out and makes it crack. I pick at the cracks, and then have giant cuts all over my fingertips (mostly on thumbs) that never heal properly until we turn the heat off in the spring.
But recently I decided to stop attacking my nails. Like maybe a month ago, and now they're long and it's really weird. I play with them a lot. Tap them. Click them on each other. Touch them. Lots of little things just to make sure they're still there.
I bought new nail polish and fun stickers.
But as I'm still slaughtering the skin around my nails, I dunno if my hands are attractive enough for these yet, so the manicure may have to wait. Baby steps. Quitting the nail-biting was hard enough. I apologize, Peri--the patch is coming along very very slowly because of this. It's tough to sew when your fingertips are a minefield of open wounds. :(
Why am I such a freak? I'm doing this to myself. I have to stop and think about how absurd that is. I don't cut anymore, but I'm still injuring myself. I just use my nails and teeth to do the damage, instead of a knife.
Animals must look at us humans and think we're retarded. I know my cats think I'm stupid. I can see it in their eyes. That LOOK that says, "OMG, you're a moron."
I'm working on the most AWESOME little MS Paint pic ever!! It's taking a while, though; I want to include all of you so I'm going back through a lot of old posts to make sure that none of my commenters get left out.
Tracy, did you try sending it to bellatrixburrows at hotmail? You could also try my other email: iworshipzoot at hotmail dot com.
*~*~*~*
I pigged out so bad this weekend. All that stuff Little Sis bought? Well she added to it when she made Mum take her grocery shopping. So on top of that rubbish that was already in the cupboards, we also had a HUGE bucket of chocolate-covered pretzels, a sizable selection of ice cream, more cookies and pop tarts......
It was bad. Monday morning was like those times where you get way too drunk down the pub, and end up going home with some stranger only to wake up and discover you slept in your make up, your clothes are half off, there's empty condom wrappers on the floor, and you feel a wicked hangover coming on.
Except for me, there were empty Pop-Tart and South Beach bar wrappers on the floor. And I felt like a bloated sack of manure.
This could have been fixed with vigorous exercise, which is heaps of fun when you have a good supply of vitamins*. But I was out of vitamins. I went crying to vitamin-Friend, but he's got nothing. I whined about how fat I am and how I can't exercise properly, and he sympathized. So he hands me this little round, white vitamin* and goes, "Here, have one of these."
So I did.
And like 10 minutes later, I absolutely had to look it up and find out what it was (he gave me 2, so I searched it on vitamins*.com).
Soma is truly a wonderful thing.
You could have taken a sledgehammer to my knee cap; I probably would not have cared.
Everything in moderation.
*I just want to say that I DO NOT, under any circumstances endorse this behavior.



oh myy geee! i wish i had a vitamin friend! also, your little sister needs to lay off the major sweet attacks. its not fair to you. :/
ReplyDeletei love your pictures by the way.
stay lovely. <3
i mangle my nails too! i might try the fake nails but i think i'd mangle those too.. and the painting in your thought bubble in the second picture, the garden of earthly delights, i just started learning about it in art history class! it's crazyy lol.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had those vitamins!
ReplyDeleteIt´s great having long nails, !
xx
I love love love love love your MS Paint pictures. :) I'm a big fan of creating these myself, though I've never thought to share them. What a clever lady you are. :)
ReplyDelete<3
I loveeee you posts soooo much hahaha I always think of all these htings i'm going to say and then forget them all haha.
ReplyDeletethat's funny about your nails though! We'll maybe not funny, but you know what I mean haha I hope they stay nice and long!
And I def think that about animals as well.... they really must think this....
Haha omg somas are amazing, but literally can't get shit done on them! Good if wanting to just feel numb though :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, animals definitely think us humans are idiots. The dogs and cats around my house look at me this way the majority of the time. We don't own pets, they own us..and they know it :|
Cute nail decorations!! I've never been a nail biter, my nails actually grow too fast, odd.
I am excited about your painting!! njksfnskjfncksnfdslfn!
Wheeeee another Mich post! :D yay
ReplyDeleteMy workplace sells those stickers and i'd been thinking of trying them. Already got a shitton of nail polish. Let us know if the stickers actually stay on? Are easy to use? They look so tiny I think i'd ruin them just trying to put them on!
Ah..cats...they have never forgotten that they were once worshipped. Dogs just huff in annoyance I think. But cats actually glare.
And I sooooo know the fun of the carb crash. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have a vitamin-friend. My insanely low tolerance means i'd probably used 1/4 the normal dose so would I pay less $$ or get a higher markup? XD
Can't wait to see your epic painting!
haha that picture of your cat is absolutely hilarious - such evil in those eyes!! lol
ReplyDeleteit's funny how many people on blogger do the whole biting/picking nails and skin around the nails thing. i had never come across someone else besides me before i came here. it's a seriously icky habit...having red raw fingertips and cuticles and manky nails...i've only broken the habit twice in my life. i keep telling myself: what boy is ever going to want to hold your hand?!
ah well we'll get there
xx
Hey!
ReplyDeleteA friend of mine quit nail biting by painting aloe juice on her fingers and nails. Disgustingly bitter! Worked like a charm!
Hey, nail art! We keep that at the gift shop where I work. I sold about 26 packs on Monday! Maybe you should do your nails for Christmas day! Pretty!
I've also been at the nibbles. Housemate brought home a Christmas gift from the office, packed full of nuts, biltong and dröewors (beef jerky and dried farmer's sausage), cashews, chocolates and a scrummy bottle of red wine. Disgusting, I know!
I wish I could get my grubby paws on a couple of Somas! I'd also kill for some Golden Teacher mushrooms. Best trip I ever had!
Best of luck with your 'hangover'! XXX.
OH
ReplyDeleteEM
GEE you're friggin funny. And thanks to Liz for explaining what that painting is! TOO FUNNY! Drooling and happy, smooshy and dreaming of the garden of earthly delights! HAHAHA
Aww my nails are a mess too. That darn anxiety! I was trying to peel a mandarin orange the other day, & had to stab it with a pen to start it. Haha
ReplyDeletei also like eating the skin around my nail >_< especially when i'm exited or bored..
ReplyDeletelol your cat has a very evil look, i'm sure she can read minds. mine has the same look when i try to take a picture of her
beautiful picture,
ReplyDeletenice post.
Your cat is adorable, looks just like my old family pet and he was a sweetheart really :)
ReplyDeleteI love my nails, just having them a tiny bit longer than your finger tip and painting them makes your whole hand (and arm!) look thinner and more elegant.
Wonderful xx
Ooh, so MS paint is how you create your awesome little cartoons. You've inspried me to try and create my own! I bite, chew, scratch, and pick at my nails too, so your not alone =). The only time I've ever had long nails is when I've had fake ones put on. I would always click them on thing- but then I found out it was harder to do things with them so I bit those off too. Sometimes I make my fingers bleed because I'm picking at the skin around them so much :/. I should really stop doing that so I can have long nails.
ReplyDeleteYour cat has "The Look." ;D That's hilarious! Oh my...chocolate covered pretzels?!? *drools*...you get the good munchies- all my grandma brings in is disgusting strawberry cake and doughnuts...you get chocolate! That vitamin* story was hilarious...I wish I had friends like that :D.
♥
I love your blog. I leave laughing everytime! I want nails! I've never had nails in my life! And also - those little cartoons you do are fucking amazing.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see your picture that you're working on! It sounds epic LOL I bite my nails as well, and in my line of work, I really can't have long nails anyway, so I'm not too bummed. The animals really wouldn't appreciate it if I scratched their cornea when trying to an eye exam or something haha! I can't believe little sis got more junk to tantalize you with! :( I go home fow winter break on Friday night and I am not looking forward to the food temptations that will be there.
ReplyDeleteI ALWAYS used to pick and tear at my nails and the skin around them. It's only very recently that I've stopped and, instead, become moisturization obsessed. I swear, I have a lotion for every part of the body. (Well...not the netherparts... but you know.)
ReplyDeleteI want a vitamin friend, too.
Congratulations on getting nails! I never had a nail biting habit but mine break all the time. Be sure you file then so they don't get little cracks and snag on everything. My cousin has the same habit of picking at her skin. She does it under her nails and on her knuckles too. It does look a lot like self harming. Especially when the skin is all raw.
ReplyDeleteJunk food one night stands are terrible. Then you have that walk of shame to the gym and you just know everyone there can tell what you did last night.
For you♥
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js2sFtmdKgM
Cheeky pictures there ;] I wish I had some of your 'vitamins'. Your cat is adorable!
ReplyDeletelove,
-lottie ♥
I haven't been here for awhile, I did read your posts, just to let you know.. you're amazing and lovely and hilarious and I love you <3
ReplyDeleteanywho, before I get too creepystalker sounding, I envy you your vitaminfriend...
More on the actual content that I don't know why I didn't add to the other comment but I'm too lazy to delete & redo it so, yeah.
ReplyDeleteI've never bothered my nails too much, I do my lips though. It gets pretty nasty especially if I'm upset, they'll end up bloody before I realize what I'm doing.
I get that look from my friends cat. Damn cat isn't even mine and she sends me on guilt trips for my stupidity.
A friend out of vitamins is not a friend!!! lol
ReplyDeleteI have been taking sudafed. It helps a bit! - O.H.
I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove your blog! I found it two days ago and have now read the entirety. You crazy, crazy, glorious thing!
ReplyDeleteOh, i soooo love this entry, especially the pic's of you on your "vitamin"...hilarious! i need a "vitamin" salesman! Love your kitty with the glowing eyes...our turtle doesn't look at us like we're stupid...that's the pup's job...the turtle just g l a r e s....she has it down to a science.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your e-mail. i must have been using your old one.
Much love!
ha love the li disclosure at the bottom there hun lol
ReplyDeletegod my nails wont grow nemore they are so brittle and break i use to always have long nails