Sorry I suck at commenting lately. What with a real job, my free time is pretty much non-existent. I spend my life at work, on the treadmill, and asleep. -_- Shall try and comment on all your lively blogs later tonight.
One of our clients called in last week asking for a document out of his file. Boss told him that the file was in storage, and that we'd have to order it. We should have it in the office in 2 or 3 days, Boss said. Client being anxious about getting the document out of this file, he called several times a day every day after that asking if we had his file yet, when did we expect to get it, did Boss really order it from the storage place, how long do these things usually take, etc., etc., etc.
Seriously, like 6 times a day.
I told Boss that the guy kept calling saying he really needed those docs by Friday at the latest. Boss said yeah yeah yeah, the file's coming; I ordered it. 2 days.
This morning, Boss comes in and says, hey I think Client's file might be in one of those boxes under your desk. (There's dozens of overflowing storage boxes of old files under the desk. I try not to look at them because the mess makes me feel ill.) I checked the inventory lists for the boxes--lo and behold, there's Client's file in Box Number 11. This means several things:
1.) Boss never called the off-site file storage place.
2.) Boss possibly had no intention of calling the storage place.
3.) Boss lied, and thus made me lie to Client.
I pulled the file out from under the desk and Boss and I both agreed to never speak of this again. Then Boss drew up a bill for $50 to give to Client for getting the file. A "Retrieval Fee."
I'm pretty sure all lawyers are like this. I know Old Boss was.
New Boss:

Not even kidding. And it's little things like this that make me believe in God--how Fate sends one of the most obsessive Batman fans ever to work for the Penguin's twin.
I actually managed to not binge on Friday or Saturday, which is awesome for me. Yesterday, however, I stuffed my face. We did a mini-Christmas dinner with my one cousin, since she's working on Christmas day. Mum bought a whole fillet (rather than just individual fillet steaks), and I roasted it with potatoes and onions. I also cooked some sprouts and turnip, and Yorkshire puddings. Since I made everything and therefore KNEW it was delicious, I had to eat it. And surprisingly--even though I was so full by the time I went to bed I actually felt like I was about to have a heart attack--I did not feel too horrible about pigging out. I know that if I binge all weekend, my weight generally stays the same from week to week. So if I binge only one day on the weekend, my weight may continue to gradually drop? We'll see at the mid-week weigh in. While I would obviously rather lose than stay the same, I'll take maintaining over the Christmas season rather than gaining.
Especially since, beginning Friday, I shall become a human-Christmas-goodie-Hoover.But you know what? It's effing Christmas. If you can't enjoy yourself for Christmas, what the heck is the point of living??
Best ornament ever:
I think it was Olivia who mentioned the Harley Quinn ornament? Well, I told Mum about it and bless her, she went and searched every hallmark shop in a 20-mile radius until she found it. :D

Just a perfect ornament for you! Thanks, mom!
ReplyDeleteBosses are summin else! I think they're all the same, lawyer or not!
ReplyDeleteWell done for not binging on the fri/sat! I'm sure you'll be tiny forever! That photo is enchanting! Roast dinners are evil! Evil-good!
I couldn't agree more about the silly season. If you starve for the rest of the year, you should definitely be allowed to let your hair down at Christmas! I need to let go of my guilt!
Tracy's so right, that ornament is très Mich! Love it! XXX.
good job not binging most of this weekend! and thank you for the luck; it's appreciated. (:
ReplyDeleteand thank you for the little christmas tip; i'll take that into consideration.
oh! and about your picture! i meant to mention earlier that you look absolutely fantastic! (:
stay lovely. <3
I love the ornament! and we will do better <3 sound like you didnt have that bad of a weekend, your right! it is Christmas. Fuck it;P
ReplyDeleteGood on the non binging part :D Love the little ornament :P It's cute! Gosh your job sounds..interesting :D xx
ReplyDeleteThat picture at the top is of you? I thought that was a model picture. Seriously, a model picture!
ReplyDeleteYour boss is awesome. Gotta love villainous co-workers. And that ornament? Triple awesome. You? Dodeca-awesome.
I always love your posts lol they're always so lively and with such imagery as to knock one out of her chair =]
ReplyDeleteCongrats on not binging, I, myself have not quite mastered that trick. But I'm getting there!
I do love the ornament, and the picture of you at the top is absolutely GORGEOUS! Do you really do ballet? I love the pose, it looks so comfortable and strong =]
Stay Strong, love =]
The picture is beautiful, you look just like a ballet dancer! Your Mum sounds lovely. ♥
ReplyDeleteLmao you always crack me up! You should seriously consider writing comedic screen plays or something. Btw the new boss cartoon looks like a creeper... lol
ReplyDeleteawesome christmas tree decoration :) x
ReplyDeleteAh! You're SO SO SO pretty. :) <3
ReplyDeleteaah work stories :) bosses can give us the biggest stress sometimes!
ReplyDeletegood work not bingeing too! christmas is always gonna cause us problems though....stupid food-centric holiday!
x
Is that a skull on top of your bookshelf?? Good work!
ReplyDeleteYour boss sounds like hard work...
I think you should subtley alter your work-clothing to resemble a different Batman character each day, and see how many Batman quotes you can sneak into day to day conversation. One must find methods of amusing oneself at work, and all that :P Mwah ha.
And yes, enjoy the festive season. :)
xx
You look absolutely divine and pixie like in the picture. I would love to be as small as you (though I dont have the money to replace ALL of my clothes and I have TONS of them).
ReplyDeleteBosses are weird. My previous one accused his manager of buying a camera on company funds while he was doing it all the time (they and another person has shared interest in the business). I ended up writing a sworn statement for the manager about all the items that my boss bought for personal stuff. I was glad that I already by then was in another company. Talk about drama :-)
i love he pic at the top
ReplyDeleteand wow ur boss is idek ha but ha wow im tired can u tell
and yes xmas u shoudl enjoyu urself well try to at least
love the ornamanet
SO I basically love every single post of yours...you make them all you, and they are always freakin hilarious... in your own sense of humor that I still haven't been able to describe... but I love it haha.
ReplyDelete^^^Wow... I hope you understand what I am trying to say lol.
I saw on someones page that you commented on that they kicked you out of ballet for not being graceful? You look damn graceful to me in that picture! haha
Oh and Thanks for all of the lovely comments they make my day :)
Yay! :D I have that ormanment too! :D that was sweet of your Mom to find it for you :)
ReplyDeleteI love that picture of you in your layout! :) so pretty. you're so tiny!
Ah! your boss sounds like a douche! I wanted to become a paralegal but changed my mind because I don't think I could work with soul-less lawyers on a daily bases.
ReplyDeleteYou should definitely enjoy yourself on Christmas:) It's one of the most important holidays of the year, don't let food get in the way of that!
Love the ornament :D