Tuesday, December 28, 2010

If one good deed in all my life I did I do repent it from my very soul.

Thanks "Secret Admirer", whoever you are. This is seriously the most awesome piece of clothing I now possess. Well, it's up there in the top 10 anyway.

I have discovered a new skill in my fruitless attempts at making myself vomit. I can swallow swords.



I was never able to make myself puke. And yet for some reason, I keep trying whenever I binge? Most I've ever been able to do is bring up some small mouthfuls of vomit.  I tried on Christmas Eve, but to no avail. I used to have one holy hellish mothertrucker of a gag reflex, but on xmas eve, I discovered that it is no more. And then I thought to myself, I bet I could swallow a sword, like they do in the circus


I can. It's awesome. Must work on this, as I think it is a skill worth honing to perfection. 

Mum got me a last-minute Christmas present that only just arrived in the post today:

It's a mini elliptical. If you work the foot pedals while seated on a chair (or on the edge of my mattress) it's also a mini exercise bike. This could be a bad idea, as I intend to use this thing every spare moment that I have available to me. I'm using it right now in fact, perched on the edge of my bed, with my laptop next to me. So far I've burned 300 calories. I plan on ellipticalling my little heart out until my sleeping pills kick in. 

What Mummy was thinking I shall never know.

Speaking of Mummy, this evening she accused me of being a doormat. She is oft heard making this accusation, usually when she broaches the subject of my father. 

We started this evening's conversation talking about my father. I haven't seen him for Christmas yet. The original plan was to go to his house on St. Stephen's Day to bring gifts for him, Step-mom, and Little Brothers #1 and #2, and also bring samples of all my desserts. But then it snowed. Like a lot. So I spoke to Daddie Dearest on the phone and we decided it would be best for me not to drive 1 hour north and then 1 hour home again in a blizzard, and we would speak later in the week to figure out when we would have our own slightly awkward version of Christmas (holidays and birthdays and pretty much everything with Dad are always awkward). This means that Dad will most likely forget to call (I am his least favorite of all his 5 children--there's a definite possibility that he "forgets" to call me back on purpose) and arrange Christmas, which means I shall have to call him again and again until I get an actual person on the phone, because they never call back when I leave messages. 

Mum criticized me for this behavior. She thinks I should just sever all ties with Dad because he's an a-hole and doesn't deserve me constantly trying to please him, bending over backwards to cater to his schedule, etc., etc. But the thing is, I am NOT trying to please him, or bending over backwards for him, or anything else. I would have no problem never speaking to him again. I DO, however, have a problem with never seeing or speaking to my brothers again. While they remain under the age of eighteen and/or still financially dependent on their parents, I must remain friendly with said parents in order to continue seeing said brothers. Once both Little Bros are out on their own, it will be a different story. But since Mum is not related to my Little Bros and therefore has no emotional ties to them, she cannot understand how I have emotional ties to them because Mum is a spoiled brat and entirely incapable of empathy in any shape or form. 

But yeah, that's just one example of why she thinks I'm a doormat. 

I am not a doormat. I am LAZY. There is a large difference. 

People are born with a certain temperament, and that temperament usually never changes from birth to death. It's your most basic nature. My most basic nature is cold, unfeeling, lazy, and hedonistic. I do things that will benefit me in the short and long term. Selfish? Bitchy? Mean-Spirited? Most definitely. But you can't help your nature. Believe me--I have tried. I am well aware that my nature is socially unacceptable. But at this point, I really don't give a crap. 

I guess maybe it looks like I'm catering to everyone because I get so lazy? I don't argue with Dad because it's easier not to. I don't question his fathering skills either, for the same reason. 

If a friend calls me up and tells me that he or she has decided on plans for the weekend, I will most likely go along with it unless I already have plans. I do not question. I can't be bothered. But certain friends and family members of mine know this, and I'm pretty sure they take advantage of it. But if I don't care one way or the other, I'm not going to challenge that friend or family member just because they think they're taking advantage of my laziness. I only do things if they will result feelings of enjoyment or contentment. Arguments do not have those results, so why bother?

25 comments:

  1. You have lovely ways of explaining things, dear Mich.

    And again, you're absolutely stunning. You have such a darling face (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shirt is ROCKIN'! I hate throwing up, so I don't do it. I want that mini elliptical! Do you know how jealous of you I am right now? I looked online just now and saw it was over 100 dollars-I-don't-have. I'm lazy, too! Woot! Life's just so much easier that way, for real. Regardless of your temperament, you're awesome. Hope you're have a lovely holiday <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to the doormat format,
    I'd love to know where to get one of those mini eliptical things..
    I love the sweater, you wear it very well, cute pout btw

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the comment, dear. im better now.
    and id love to see how that mini elliptical works out for you. haha.

    stay lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. i have an annoyingly good gag reflex too! i've tried to make myself puke and it results in epic failure
    2. that mini elliptical looks AWESOME
    3. i reckon humans are all fundamentally selfish. it's just how we choose to act on it. but i do agree that we have certain nature and i'm definitely with you on the laziness - i'm all about pain reduction/want satisfaction in the short term. bad bad bad
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh, pretty eyes! Love that hoodie!

    I want a mini-elliptical! My current one takes up half the house! Hmmm, I must do research, it's my birthday next month. Very nice present idea!

    I like your zen philosophy on life. It's very inspirational. Putting up with your father for the sake of your brothers is very noble. May they be grateful. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh yes, I know where you're coming from. It really is just easier to let other people plan and go with what they decide.
    I'm totally off now to look for a mini elliptical!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want a mini elliptical! if someone called me a doormat i'd be like "your face is a doormat!"
    be careful with the sword swallowing business lol and be grateful you can't puke, it's horrible.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah what was ur mom thinking lol
    god i want one of those mini exercise thingys
    its up to u what u do with ur dad if uw anna severe ties then doit but only u can make the decision

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swallowing swords would be awesome! You're lucky you got exercise equipment for Christmas! I can kind of relate to the dad thing- except you probably talk to yours on the phone more. Mom doesn't get why I try to Facebook message him or call him. I guess mother's are like that when they have no ties to other family members :/. I completely agree with the temperament thing! (It makes me wonder what my basic temperament is because I've changed so much over the years). In a way, I wish I was a lot like you personality wise- I get bothered too easily sometimes and I care way too much about what people think of me & I'm always worried I've done something to upset someone...I need not be like that and take your advice: try not to care one way or the other and do things that bring enjoyment!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. First off, that sweater is the shiz-nit for reals! I try to purge after I eat too much as well and my gag reflex does nothing. At least when I loose the weight I have an aspiring porno career waiting for me. If you manage to {safely} perfect the sword swallowing you should definitely post a vid of that. I want that mini-elliptical so bad, that goes on my wish-list right now!

    I don't bother arguing because it takes too much effort as well. There is most certainly a difference between trying to please and not thinking that conflict is worth the effort.

    I hope you get to see your little bros soon and enjoy the holiday with them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need that mini elliptical!

    Don't hurt yourself in attempts to swallow swords!

    I hope you get to meet up with your little brother soon.

    I am lazy, too. Simply lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow!
    I was the first born and the least favourite child of both parents. My mum told me in the face several times. Growing up, my mum made us keep in contact with our dead beat dad (who never calls me for my birthday but remembers my brother's)My half brother is 11 months older than my son and I dont have any contact with the kid.

    I love your elliptical. Though I am not allowed to buy anymore exercise things that I end up not using. I have an elliptical that gets lots of use when its sunnier and I am no longer winter depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh ja, I meant to tell you, swallowing swords is FUCKING AMAZING!!! Your coolness factor just went through the roof!

    All I can do is tie a knot in a cherry stalk with my tongue...big whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The mini elliptical is very cool. It totally makes me want one. In a way, you're kind of lucky you can't vomit. It becomes an addiction, and can be super dangerous, but you probably knew that. I honestly wish I wasn't able to. It's so hard to stop. Sorry your mother called you a doormat, it sounds kind of annoying... Any way, I hope you're doing well, and sorry I've not commented in a while. I think I'm back to blogging more regularly now.

    ~Cora

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don´t listen to your mom, you don´t seem the tipe of being a doormnate, at all!
    That mini elliptical is great, I hope I had one of those!
    Take care lovely
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in agreement with the doormat/lazy difference. I think I can be (and know I was when I was a teenager) perceived as being a doormat, but it was more just general laid-backness. Some people have specific plans in mind, and being a bit of a disorganised fool I tend to just see what happens. If there's a fuss I have a tendency to do what people want (within reason, obviously I'm not about to boil kittens), but not because I need approval. More that I just can't be arsed with navigating drama or conflict. I just like a peaceful life!

    If I argue with my sister there's a big difference between us: she'll keep going getting more and more wound up, and I just reach a point and feel detached and get bored.

    I'd say them two little brothers of yours and pretty lucky to have a sister like you, and it isn't being a doormat to your dad. It's seeing the bigger picture, and the underlying motivations to your actions.

    (Will you hate me if I confess I had to google Team Tesla?? In my defence I live in a hole in the UK...)

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your not a doormat!, I'm like you..just lazy haha! It's great! Your right, we are all built in with a certain temperament, thats what makes us all unique. So theres nothing wrong with your temperament! :) Thats what makes you, you! An that mini elliptical is sweet! all pink! :D Glad your well over all though! Take no notice of what people say! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That mini elliptical is sweet!

    I agree about the temperament bit. I swear, I've been a stubborn son-of-a-gun since I popped (actually, was cut) out of the womb.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't make myself throw up either, no matter how much I try.
    I'm wicked jealous of that excercise machine!
    I'm sorry about your mom saying that :( that's obnoxious

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooo its pink! I love it and i am burning with jealousy! Im sorry about the argument around your mother being accused of being a doormat...at least its not the worst thing someone can be called. I'm not the best purger either but I couldnt stick a sword down my throat! that seems fkn scary! xoxoxox loving your posts as always!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That mini elliptical is such an amazing idea! Do you have any idea where she bought it from?

    ReplyDelete
  23. MINI ELLIPTICAL?!?! I NEED THIS! lol
    :)

    And will you please take pictures of your amazing sword swallowing ability??!?! lord... I do have to agree on the whole puking thing... it's sort of a hit or miss with me... actually... It's only worked like twice for me... maybe that's a good thing? idek!

    and those desserts, look too amazing!!! AHHHH

    Love you lol

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.