Tuesday, December 7, 2010

...this isn't some communist day care center!

Dunkin Donuts does not provide sufficient nutritional information on their website. Their beverages, for example: you can check the nutritional info for a medium coffee with skim milk and splenda, but not for a medium coffee with cream and splenda. I'd have to check how many calories are in a small coffee with cream, and then do MATH to figure out how many calories would be in a medium coffee with cream. 


I SUCK at math.


I wanted to know how many calories are in a large cappuccino made with skim milk. Their website does not provide this information. Or any information on a cappuccino with skim instead of regular milk. So I called their customer hotline. After telling the young lady my question, I waited on hold for 6 minutes. And then: success! The lady came back and said there's 90 calories in a large cappuccino with skim milk, 45 in a small, and 72 calories in a medium.


I feel fat.


On Sunday, one of my best friends asked me if I'd gained weight. He tried to cover it up with a "you look really good! I didn't mean it in a bad way" excuse, but the damage was done. I didn't know whether to slit his throat or mine. Thank God for my mother.


She overheard Friend's comment. Mum's response: "WHAT?! She hasn't gained weight!" She sounded more offended than I felt. 


Nevertheless, it was definitely a fat weekend, so I've been working extra hard to make up for it. I made sure to excessively exercise all weekend while I was being a human calorie-vacuum; burned 800 on Saturday and 900 on Sunday. I burned 700 yesterday and today. And yesterday I only had 200 cals. Today was wasn't as good--320. Being sick helps. Just a cold, but sudafed (the proper one with the pseudoephedrine) murders my appetite. :D


As a result of posing for hours on end in cold bathwater for that painting, Elizabeth Siddal got a nasty case of pneumonia. She remained sickly until her death 10 years later.

19 comments:

  1. Awhile back I read how Rosseti loved a "woman of an evident carnality," a glorious way of describing Siddal before the turn you described.

    Don't worry about the weight comment. For all the talk about being visually driven, guys just aren't observant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh don't people realize that NOBODY, no matter what size they are, wants to be asked if they've gained weight!??! god the lack of tact is excruciating! they might mean well but it's definitely not taken well haha
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE GLORIOUS.

    Elara's right, sometimes guys see things very, very strangely.

    Also, I just seriously over-fed your fish. It was very satisfying.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're lovely.
    Ignore the comments. People suck, and they were VERY LIKELY jelaous.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...aaand... that's how I became addicted to pseudoephedrine!

    I saw the vlog, no way in hell you've gained. Men are such jerks! The painting below is case in point!

    I always loved this picture of Ophelia, poor Lizzie! Typical that the artist, John Everett Millais, founder of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, would be such a prick! The things artist's models have to put up with! Even in 1852, models had a hard life!

    Feel better soon, M. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a cappuccino thats pretty reasonable!! Starbucks ranges from 70cal-140!! Krikey.

    Being asked if you've gained weight, then people turning it around like its a "compliment" is the worst. Your mom sounds amazing though:D

    That painting is gorgeous:) So worth the pneumonia if you ask me lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that stories really sad :(
    And what a bastered! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate when i don´t know the exact calories, that´s why i drink black cofee xD That and I don´t like milk.
    Ignore that comment, your friend was probably jelous.
    Take care lovely
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet babyfuckign jesus, i wish we could still get that shit OTC here. Stupid druggies are fucking up ALL my fun! D:

    Fuck, some places REALLY need to get their asses into gear in regards to their nutritional info. GAH! I have a collection of cal pamphlets from various outlets around town, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S

    My Mum has her moments of Win. They are, however, few and far between. *Sigh*

    Fuck, I hadn't even thought about how to stop Dral killing the bog roll!!She is gonna be inside for the first week or two, and the litterbox will live in the laundry/bathroom. FUCK!

    Yeah, conditional enrollment is pretty much Academic probation. It scares me!

    Yes, do more fun Vlogs. If you're not enjoying yourself THEN WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING???

    Arohanui <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. i HATE when places don't have proper nutritional info up. they hardly do for any of the places in ireland!

    as for the comment, as best you can try and ignore it. easier said than done though,

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. boys are rather insensitive. once i stupidly asked one of my guy mates how much he thinks i weighted, he said 60kg, i was actually 53kg! it really hurt.
    you're a machine girl! i wish i could exercise, though i'm too much of a lazy bitch..
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mich, you will never guess...I was JUST about to do a post of Pre-Raphaeliteness!

    And yeah, when my bf pinched my cheek and said I had gotten chubbier (he meant in a chipmunk/adorable way) I could have vomited out my heart onto the floor.

    Hearing that sucks. All the time. From anyone.

    Keep your chin up!

    Also, don't get me started on nutritional info or I'll be here forever. All I'll say is, I feel your pain xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! That guy must have felt so bad after! Your mom sounds lovely. Puh-lease! You are NOT fat, love! That poor woman...You're doing great. Keep it up! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Have you gained weight?"
    "Has your penis shrunk?"

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like Gina's comment. Good job on the exercize, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i also like ginas comment. god, weight should just always be an off limits topic, unless theyre complimenting. fuck, i hate that guy for saying that.
    also, i wish DD had pictures for their donuts, because i dont know what theyre called and one day i would like to have one and not die of curiosity as to whether i had 200 or 400 calories. GAH.

    stay lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's one of my favorite paintings. John Everett Millais, and all the Pre-Raphaelite painters are very dear to me. Although I confess, Dante Gabriel Rossetti has to be my personal favorite. It's the poetry, really.

    ReplyDelete
  19. damn dunkin donuts
    glad u got ur answer though

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.