There was nothing on telly, so I dug Millennium out of the shelf. I'm pretty sure it's the greatest television show ever made (sorry Oz, you're only #2). I wish they'd made more than three seasons. I've got them all memorized.
<3 the opening credits:
I pigged out a little tonight. SO CLOSE to ending the day at 820 (really good for a Friday night). >:( Little Sis came with me on Wednesday to do the food shopping, which means the pantry is now filled with the following Satanic foods:
- Eggo Waffle Maple Flavoured Cereal (This isn't too bad; only 110 per cup, but I tend to eat whole boxes of cereal in one sitting so it's bad for me.)
- S'Mores Pop Tarts (200 per ONLY ONE pop tart. What the f*ck people?! You're feeding these to your children??)
- Soft & Chewy Chips Ahoy (60 cals per one itty bitty cookie)
- Heavy whipping cream (50 cals per tablespoon. I will whip up a whole bowl of it by hand just to eat it. With cookies.)
- REESE'S MOTHERF*CKING PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
- A bear full of honey (60 cals per tablespoon)
- Ice cream sandwiches (120 per sandwich. I had to put my foot down at that point, so Little Sis agreed to the Weight Watcher's ones.)
So I pretty much spent the evening darting back and forth between the living room and the kitchen while hyperventilating. I don't get it. Why is the weekend different? Why am able to starve all week and then I just cave on Friday?
(T_T)
I ♥ Luna Lovegood:
Evanna Lynch, the Irish actress who plays her, wrote J. K. Rowling loads of fan letters saying how much she'd love to be in a Harry Potter film. She wrote to Rowling when she was put in hospital for anorexia, and Rowling wrote back with advice. Apparently Rowling's advice helped her to recover, and she ended up in the 5th HP film.
I enjoyed that when a friend told me.
I wish I could grow my hair that long! :*O Alas, bleached hair that was thin to begin with doesn't look that great long. It just looks dead, right before it starts falling out. I'll be getting it freshly bleached this weekend, hopefully. My roots are starting to look trailer-trashy.


Luna Lovegood was my idol as an 11 year old. I wanted to be just like her.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know those facts though. So interesting. She plays the part so perfectly.
Why is it that everything you write is so interesting? (:
I just watched the 5th movie last night, and while Alan Rickman is the only good actor in those movies, she wasn't bad. I love the back story though.
ReplyDeletehaha "a bear full of honey" made me laugh.
Maybe you do worse on the weekends because you've gotten into that self perpetuating rut where you expect to binge and therefore don't really try as much because you think it wont make a difference and you'll end up bingeing anyway. At least that's what happens to me sometimes.
Really interesting facts, i liked it!
ReplyDeleteI tend to binge on weekends too, maybe is because i have nothing to do.
xx
Those opening credits look awesome, I will have to check out that show sometime. I can normally avoid the foods on that list but Ice Cream Sandwiches are always the death of me. Curse you junk food gods!
ReplyDeletewow she did a pretty good job in it though. considering she wasnt an actress to begin with. ahh evil evil food! im up to 800 today too but im dying for a pizza or some kinda cheezy flavoured snack (doritos maybe). But i mustnt! else i will ruin my new plan and have to put away like $20.
ReplyDeleteIm sure if i was faced with all that food i would cave in tho. at least the weekend is shorter than the week :P
Wow I didn't know she'd had anorexia! That is interesting... :)
ReplyDeleteMy hair is falling out and I've never bleached, dyed, permed or straightened it! Boo for trailer trashy hair though (yay an Americanism I understand!)
take care love, I hate the kitchen-lounge-kitchen-bedroom-kitchen OMG I'M GOING TO EAT panic. xxx
I never knew she was anorexic! Good for her for recovering! Of course, if my motivation was to be in a Harry Potter movie, I would probably try to recover as well ;)
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about all the food. I hate going to my parents house for breaks from school and having to be around all the different food they have. It's a constant battle between me and the kitchen.
Stay strong xoxo
Ugh, the food, the food...the etoh...and i do this to myself, no little sis to force it upon me! Sorry 'bout the disasterous shopping trip! i kind of know what you mean, but mine goes, how can i starve myself all DAY and then...?
ReplyDeletei love the opening credits...makes me really want to watch it...! i love the opening credits to "Pretty Little Liars"...i know, dumb show, but great extended opening credits...wish i knew how to send them to you...
Thanks for another amazing post!
Lots of Love,
tracy
Oh, Oh, Leto....Alan Rickman...yum! Makes me think of "Sweeney Todd"...hee! A wee bit older looking!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteo.m.g
ReplyDeleteLuna has always been my favorite. I had no idea she put in the hospital for anorexia or how she got in the film, very interesting...thanks for the info:)
I don't know why weekends are different. More free time? Everyone has more free time, so people cook more/grocery shop so food is everywhere :|.
I love Luna so much, she's my favourite character aside from Lupin & Tonks [RIP].
ReplyDeleteI also love the actress, she's so beautiful. I have a little crush on her lol.
I saw half of the film where she appears a year or two ago, and now that I'm finally getting into Harry Potter I'm frustrated because I'm determined to watch them in order - and I'm waiting for the fourth film to arrive from Amazon (hear that, Amazon gods?? Post please!).
ReplyDeleteI'm doing my best to resist watching the fifth and sixth ones....which are somewhere in this house....
Nor can I read any more of the books, since the Older Sister is giving me them for Christmas (because I am poor, and she's developed this habit of giving me children's books, because obviously I am an adult). I'm waffling on about this, because I WANT TO READ MORE HARRY POTTER DAMMIT!!! Apologies.
Phfft.
I've never seen Millennium...hmm...
And now I'm just picturing this grizzly bear with paws dripping with honey camping out in your pantry...
xx