And speaking of making new friends:
This is Rhea. She is a Garden Spider. She's been living in the shady corner where the deck meets the house, and has been there for about 10 days.
Garden Spiders rule because every evening, they build these giant ridiculously elaborate webs, sit in the middle of the web all night, and then take the web down in the morning. Then they build a new web the next evening, and so on.
Rhea, unlike the rest of her brethren, does not build a new web every day. She creates such glorious feats of architecture that she just leaves them up. She hides during the day, and then goes out to sit in her web every night.
And then on Wednesday afternoon, her web was destroyed. The young lad who comes to mow the lawn took a leafblower to Rhea's web. I cried. I thought Rhea - a Titan among spiders - was gone forever.
But no. In retaliation, she built a web that is about ten times as large as the old one, and twice as awesome.
I think maybe I should have gone to college for biology or something.

lol nice story there. I hate spiders tho eek we have massive ones here in Aus they freak me out they're just fat & hairy & crawl into your house at night during summer, my bf had one crawl across his forehead and into his hair while he was asleep yuckkk
ReplyDeletehello :) xxx
ReplyDeleteHeyy thanks for the comment m'dear - I've just been trying to get through them. On the plus side, I've lost 4lbs in 1 day.
ReplyDeleteThat spider sounds epic - I love spiders ^.^
<3
if there was a "like it" button for blog posts, id be hitting repeat for this one :)
ReplyDeletei hate spiders they freak me out
ReplyDeletebut taht was a great stroy
and i glad she was ok
Hello to you too <3
ReplyDeleteAnd the spider sounds awesome. I fear spiders, which is kinda weird because my house is FILLED with them.
I'm fucking TERRIFIED of spiders, but I like Rhea's attitude.
ReplyDeleteI'M TEAM RHEA!! FUCK YOU LAWNMOWING BITCH-BOY!!
I want a pet spider so freakin bad. Either tht or a snake. Or one day, a tiger. ...yeah. :]
ReplyDeleteheyy. thanks for the comment on my site. I really appreciate it. I am sorry that you mum is going through a hard time. It is so hard to try and get someone help when they don't need it. I am so happy that my mum is goign to see someone. But at the same time I can totally understand and you can probably too. We don't want help from anyone you know? we just want to be left alone to do what we think is best. I hope that I never get as bad as my mum though.
ReplyDeleteabout the boy- he hasn't said it no. Our relationship hasn't been the smoothest thing in the world. there were ALOT of obstacles. but it feels like we are finally making something of it. I think i love him and I know they say that when you are in love you just know.. but i don't believe that. I wouldn't tell him I loved him if I wasn't sure, but.. oh i dunno. just a big mess i suppose :)
xxxx
hahaha, that's so hilarious. Loved this post.
ReplyDelete