Monday, August 2, 2010

Master cleanse?


I'm thinking about trying the Master Cleanse. For those of you who are unfamiliar: it's basically drinking a weird concoction of lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper for 10 days straight and not eating anything at all, and also taking laxatives nightly or doing the salt water flush. Basically fasting and bowel-emptying under the guise of "De-Toxing."

And since the Master Cleanse has a legit website and books and junk, Mum cannot accuse me of making it up as an excuse to not eat. I shall go to the supermarket today and scope out the lemons and syrup and whatnot. And I need non-iodized sea salt, as I plan to do the salt-water flush anyway. I am probably the only freak in the world who actually enjoys the salt water. I <3 salt. 'Tis delicious!

Have any of you ladies (and gents ...?) ever done the Master Cleanse? Does it work? Does that lemonade-maple-cayenne stuff taste rank? It sounds like it could be either super nasty or kind of yummy... Do I really need to do the ease-in/ease-out thing? Because I am an impulsive and impatient sort of person, and the whole "doing things gradually" never really works for me. I'd rather rush in with guns blazing, wreak havoc, and then rush out again. It hasn't led me astray yet!


9 comments:

  1. I loooooove the spicy lemonade thing Master Cleanse has going on.

    I've done it before, but never a full 10 days. After 5 I get burned out on all the lemony spiciness and start craving other flavors.

    I had a friend who did it for like 20 days. I think she lost 6lbs, but she kind of had a slow metabolism to start with and starving doesn't help speed that up.

    But umm, yeah. It definitely makes your system clean as a whistle. It's more than just your bowels that get flushed. The lemon juice flushes your kidneys/liver/gall bladder which is why it's sold as a detox kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive never treid it myself but ihad a friend who did idk how much she lsot but she would addmore or less of some of the ingredients to make it taste better

    ReplyDelete
  3. i must say, i am either going to go throw up or take some laxies or both...am i a cheery addittion to the blogb or what :-( ? i know....screw me..... i am sorrry,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done the master cleanse.. MANY times. I find the drink REALLY yummy, especially when it's chilled with ice although I know you can have it hot as well (?) I could drink lots of it.. and it does fill you up. I've never done it for more then 5days and I've never eased and at.. cos like you I'm not patient it's either all or nothing. Good luck with it I'll look forward to reading how you did :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I'm an avid blog follower of yours. P.S. You rock. Anywho, I'm currently on the baby food diet. Which does a pretty awesome job at cleansing you out. Got the idea from Dainty Zen. I've been on it for a week and have lost 8 pounds. A consistent loss, not all rollercoaster like, which makes me both homicidle/suicidle. I'd recommend looking into it. It taste good for one and max cals at like 50 for each cup. Gerber naturals, sweet potatoes are So flippin amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh be sure to tell me how it goes! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the support, ladies! I think I'm going to start it Friday. My psych class finishes on Thursday, so I figure I should keep eating until AFTER the final...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i tried once, it does work, it tastes like sweet spicy mexican candy, but in liquid form. thats what it tastes like to me :)
    good luck hun! its more important to ease your way out of it when your finished with the cleanse, or you'll get plenty of tummy aches!

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.