I don't think I'll be able to do this for another 8 days. If I've lost anything by tomorrow, I'll try and keep it up until Friday and then reassess my physical condition. The lemon-maple thing is yummy, but drinking it all day is starting to make me feel sick. I've never had much of a sweet tooth, and I hate fruit (it hates me, too - makes me ill). Why couldn't I eat nothing but meat for 10 days and lose weight that way?!? God is cruel. There's also a definite increase in my anxiety level since yesterday. We'll see how it goes...
I think I've given up on Pretty Little Liars. I read all the books and they were awesome, but the show is just straying way too far from the books and I feel like I can't keep up. Plus, none of the girls look like they're supposed to. And in the books, they're not even friends! >:O I totally don't see how "A" can be who she is in the books. I'm making my sister give me a run-down after every new episode to see if they can pull it off.
Writer's block has set in yet again. I went book shopping to try and get inspired. That's right - my unemployed as$ went to Barnes & Noble and purchased $75 worth of books on my mastercard! I bought Grip of the Shadow Plague and The Candy Shop War by Brandon Mull, Among the Betrayed and Among the Barons by Margaret Haddix, The Old Willis Place and Deep Dark and Dangerous by Mary Hahn, Plato's Republic, and a kit to paint watercolor fairies and mermaids.

So hopefully, I shall spend tomorrow reading and then be waist-deep in fantastical inspiration.
What does the Master Cleanse drink do? The lemon-mayple-cayanne pepper combo I mean.
ReplyDeleteso wait, you're adding maple syrup to the already sweetened lemonade?
ReplyDeletedon't double up on the sugar, that'd make anyone sick! lol
you're only supposed to have one form of sugar, and the maple syrup metabolizes slower or something. Idk if that's the truth, but it's meant to keep your blood sugar stable.
maple syrup + fresh lemon juice + water and then you control how sweet it is. I don't like mine too sweet, personally. I put in just enough syrup to take the edge off of the sour spiciness.
I really wanted to do the master cleanse too but then i started going to the gym and got too dizzy to do anything so i stopped, hope i can do it one day good luck for the rest of the week
ReplyDeleteLuna, according to the website, it's supposed to like clean you out of toxins or something. And make you drop like 10 pounds...
ReplyDeleteLol, Kazehana, I think the maple syrup is just there for the cals. I don't use as much as you should since I don't really like too much sweets either, but if I use none I'd probably drop dead. : / My blood pressure is too low for straight up fasting, and there's not many cals in the lemonade.
Actually, according to the Atkins diet, you CAN eat nothing but meat and lose weight. But if you're body isn't used to the digestion of meat (from not eating/going periods without meat) then that might be what is causing a weight gain when you eat it.
ReplyDeleteDr. Atkins is correct, eating meat alone is much like fasting because your body goes into a state called ketosis where your body uses its fat reserves for energy. But the problem with eating just meat is that it poses a lot of health problems like heart disease, high cholesteral, etc. It is also very hard for your body to digest and is not good for the colon. But it is hard to gain weight, because your body is not getting sufficient carbs to fuel your body.
Oh, and I forgot one thing. Meat that we eat today is pumped with hormones and antibiotics, which start fueling a whole new list of problems as well. That's what really keeps me away from meat.
ReplyDeletei dont think i would b able to do the master cleanse either me and leomonade dont mix very well
ReplyDeletei love pretty little liars the show at least i havent gotten around to reading the books yet im trying to save moeny for i can buy all of them at once
omg u sound like me a barnes and nobles i havetn let myself go there in awhile caus i know i will spend way to much money and my creidt cards are high enough as it is
but i love reading so yay