Thursday, August 19, 2010

Is that a beached whale?!? No, it's just me, your humble narrator.


Why oh why is it so much harder to restrict when you're on holiday with family? Aside from the obvious: I'm with Mum and Sis all day, so they'll notice if I'm not eating. And we go out to eat every night, so it would look a bit odd if I ate a salad three nights in a row. These things are unavoidable, and I wouldn't beat myself for those reasons.

No, it's my own voluntary filthy bingeing that makes me want to cry. I start out good in the morning - 1 bowl cereal, with just a little more milk than usual because Mum is usually in the kitchen and might think it strange if I had my Cheerios with water. Then exercise - yesterday and today I went on 1 1/2 hour-16 mile bike rides (OW) and yesterday I walked for 1 hour, today so far I did a 20 minute walk. But everything goes to hell at dinnertime.

I love fish. I love to eat all living things in general, but during the summer fish becomes my fav. I will try any fish you put in front of me. And you better believe if we're going out to eat at the Jersey Shore, I'm going to want to sample the local deliciousness. I thought I could contain myself. Get some crab and just eat the crab meat, while picking at the carb-filled sides.

Epic fail. I can't stop once I get started. Last night I ate a CRAB-CAKE MOTHERF***ING SANDWICH. With FRIES!!! The night before was only slightly better: I beasted a crab and then a lobster, but steered clear of butter, sauce, or side dishes, except for a little side salad.

And tonight we are going out to eat again, because Mum refuses to cook while we're on holiday (I can't really blame her, it's her holiday as well). I must try to RESIST eating muck!!! I will get a salad, perhaps with some crabmeat or shrimp, but NO sandwiches, and absolutely no French fries. Even so, I'll be lucky to make it to Saturday without turning into a hulking behemoth.

Pray for me, my lovelies!!! And I would of course understand if y'all banish me to the farthest reaches of cyber-space for being a big giant beluga.

7 comments:

  1. As much as I doubt you think this is funny, I got a little laugh out of it, only because of the way you worded it. Not because it's actually funny.

    Keep your chin up hunny. We all gotta give in sometime, but once the holiday is over you can get back on the wagon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. o stay storng hun u can do it u can avoid the sandwhich and the fries
    ur dong great with ur execise though hun so thats a good thing
    try and enjoy the rest of ur vacation though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sense of humour. haha. we are defs going to "banish me to the farthest reaches of cyber-space"

    totally understandable if ur with ur mum and sister!!!!

    we wont let u turn into a hulking behemoth either lol

    keep it up, ur exercise sounds good!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand how you feel. I'm NOT on vacation, but have been eating a ton. It's like once you start eating, it just all goes to hell and you eat everything, even things you shouldn't. I hate that.
    At least you're excercising, though! I haven't been excercising very much :/
    I'm sure one week eating vacation food isn't going to turn you into a whale xD just try to enjoy yourself on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm...praying for you...I'm not sure God will recognize my voice, but I'll do it anyway! XD
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will be fine, vacay will come to an end. Although, i do understand Vacation Hell and all the crappy, delicious food that comes along with it.
    Lost in Space i love what you said about God recognizing your voice! :) Me, too..., however, i shall try as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fucking GET BACK HERE are write me more funny! I've almost pissed myself 5 times in the last 20ming laughing at your delightful blogging.

    <3 Praying for you my pretty little Maui Dolphin (If you INSIST on being a cetacean, be a cute one!)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.