Tuesday, April 27, 2010

An apple a day makes me puke a lot.


I thought I'd try and be healthy yesterday, so I brought an apple to work instead of the usual 60-cal Jell-O mousse. I'm not a big fruit eater, so I only finished a little over half of the apple. And about 15 minutes later, I felt ill.

I should know better. I hate almost all fruits. Apples are the only ones I can eat because they're not gooey and mushy (it's the nasty texture that puts me off most fruit). Occasionally, I'll suck the juice out of an orange, but I don't actually eat it. And I don't mind orange juice (especially blood orange), but I can only have a tiny drop of the juice, and then I have to water it down, usually with fizzy water. If I drink too much orange juice, I'll feel sick for at least 12 hours.

So I don't know what it was about yesterday's apple that upset my tummy way more than fruit usually does, but I only managed 36 minutes on the treadmill before I had to floor it up to the bathroom and vomit. After that, I felt way too sick to keep exercising, so I bummed around in my sweatpants, and had to nibble roast chicken and broccoli because the mother was watching me like a hawk. I puked all of that up as well, mere seconds after I ate it, but all I could taste was apple. :(

I shouldn't feel fat, since technically the only calories I took in yesterday were from breakfast (150), but not doing my full work out makes me feel like such a pig.

So far today, I ate: cereal (couldn't stomach eggs, so low-carb diet will have to resume later; 140), coffee (10).

No comments:

Post a Comment

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.