Sunday, January 9, 2011

Never send a business man to do a psychopath's job.

I did not binge yesterday! That's the first Saturday in a loooong time. A combination of stressful factors contributed to it, I think. One of them being the visitation of my father, and the other being the Boss. 


Boss sent me the following text on Saturday morning: "WHY did you write Essex County a check for $965?!?"


Ok I know I'm a tard with math and numbers, but I'm not that bad. Nevertheless, I nearly went into cardiac arrest, and felt fairly certain I was about to be fired. We went back and forth texting--me at home and him in the office trying to find the check stubs--and then I was just like feck it and went into the office myself to sort it out. 


It turns out that, for reasons unknown, some kind of glitch in our accounting software caused two checks (one for $925 and one for $40) to show up as a single check for $965 when the Boss printed out last week's accounting list to do his bank rec, and thus the $925 that we paid in rent showed up as being on the same check as the $40 we sent to Essex County.


And I found the check stubs that Boos said were "missing," in about five seconds, proving that I wrote out both checks correctly.  


>_<


Way to destroy my Saturday morning. 


I wish I had a job that I loved. Like really loved, rather than just liked and accepted. Remember when we were little? At age 5, you knew exactly what you wanted to be when you grew up. Or at least, you had a few solid ideas. What happened to that certainty? When I was in kindergarten, I could only see three career possibilities for myself as a grown-up:


Fairy Godmother


Cowboy


A Bus Driver


Or a Super Villain.
And I knew for certain that one of those career choices would lead to a blissfully happy adulthood. Perhaps one day, I shall find myself in my dream job, but at this point I think that's kind of a silly fantasy, especially as I have no idea what my dream job actually is. 


Aside from super villain, of course. 


What were all your dream careers when you were 5?

31 comments:

  1. I hope the bosses balls rot off for fucking up your Saturday!

    Well done not binging, you're doing better than me!

    I never knew what I wanted to be, still don't. Probably 'cause I don't really wanna grow up!

    Heaps of love. <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wanted to be a ballerina princess! but really it changed almost every week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bosses generally are just idiots xD <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupid Boss!

    i wanted to be soooo many things when i was 5......Nurse (as evidenced by my "Junior Nurse" lunch box), Doctor, Veterinarian, Veterinary Tech, EMT, Paramedic.....anyone see a trend here? Obviously some of these came after 5...

    Sad thing is...i only made it to EmtB...and never actually worked as one.

    Mich, Super Hero...Yesh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to be a doctor, a fireman, and a police officer...but I would much rather be a super villain!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. when i was little it was either pirate, adventurer/paleontologist, or astronaut. in leui of me not being any of these things I've decided to become a research and do my best to travel the world.

    i ove your pics. i cannot get over them. hilarious! bus driver..oh that is a fun one. i love the stack of books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Working for a lawyer sounds a lot like working for a doctor. I swear half of those people got to where they are because they can only focus on one thing at a time, lacking the versatility and meticulousness of their support staff exhausting themselves filling in the cracks.

    How great are the kids who romanticize "menial" positions like bus driver? Aside from the typical obsession with paleontology, I also dreamed of being a postal worker. My little cousin wants to be a dentist and practices by yanking out other children's teeth on the playground. I have high hopes for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mich you always leave the best comments :)

    and when i was a kid i wanted to be an explorer like tomb raider... and i still do haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on not binging wow. Now that's how you enjoy a Saturday!
    I wanted to be a horse jockey when I was little, I loved horses and thought that jockeys made tons of cash lol..
    I actually wish I could land a job as interior decorator or baker..
    Here's daydreaming...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to be a rockstar/astronaut! LOLOLOL!

    Congrats on not binging & I'm glad you got the check situation straightened out with your boss. And didn't get fired and have to fall back on your backup career as a super villian. While no doubt fun, i'm not sure how profitable that career path would be! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dumb boss, lol I'm sorry about that. Great job not binging! I have been doing decently myself lol.

    When I was a kid, I wanted to be a witch, a teacher, a spy, and any other variations of jobs that [at my young age] seemed to have a large semblance of power.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanted to be a Marine Biologist. haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my. I would have had a heart attack if I had received that text! Aha.
    I, for some strange reason, wanted to be a mechanic when I was a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow ur boss e hsoudlknow how to figured that out himself
    sorry u had to go in
    i wanted to b an actress and a writer and what do i do work in retail ugh

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I was 5 I wanted to be a vampire. Or a mortitican. I was a weird child.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wanted to be a donut maker. Oh Lord. Good thing I didn't pursue that or I'd be about 800lbs right now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you boss is an a-hole. how'd fasting go btw?
    i can't remember what i wanted to be when i was little, nothings very clear to me before the age of seven or eight, which is strange. i remember at some point i wanted to be a firefighter! maybe i was ten? but that was only because my Dad said they had to workout a lot and keep fit lol, the thought of saving lives and such didn't even accure to me at the time.
    i love that you wanted to be the Fairy God Mother

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanted to be a pediatric surgeon, one of madonna's back up dancers, a solid gold dancer, a ballerina, an astronaut and a cowgirl.

    Ummmm I still practice my solid gold moves in my room. Keeps my weight down. xp

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhh that sounds like a stressful Saturday :( Never fun.
    I don't remember what I wanted to be when I was 5... I think for a while I wanted to be a baker, actually. Which is what I want to be now xD I'm not sure. I was pretty messed up from about 5/6 onward lmao

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw sorry your morning was ruined by your boss!! stupid jobs! :p

    I wanted to be a veterinarian, mermaid princess, dancer, & the people who work with the whales & dolphins at those amusement parks lol. Obviously none worked out:/... I wish I could do what I loved, but seems money rules the world so my major choice is based on the salary I can make :(

    I think you should become a fairy godmother :D you'd be good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ballerina...Something else tells me teacher. Love the bus picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW, well.. you didn't binge & you proved you done well, so, all's well that ends well no?

    As for your question,
    I never figured out the hero vs. villain thing.. part of me thought destroying the annoying humans (minus a few less annoying chosen i.e. friends & slaves) would be the best thing I could do for myself, another part thought the praise for being a hero was the best thing to strive for.. looking now though I rather have the mindset of the villain since I don't really give two tosses about anyone but me (er, and those few friends)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You should still aim for the Fairy Godmother career! Lord knows I need one :P That or the super villain. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wanted to be an artist, unfortunately my artistic skills stopped developing about age 5!
    Oh and I got my neurology colouring book from amazon, it is American and they do them for anatomy and loads of scientific things :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. ah, bosses are the most incapable people sometimes... but i'm glad everything got sorted.
    i love your career artworks. if only you had become a fairy godmother, and were able to make us all beautiful... or at least gave us the imagination to think and believe so.
    i wanted to be a doctor. it still hasn't changed.
    xxx v

    ReplyDelete
  27. artist!

    now it's a thin artist.

    I'm getting there haha.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Me again!

    I sent you an e-mail last week, not sure if you got it or not. I'm afraid I have no faith in anything in this country anymore!

    <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I find it interesting looking back how much of my aspirations were physical and not intellectual and how that changed somewhere along the line....not sure why since I still can't fuckin sit still.

    Not everything matters the way we imagine it to.

    What matters to me I suspect does not to him?

    It's such a long story and one without any plot at all; but I think the not knowing of whys or whats is the cause of him lingering in my side like a stitch after running.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i hope you're right about the lax, it would just make me feel a hell of a lot better about the whole situation lol. i've been reading your stories, i'm in love with Elena from Loathing, i want to be her!
    good luck with your fast, i'm kinda doing the same. just going for however long. though i have to eat on the 17th and i'm absolutely dreading it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I wanted to be an actress! Not one of the "leads" tho...I thought lead roles were boring. Actually I still think most female lead roles are boring.
    I want the fun roles like Mrs Bennet (the Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice please) or Mrs Slocombe from Are You Being Served.
    Or a makeup arist or hairstylist. I even had one of those makeup-heads that were just big doll heads on a stand instead of on a doll body.
    I sill like the idea of these careers. Sad I won't get them. No idea how to get them. No working backstage at Charlotte Ronson for me *blush* *sigh*

    Yourbus driver pic is my fave.
    Your boss is a moron. Hopefully he learned that he can't do shit without you, tho :) cuz that's job security. At least until you get something better

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.