Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ho Hum.

Thanks so much for the gorgeous moonstone ring!!! You know who you are... I didn't know if you'd want it publicized so I'll leave you anonymous. You are far too kind. <3


And Dressage Woman, thanks for your comment. For some reason, Blogger won't let me comment on your blog. :(


*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*
It is common practise among attorneys (and probably lots of other professionals) to dictate letters and pleadings and court notices and the like onto little tapes, so that their secretaries can play those little tapes back on a machine and type out everything their bosses dictated. This comprises most of my day at work. It's pretty easy stuff, but I must say that it's highly unpleasant when my boss--in the middle of his dictation--decides to cough or clear his throat very loudly. I listen to those tapes on headphones, and that cough is usually quite a bit louder than the speech. It's really not cool when I'm in the middle of typing a letter and suddenly get my eardrum blown out by my boss's coughing fit. 


I have successfully fasted for 48 hours. Nothing but coffee, tea, and emergency V8 has entered my stomach. I have also not exercised, as it would probably be unwise to burn 500+ calories on the treadmill while taking in less than 200. The anxiety of Not Exercising really sucks. I need to keep telling myself that my life will not be ruined because I did not go on the treadmill 2 days in a row. I am not going to gain 20 pounds overnight from not exercising. 


The fast shall continue until Mum notices and starts getting suspicious. So far I've managed to get out of dinner yesterday and today, but I doubt it will last much longer.


I found something fun under my bed yesterday:


It's a colour-your-own tarot deck. Now I most certainly do not have the patience or artistic skills to sit down and colour 78 tarot cards, so I thought perhaps I should dole them out amongst like-minded individuals. Anyone want a tarot card?? I thought I'd maybe start each one with something--like colour in a section, or start collaging--and then send it to one of you lovely ladies. You could colour and decorate it and then we would each have a piece of the deck; perhaps even exchange finished cards once they're done? Or maybe play with it for a week or so, and then pass it on to someone else? Idk, I thought it seemed like a cute idea. Let me know if you're interested, and what card you'd like!

Not much else to report. Life has been unnaturally quiet since the holidays ended. It's making me kind of jumpy, actually. My life is rarely this calm--there must be a natural disaster or plague outbreak headed my way......

29 comments:

  1. I <3 the tarot idea!!! I almost bought myself a deck the other day with my Christmas Barnes and Noble card...but I stopped myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards idea is great!
    I know what you mean, when my life is too calm, I get jumpy too but try to enjoy it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. *shudder* calm. Eye of the storm. No distractions. Deafening quiet.

    I'd like a card! Can you imagine the energy in a completed deck like that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH, YES PLEASE!!! I want to colour The Queen of Wands and any others you wanna give me!

    Congrats on your fast! Hope it made you feel better.

    I got these as an early birthday present from the boys: http://www.deviantmoon.com/wordpress/

    Heaps of love. <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when you're doing a transcription and someone sneezes. It's like the whole frickin world is collapsing inside my ear.

    Good job with fasting. I hope you get a few more days out of it before mum catches on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Neurology colouring book :) I feel SO cool :P
    I hate typing dictations so I could no way do your job x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Me again. Sent you my e-mail. Hope it went through. Have a nice evening later. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok-- I appreciate the personal mention, makes me feel special! I am new to having a blog of my own, so I messed around with the settings... maybe you and others can comment now-- I'm not sure. I may be seeking some help if readers are still unsuccessful.


    As for the Tarot cards-- go ahead and dole 'em out, I say. But if you want them all back to make a complete, useable deck... I feel hesitant because, growing up when my mom would read my cards for me, she always told me that I was not allowed to touch the cards because only the cards' owner could touch them. Somtehing about the power in them getting confused or discombobuled... IDK... have you ever heard that before?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would absolutly love to do a card.. The Moon & The Tower are my favorites.. How do I tell you where to send it though?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tarot card, yes please! That sounds like a good idea, especially if you gathered them all up after to see what they all resembled.

    Have you read 'The Castle of Crossed Destinies' by Italo Calvino? He used the tarot to create interconnecting narratives.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe... your description of the transcription(whoa, I made a rhyme) made me giggle. Sorry. : )

    You're doing really well with the fasting! I suck at it. I always get dizzy and/or nauseous and end up caving. Take care of yourself, though!

    Hope your life stays calm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So do you work as a paralegal? Or something like that? I thought about going to school for that because it only requires an associate degree & the pay isn't horrible:)

    I love the tarot card idea! I love doing crafty stuff like that:) I just get a little paranoid giving people my mailing address :/

    Congrats on your fast:D! I badly need to do a 48+ fast, may try that Thursday & Friday. Enjoy the calmness while it's here :D hopefully it'll last longer than you're expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, moonstones are so pretty!! That would be hilarious while dictating your boss you actually wrote: "And now I would like too *cough**cough* to call this meeting *gag**cough**coughs louder* ...*clears throat*...to order..." :D

    Hey, great job on the fasting! I wish I had the fasting willpower that you have! (no seriously, I do) You're wise not exercising while fasting because the exercise seems to be more difficult to get through when not eating.

    The color your own tarot deck looks neat! You could probably score a "color your own weegie board" too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooo such a great idea!!! I freaking loooooooooooove colouring. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. ahhh! id love to have a card.
    my email is: strivingtobebeautiful@gmail.com if you would like to email me. haha.
    I LOVE COLOURING LIKE A 4 YEAR OLLDDD!! haha

    stay lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha those transcriptions sound annoying, but I have this great image of you in my head quietly typing and randomly spasming when the coughs start. Great job fasting that's awesome.
    I love the tarot card idea! I'll definitely take one. Can I call dibs on the devil?

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love how u find random stuff under ur bed

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love the tarot idea! where did you get the set btw? good luck with your fast and i'm so very happy you're choosing not to exercise =D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. My christmas was great, thanks. I hope yours was, too. And i'm probably going to have to get that mini elliptical from the back of a truck as well.

    Wow. your job sounds awesome! whereas i am unemployed. instead im stuck going to school. the tarot card thing sounds cool. like sisterhood of the traveling pants or something lol. stay strong <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. my mum is constantly clearing her throat, it drives me mad, so hearing that on earphones... i'm sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love one if you have enough! Would you mail them to us?

    Great job on your fast! 48 hours is actually the longest I've ever gone.

    I laughed out loud at your boss' whooping. But I'm sorry for it must be horrific to listen to.

    Also, I'm so excited to get my elliptical!

    -sara

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awh, but you seem like the artistic type! You really do. When I picture Mich, I picture creativity. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i'd love to do a card, if you have any left over!

    You are fasting and i'm getting fatter...'tis my big, fat mouth, always getting me in trouble, in one way or another...GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You could make a new email adress & put it out just for this, or on your next post turn comments to that 'needs to be approved' thing so we can comment our addresses & you can just not post them.. just ideas ^.^ I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  25. haha, ya! totally random find under the bed! I'mma go check to see if I have anything fun under mine.....

    NOPE

    HAHA

    ya, totally send me a tarot card. Something rad like death or high priestess. I'll facebook you my addy. I'll color it and send it back and then it will have magical powers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. GACK - oh i can just imagine feeling like someone just sneezed or coughed right in my ear. ew, that would drive me so mad.
    i think the tarot card sharing would be quite a fun idea! they'd look so interesting if you put them back as a complete deck too!
    keep up the great work on your fast!
    staystrong, page.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'd love a tarot set like that, the one I have is so plain, makes reading the future so ho hum..

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.