Saturday, September 18, 2010

Today...

...I am going to visit my father.

Every time I do this, I feel like a prisoner heading towards my execution. I feel like I should be having my last meal right about now.

BUT I shall rise above these silly feelings, and just follow my mother's advice: hold still and don't make any sudden movements until it's over, then just pretend it never happened.

I don't think she had visiting my father in mind when she told me that, but I feel like it applies. More later, after the visit. Then perhaps I might explain why my father and I have lots of issues, if y'all are interested. It's not that exciting.

I didn't binge last night! Go me!

9 comments:

  1. yay for not binging
    just take ur own adivce there hun just get thru it i know u have ur reasons for not wanting to visit him and thats fine but if ur mom wants u to then go and avoid a fight with her later on just do what u have to to get thru it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that "yay". Good luck at your dad's! "You will survive. You will survive!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so understand that feeling of dread associated with seeing one or both of your parents. I felt like that everyday I came home from school and lasted until just after I graduated from college. The last time I felt it was 22 March 1999, the day I left. I haven't spoken to my family for almost 12 years now. It'll be a cold day in hell...!
    Hang in there, Babe. X.
    P.S. Well done for not binging, pat yourself on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I despise my father. Unfortunately, I still live with him.
    I hope everything goes okay with you and yours. I'll be reading how it goes once you post it (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for not binging! Good luck with your father. I know you'll be okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fuck yes for not binging! you're a badass and don't fucking forget it! good luck seeing your father.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the no binge! And I hope your visit with your father goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the visit. The advice sounds like a good way to go.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've kept a diary since the 9th of september till yesterday :) and then i quit becasue i did binge, so well done girl.
    I have a stepfather adn we have a strange relationship too. Reecently I've been looking for my biological dad on the internet though :/
    Hope your "meeting" goes well. He's your dad, nothing to be scared about, I hope :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.