Monday, September 20, 2010

All that I say and do is right.



Tomorrow (AHEM::coughcough::) is my birthday. I shall be 26 years of age, which means I shall be wiser than age 25. I am roughly the same weight I was this time last year. And it's pretty much the thinnest I've ever been, except for that brief time last summer when I got down to 98. 


I know I might feel differently about this 10 years from now, but I don't stress about getting older. Most of my friends get all stressed out, especially the ones that are turning 30 this year or next, but it just seems silly to me. Why bother getting stressed about your age? In another year, you are just going to get older AGAIN. And then again every year after that. Time will not stand still, nor will it throw itself into reverse. And Time seems to go faster as you get older, so you may as well stop wasting it and enjoy every year that is given to you. Make an adventure out of each day, for it could be your last. I'm not trying to sound pessimistic, but I've known too many people who lost their lives to random accidents and Acts of God. Embrace Hedonism! It is a thrilling way of life.


I got a new pedometer yesterday, finally. I used to have an awesome one that I got out of a Frosties box. It had Tony the Tiger on it and everything, but it vanished like 2 years ago. Watch me find it now that I've spent money on a new one.


I also got some comb-in pink hair dye, just for fun. Might do that later. I will of course post photos of the results. I got my orange hair dye for the Leeloo Halloween costume as well. I'll do a trial run of the whole costume and post it!


I was going to say something exciting and possibly profound, but I totally forgot. 



15 comments:

  1. Caring about getting older is stupid, lol. I don't get why people get so worked up about it. I will be 30 in a year & a half & I don't really care one way or the other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think for some people the idea of time includes the idea of running out of time?

    But I feel like time is not something you ever really possess, even though you use it.

    So yeah, use your time willy nilly! lol

    26! w00t!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right, M, age is just a number. I don't feel any different now than I did at 16 or even 26. I am pleased to say that I am much wiser! If I only knew then what I know now...That's life!

    Being a Capricorn, I have to say, Hedonism is my middle name, Darling!

    I bet you anything that Tony pedometer turns up. Typical! I can't wait to see the pink hair. I'll stop in again tomorrow to wish you for your your big day. 26? Still just a baby!
    XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. I looked forward to turning thirty because I felt ready to be that age. I think it is a sign of maturity, or maturing at the right pace for your life, that you welcome a birthday. Getting older is fabulous because you gain hindsight over the past and with each year you recognize better who you are, what you have power over, and what you want to change. Life become more and more free as you walk through it.

    Hedonism is very fun. I truly enjoyed it in my twenties! Smile.

    Happy birthday, I hope you puke in your hair at least a little... J/k

    ReplyDelete
  5. Age is just a number... but tell that to my face! I don't want to look like my MOM.

    I think a lot of us put off doing things until we are thinner too, thus wasting our lives... don't want to look stupid parachuting with my flab flapping in the wind.

    WHATEVER! Carpe diem bitch!!!!
    I love your spirit, it's contagious.

    AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMEXY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY ALMOST BIRTHDAY! Also your last sentence made me laugh =) Haha you have absolutely no reason to stress about getting older, you're in the prime of your life right now.

    Love the carpe diem (w00t latin!) message in this entry, I hope you have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. birthdays are birthdays. I'm glad you're not freaking out about getting older!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well happy birthday hun i hope is goes well for u
    and ur right ppl shoulndt care about age i never feeling ne different its jut another year
    hehe tony the tiger love it
    im glad u gota new pedomete and yay for pink hair dye i cant wait to c pics of it

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a good one! :) I don't get stressing over age. As long as you don't look/feel OLD then what's the big deal, right? Hedonism all the way :) LOL@ the old pedometer! It's amazing how wonderful things out of a cereal box are (like computer games!). Can't wait to see the result and the costume! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a smashing time! I definitely stress about getting older...not so much the number, but more so, the effects of gravity. Wah Wah. Anyway, you are adorable and I can't wait to see the pink hair! Enjoy...much love darling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy birthday!! hope you have a great day and that this coming year is the best yet xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo! Happy Birthday. We should totally have a joint party on blogger. xD
    I seriously can't wait to see the photos with the pink in your hair. I bet it'll look totally cute!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!!! Love you and your wonderful blog!

    Annnnnd...i'm the OLDEST of them all!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a great one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just told you happy birthday on facebook and now I'm telling you again! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (:

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.