The attempts at eating more are not going so well. I had a bunch of excuses ready to go as to why I did not eat dinner yesterday or today, but I think we all know "I got home late and didn't want to eat so late" is a load of codswallop.
I consciously decided not to eat. Why? It made me feel better.
But I am eating during the day. I'm using dailyburn.com now to track everything, and I had 764 calories for the day. Turkey bacon, coffee, yoghurt, peanut butter and blackberry jam on Weight Watcher's rye bread (I love being able to eat bread and not freak out!! :D), some kettle corn, mini rice cakes, and a handful of cereal (Cookie Crisp, which is not nearly as good as it looks on the box).
I'm ok with 764. For the moment, it's low enough to keep my anxiety down, and high enough that I will not drop dead in the immediate future.
Was talking to Big Sis today, and we discussed how we both still run up the basement stairs like there's something chasing us.
I can't NOT run up the stairs. Obviously, there's monsters behind me. It's the BASEMENT for feck's sake.
I'm worse with my bed. And I'm fairly certain that no one grows out of these irrational frantic habits.
I cannot stand next to my bed. In order to get onto my bed, I must start at the bedroom door. To properly explain this, I have made a diagram.
As you can see, because of my hoarding, I don't have a lot of floor space with which to work. So approximately 2 feet outside my bedroom door, I start off at a run. Once I have cleared those two tables on the left, I leap, aiming for the center of the bed.
Because if I linger right next to the bed, the monsters will reach out and grab me, and drag me to my doom.
But once I'm on the bed, I'm Safe. The forcefield is activated, and the monsters cannot touch me.
Getting off the bed is a bit more problematic. Kitty can cover the whole room in one leap. She flies off the corner of the bed and straight through my bedroom door when she wishes to leave the Safe Zone. I have tried this multiple times.
I have failed.
The best way to get off the bed and clear the Danger Zone is to begin on your back, with your butt on the edge of the bed, and then LUNGE--like Liu Kang doing a bicycle kick--and you'll land a safe distance away.
I'm going to have a smigarette. Sleep well, my pretties! (Or have a good day, if you're on the Other Side!)
<3





haha sometimes I'm the same way about beds. Luckily I don't have a bed frame so there's nowhere for monsters to hide, but when I'm at my dad's I sometimes leap over the danger zone, and I really hate bending down and putting my face right at the edge to look under the bed-- obviously the first time I don't start two feet away when I bend down to look something will jump out at my face and attack me
ReplyDeleteHaha I love your house quirks. I can't leave my house through the back gate without getting out a light and checking. And I run FAST.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I've had cookie crisp cereal and I agree - it tastes more like corn bran in cookie form. Weird.
I have the same problem with running up the stairs. lol..... like a monster is going to grab my ankles and pull me down! =o ah.
ReplyDeleteYour comics are freaking adorable. ;) Just saying.. <3
I do the stair dash, too, ahaha. Also, I will not let any part of me dangle from my bed while I'm trying to sleep. Always terrified something will grab me :|
ReplyDeleteI'll be sleeping =]
ReplyDeleteOh, and I'm convinced that I'm scarier than anything that would want to try to snatch me, so I must be safe lol.
I do, however, have this thing where my back MUST be to a wall. I cannot have my back to an open room. Something can sneak up on me that way.
That is my only peeve.
Plus I have a mild case of non-diagnosed agorophobia lol... So that would explain a lot =]
xoxo
lol liu kang bicycle kicks are good for so many things. they should teach them in school.
ReplyDeleteI started using daily burn recently too! It really fucks with me that if I exercise they make me eat more. why?
ReplyDeleteHehe. My floor is always covered with clothes and other things so I have to leap into bed too. It's kind of fun. And yes clowns live in the basement. Tim Curry waits in the moist darkness. I loved that sketch. I remember all of that stuff happening in elementary school! Oh, nostalgia... Although I was always scared to be the person with dog-doo on my shoes. They never let you live that down.
Don't give up on that vintage dream yet. We may someday be hosting a little cocktail soiree studded with pearls and lipstick passive-aggression.
Love you!
I dislike basements, especially small ones or dark ones or at night or being alone in one. Basement stairs that have no backing (so that you can look through between stairs) are worse.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy your pictures you make for your blog! :)
lol i can relate, i'm still a little concerned about something grabbing me from under the bed or the couch. as well as flushing toilets and things stalking me down the hallway. we don't have basements, otherwise i doubt i would go down there very often.
ReplyDeletegood luck your intake darl, maybe add a little more every week?
x
Remember in the movie "Pet Sematary" when Gage reaches out from under the bed and slices Herman Munster's Achilles tendon with a scalpel? He's not really Herman Munster in the movie but it was the same actor... I digress. That is when the danger zone around the bed became a horrifying reality.
ReplyDeleteHow are you feeling physically with the medium calorie range?
kevin bacon is pure demon, considering his last name is bacon. WTF. hit me up on aim and ill show you my drawings fckyesterday
ReplyDeleteYour diagram seems to suggest there's NO Danger Zone on the other (long) side of the bed. If so, have you considered walking around the bed and getting onto it from that other, monster-free side?..
ReplyDeleteYay for the non-freakout-inducing bread! YAHOOOO!!!
ReplyDeleteLol, I have too much crap under my bed. That is where all my hoards go, in boxes. There has NEVER been enough room for monsters to get under my bed! Ink taught me to stand back, since he'd lurk just out of sight and shred my ankles ^.^; Maybe you could out the fuckers with boxes of MLP minions?
Would you mind if I printed out a copy of the Mordor Coffee picture for the lovely ladies who make the Coffee Worthy of Mordor? 0.0
I have a bud with draws underneath, there is no room for the monsters but who knows if monsters can shape shift, they could become an inch wide and fit...who knows. I also leap to stop them clawing at my ankles :S
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found a precarious balance between eating and not eating. xxx
I totally have the bed fear too, even though at 24 I KNOW there's nothing down there. At least I don't have to look under there anymore... I just trust that once I'm on the bed I will be safe. I was actually just talking to my husband about this two days ago, and he gave me the strangest look because he couldn't comprehend my logic.
ReplyDeleteNo fear of the basement though, since it is finished and actually feels safer than upstairs. There's no windows for scary clowns to get in down there, as opposed to upstairs where those darn clowns can enter at any convenient window they choose.
And turkey bacon is the best. Have you tried Turkey Hot Dogs - they are only 40 calories and .5 grams of fat each. Amazing :-)
I love the new vocabulary I'm learning from you- like feck and codswallop :D. I live in the basement, and when all the lights are out, I still think there's things going to get me! I had to take my bed down and set it on the floor- when people ask, I tell them I like it that way, but really, I still think there's things under my bed sometimes. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks there's something that will reach out and grab her feet as she's walking past the bed! :)
ReplyDeleteXO
lol love u somuch mich
ReplyDeletei hate basements as well they scare the fuck out of me an dihave to go down allthe down caue thats were my frozen veggies are kept ugh
I've been doing 500-800 calories lately, it's kinda like a safe zone, less feels better but is bad and more is just.. no.
ReplyDeleteSO SCARY, I KNOW! But you haven't seen the worst of the basements. I swear to god, there are basically stalactites forming from my ceiling down, not to mention we have this weird, freaky-ass safe that may or may not be hiding skeletons or something.
ReplyDeleteBedroom? I feel somewhat ashamed mid-sprint to the safe-zone, but as soon as I'm under those covers I don't give a shit. My sister could be judging beyond the wall that separates our rooms, but hell. I'm safe and she's in questionable territory. SAFETY!
xoxoxoxoxoxox
Victoria
I used to do that when I was back home run from scary places. I have the ability to sence a presence. So I definately know that there is no monster or scary things under my bed. I try to switch off this ability here but there are times something scary comes into the room. HATE IT.
ReplyDeleteWant me to come and clean your room. I grew up with a hoarder grandmother and now I am the throw away queen!!! :-)
When I was a little girl, way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, my idiot-brother used to hide under my bed right around bedtime. He'd grab at my ankles, snarling and growling. He actually pulled me over once. It scared the bejesus out of me! Since then, I walk around the bed with great trepidation and also get in with a bit of a jump! Bastard! I hope his balls drop off!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving the Spring-themed wallpaper, Love! <3. XXX.
this post FREAKED ME OUT.
ReplyDeleteI have NEVER. EVER. MET ANYONE THAT HAD THE SAME EXACT FEARS AS ME.
I was even diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder and psychosis because of the way I behaved about having to run and jump on my bed. Like I have to, because I seriously have the fear of a monster grabbing my feet. I also can't get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Can't. And I flinch everytime I open the trashcan, because I JUST KNOW that monsters are going to snatch me up and pull me into the garbage can with them. Mrs. Therapist said that it's a common psychotic fear. That + hallucinations = psychosis. And because I was seeing porchipines in my algebra class (plus some other strange things) meant that I had psychosis.
Loved this post though. I don't feel so alone anymore :D
1. Kevin Bacon.
ReplyDelete2. Liu FUCKING Kang.
3. smigarette.
3 reasons this may be my favorite post of yours *ever*. i'm a basement runner too! we should start a support group :)
Ok, Seriously, I still run and jump onto the bed (well until recently when our bed frame broke and now we're sleeping with mattresses on the floor, ghetto style). And I fucking BOOK IT up basement stairs, especially if they're made of wood (for some unknown reason) and even more so if they're the kind where you can see between the stairs. I don't want to see whatever the fuck is about to get me!!
ReplyDeleteHeehee I can sooooo identify with this. If the bedroom isn't flooded with light, i'm the same way. Ditto w basement. I'm fine in the daytime. I figure monsters can't take the light.
ReplyDeleteRight now my bed is surrounded by small piles. There's not even a hole for a monster arm to poke out.
I cannot sleep when a closet door is open. Just can't
ReplyDeleteI cannot not smile when I visit your blog. It's just an impossible thing.
ReplyDeleteYou're amazing.
i LOVE this! Your pictures are hilarious, just make me soooo happy!
ReplyDeletei remember my Grandma's house had a basement that just smelled...kind of old. And it was dark and had my Grandpa's office with some kind of deer or elk head on the wall...a fish too, i believe...and old dollies with scary eyes...and, worst of all...Donald Duck orange juice in the pantry! AHHHHHHHH! Oh, yes, i ran up those stairs....nothing scarier then the Duck on a juice can...unless it was Mickey.
xoxoxoxo tracy
Why does grad school have to cost so much?! I don't get it at all!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, enough ranting - your cartoons always make me smile my dear. Thanks for taking the time to entertain us! That calorie tracker sounds really helpful... even if you don't do it all the time, it's good to refresh and reassess how much you're taking in (even though you're a teeny weeny skinny minny Mich!
I like that you leave me sensible comments. They make me stop and think about why I'm so emotional about shit. lol
ReplyDeleteI used the yellow arrow to point to my bird chest so that people who don't know what I'm talking about will see that that little lump thingy isn't just a wrinkle in the shirt material or something. In real life, it actually makes it impossible to button some shirts all the way to the top, and sometimes deforms the shape of some dresses like chinese cheongsam. In fact, it was an asian girl who first pointed it out to me and told me that there was a name for it in her country that translated to 'bird chest'. lol
As for B...*sigh* unfortunately for me, he DOES know about women's clothing sizes because he's the one who designs his band's clothing merchandise. The girl clothes are picked out by him as are the designs printed on them. :/
I know he doesn't think I'm fat. He's told me so before. But I also know he doesn't think I'm skinny. And I want him to think I'm skinny. Which is my own hang-up, totally not his fault or concern. In my head, I won't *really* be skinny until he thinks I'm skinny. In my head, his opinion of skinny is kind of a yardstick I've been using to measure myself. Which is fucked up of me, and completely my own bullshit failstorm.
At any rate, I'm over being butthurt about the Medium thing. Yay, for maturity!
Also, in my head, the train fondling happens on a random trip to Rockaway beach where the Ramones can spy on the whole sordid affair. O_O
hahahaha!
My favorite binge food is Waffle Crisps rather than Cookie Crisps. They taste sweet like maple syrup, but they're crunchy- and vegan! (They're addictive though, so maybe I should not have brought them up at all.)
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should try sleeping on a mattress right on the floor like I do. There's less storage space, bt no monsters to worry about. ;)
Cheers! I'll print it out and tell them an awesome hot bitch in America made it ^.^
ReplyDeleteIndeed, this Entilodont isn't giving up just yet. Thank you for reminding me! I was listening to Limp Bizkit (ROFLMAO) and pictures a Hell Pig barreling along to the song 'Rollin'. Now THATS a scary image you've put in my head XD
You like MLPs, right? Do you like modified ones?
I'm exactly the same with the bed thing, wardobe doors must be closed and the duvet must cover the whole of me and then I'm safe haha. I also agree with Mona, everytime I read yours post you never fail to make me smile!
ReplyDeletelove,
-lottie ♥