That is how I sometimes feel about the other secretary in my office. N is a lovely woman. I enjoy her company (it's pretty much just the two of us in the office every day). I like chatting with her. I actually think she's my favourite out of all the other people with whom I've ever worked. But pretty much every day N comes back from her lunch break with a bag of fast food. I sit there on the other side of the room at my desk, trying to nibble on my lettuce and hummus, all the while smelling the intoxicating fumes from her Wendy's chicken sandwiches and fries.
So remember that psychotic My Little Pony post from a while back? If not, go now and familiarize yourself with my psychosis. On the same page now? Good.
Guess what.
....
....................
...............
...............
.................
...................
.....................
.............................
...................................
................................
.............................
.........................
....................
********
******
****
***
**
*
She is now Officially the most valuable pony in my collection. She arrived on Friday, all the way from Brazil.
Although at the same time I feel kind of deflated now. I've found my holy grail (well, Holy Grail #2--this was the first Holy Grail [the last one on the right, though she was not nearly as expensive]). Now I must find a new pony to hunt down and acquire. I'm thinking maybe Ice Crystal. Or Mint Dreams (last one in that list)--I've been looking for her for a while. There's a bunch I really want, but not so desperately that I will spend spend spend because if I get one pony, I'll get loads and be bankrupt in very little time. Perhaps instead I shall work on purchasing a nice curio cabinet for all the ponies. At the moment they're all stuffed into boxes under my bed.
Went to see my niece in a fashion show Friday night--some kind of brownies/girl scouts fundraiser. It was cute, if not a little frightening to be surrounded by that much estrogen (very very few men or boys in the room...). The worst part was the snack table.
I couldn't get a better photo without looking like a freak, but HOLY CRAP there were so many delicious goodies!! And of course we were sat at the table right next to it.
But I did not touch a single thing on that snack table. Not one bite. Which left me at 180 cals for the whole day. I couldn't have any more because I didn't get to work out.
And I was like oh crap--what do I do? I had no emergency food in my bedroom, which was obviously the thing that would save me. All I had was the last dregs of a bottle of Wawa diet lemon iced tea and some beef jerky. So I crawled into the loo with both of those and sat down on the toilet, head between my knees because I think I remember someone telling me to that once before, trying to take deep breaths. It wasn't working. I haven't been that freaked out in a while.
Eventually, I managed to get downstairs. I had to be super stealth, because it was essential that Mum not see me in that state. I managed to eat an ice cream sandwich and some honey nut cheerios and felt better.
And did any of this deter me from my starvation? Not a chance. Now you skeptics try and tell me I don't have something wrong with my head.
Sorry I suck at commenting. I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off because I overbook myself. I'll get around to everyone's blogs tonight--I promise! Hope you're all having a good weekend. Stay conscious, my loves. <3



WAWAAAAA = AHHHH <3
ReplyDeleteYou're my hero for staying away from that snack table. So. Fucking. Strong.
xo
Victoria
BAHA - oh that commercial is too funny!
ReplyDeleteI'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU & NON-BEDDY-EYE LOFTY!!
*side note; i'm one of those crazy people who collect tiny spoons. (technically i stopped a few years ago, but when ever people go on vacation they bring me back one & i can't make them stop. ><)(i've unsuccessfully been trying to pass them off to my little sister.) you make me want to go back to collecting MLP.
you didn't touch a single thing on that entire table; you are so incredibly strong.
oh i'm so glad you're feeling better. nice stealth work. (;
staystrong, page.
I'm so thrilled that you got yourself that little pony! You deseve it!
ReplyDeleteI'm trying desperately to get this one, but I think our toy stores just didn't order it.
http://www.yogee.com.au/cache_images/93812_Toola_Roola_A_resized_0_0__90_1_.jpg
I like the young ponies, because they have silly faces, clumpy feet and tattoos all on the one side. I particularly like this one, because she is an artist, like me! I also love her colours. Oh well, one day!
I'm very proud of you for resisting the baked goods, but sorry to hear you had an episode. I hope you're feeling OK now.
If you didn't have something wrong with your head, I probably wouldn't love you as much as I do! <3. XXX.
I must admit I never owned a my little pony. Even when there were the Happy Meal versions at McDonalds I defiantly told the server that I was a boy so I could get some other hunk of plastic made by some underpaid chinese worker. But nevertheless I am glad you have found (a) Holy Grail even if you must now find another totem for your desire (take totem here in the non-academic sense I do not mean you have a MLP fetish or that they relate to sexual desire o.O!)
ReplyDeletex
ha i love my lil pony
ReplyDeleteand yay for no snack table it looked scary
i hate those scary moments i usually just lay in my bed and pass out fo ri dont fall on something hard
I need something to collect like you collect the "My Little Pony's!" Nice job with staying away from all those really nice looking snacks! The first thing my eyes went to was the cookies-and 180 calories for the entire days is amazing! Getting dizzy and things going dark like that would freak me out so much- hope you're feeling better now!
ReplyDelete♥
i think i still have my little pony's in my room somewhere. i loved them!
ReplyDeleteYou were so strong to stay away from the snack table. I wish I could be as strong as you are.
ReplyDeleteThere is 70 people in my working place and I quit eating with other people. I just hate it. I dont eat lunch at work anymore. I hate it when people comment if I eat or what I eat.
Seriously, buffets/snack tables are the worst for me. If I take something I want everything and it just gets nuts. Way to go.
ReplyDeleteAwww I've never had a My Little Pony, but that is so cute :)
ReplyDeleteHeck, i love the dizzy feeling, but I've never had it that bad :O it sounds really scary!
Well done for staying away from the snack table, they are my biggest weakness. Wow, you must be so strong willed! Xx
glad you're ok...that's SO COOL you collect my little pony! i collect sailor moon dolls...all boxed up as well haha. how easy it is to spend all your money on things like that...loved that photo of you btw! rock on have a good week haha.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on acquiring the elusive non beddy eye baby lofty! From that picture, it looks like it was worth it lol.
ReplyDeleteI hate that dizzy, vision-going, near collapse feeling, it's so scary. Way to get through it though.
my little ponies are so creepy. hahaha. I had a couple as a little girl, gifts from other people, but they weirded me out. the eyes and their strange...girl qualities...gave me the heebs. haha
ReplyDeletebut yay for you! getting something you've been questing for is always nice. haha
I love that Quiznos commercial! Yeah, smelling people's delicious mouthwatering food pisses me off too. Damn them and that gastronomical joy, Damn them all to hell. That pony {and also the picture of you with the pony} is absolutely adorable! I now have to resist he urge to buy the candy cane lane ponies. All of them are so cute!
ReplyDeleteGood job avoiding all of the desserts. I was was watching the movie "Blue Velvet" the other night I was thinking 'I bet Mich would love this movie.' Have you seen it? Also, I love A Perfect Circle, I'm not sure if that is the version of the song your blog title refers too but it's an awesome version.
Love!
Oh! P.s. What's your favorite My little pony?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got your little pony!
ReplyDeleteIt's scary when you feel your body fighting back. I really hope you're okay. Just try and not over excert yourself for a while? Take it a little easy, your intakes are always low so just be careful.
ah, you always put a smile on my face <3
ReplyDeleteand your right geeks are way better. There's actually a book called Geek Love thats about how a man marries a carnival geek and they have lovely deformed circus babies!
I LOVE My little pony. LOVELOVELOVE. Have you watched the animated series? it's actually really good, I highly recommend it! :)
ReplyDeleteI need to find something to collect myself... It would be a good distraction indeed!
That commercial is awesome. Thanks for reminding me of it's existence. And as for that fat woman who eats fast food every lunch, try to look at her as reverse thinspo, looking at that horrible processed food as total shit that you're better than eating. ;)
Hehe... you're so cute.
ReplyDeleteLove the A Perfect Circle reference!
I've never had that happen to me before... I'm sure it was way scary.
ReplyDeleteWe're all fucked in the head, just a little.
So even if there is something wrong with your head, I'm sure there's someone on here *ahem... ME* who's at least AS insane as you are... or maybe more...
lol
You're doing great, hun.
Your commenting is fine lol
xoxo
Thank you for everything. Your comments keep me going<3
ReplyDeletehaha.. does everyone have someone in their office like that? The lady that sits right near me is super huge and always does this, first she eats a HUGE salad or something healthy looking, then she eats cake or makes raman or something >.>
ReplyDeleteWoooot! So cute pony!
I like the Ice Crystal one
I've been tempted to start a tiny spoon & fork collection for awhile..
My grandma had one and even as a little girl I loved cutting tiny meals into tiny bites with the tiny silverware...
I think everyone has someone like that lady in their life... I do. Except she packs a huge lunch and then buys ice cream... its pretty disgusting.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on not eating anything from that snack table! I probably would've eaten everything on it... and then the table.
That pony is well deserved!!
ALL of my co-workers eat fast food, except one older lady who brings her own lunch. I come into work and the trash is full of Mcdonalds, Arbys, and Taco Bell usually. It pisses me off.
ReplyDeleteI had an incident like that a little over a week ago. Felt exactly like that. It was scary as hell, I actually did pass out though:/ I thought I was just going to see black dots and it be okay (that's usually what happens) but when it goes completely dark and doesn't go back then you begin to panic a little bit:s.. glad you made it to the kitchen unnoticed!
Oh & go you for staying away from that snack table:D I hate how EVERY gathering has to have food involved.
The picture of you and your pony is priceless...just priceless! You are soooo cute!
ReplyDeletei need a Pretty Pony...and not the cheapo ones that Mc D's was giving out and i actually bought...one.
Orange Brownies? They sound amazing! You are amazing for resisting all those goodies! However, please be careful...no more passing out Mich, okay?
xoxoxo, tracy
Ha, ha...i was the only one who commented on the Pony post???? And mostly to thank you for commenting on my Frank post....?
ReplyDeletePonies forever! If i had the time,(and $$$$) i would find me a Pretty Pony TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm pretty sure I still have all of my my little ponies, and because I was an obessive child, I'm sure they are still in fantastic condition. I should hunt them out, though thinking about it, they are probably at my mothers house. As my Dad has my hundreds of Barbies (my parents bribed me with barbies to be good when we did errands, if I was good all day I got a Barbie, I was always good. At 6 I had over 200, we stopped counting then).
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks for the encouraging words. It's so hard to relearn something that should be so simple, straight forward and natural...and yet, I think I can do it on my own. lol
ReplyDeleteAs for Schrodinger's cat, don't feel bad if it doesn't make sense to you. It's meant to be absurd. The article doesn't explain that the radioactive particle responsible for setting off the death mechanism would do so upon reaching its own half-life: meaning the particle itself would be both half alive and half dead. If the particle is dead, it triggers the shattering of the flask with the poison...but if the particle is still undecayed, the flask would be unbroken. At half-life, both the cat and the particle would be in suspended superpositioned states of life and death.
But which one is the *real* one? The observer opens the box and sees the cat either alive or dead but not both coz reality doesn't work that way.
The paradox is meant to show the flaws in an argument about simultaneity in quantum physics, but also works to show how there are paradoxes that are completely unsolvable because they hinge on circumstances that can never perfectly come into alignment.
Hahaha...that was super nerdy and prolly doesn't help you understand it any better, huh?
can I just say I love the pic of you and pony. The brownies look like salmon. Love ya mich, have a good day!
ReplyDeleteOh that sounds so scary ): Babe I really hope it doesn't happen again!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I love your ponies :D <3
BLOODY BUGGERY
ReplyDeleteI wrote this biiiiig comment to this the other day and I guess I never properly posted it and it's not here. dammit. Or maybe you unapproved it cuz it was hijaking. sorry. I REALLY doubt that though cuz you're my pal..... sooooo..... I'mma try to rewrite it...
Kay, so anyway I love the my little pony's you showed. I didn't know they were a big deal collector thing, and I've never seen those super pretty ones. Just lame-o ones for $5 at the store. But I guess anything can be a collector item.
Lately, I collect teeth. The tooth fairy (me) comes to my house these days as I have an 8 year old. What exactly does the tooth fairy do with the teeth? I just have to save them because I have an issue throwing that out in the trash. So I keep them in a hidden place in my jewelry box. So there's those teeth. THEN I also have some more teeth. And this is gross. My mom had a sewing machine/desk/workbench thing next to her (death) bed. She had major anxiety about her teeth for years and years. Hadn't been to the dentist in at least 20 years. When she passed away, I got the sewing machine. Inside the compartment, I found a ziploc baggie with her teeth in it. 3 of them. She lay in agony alone pulling her teeth out?? My poor crazy mom.
Tooth-Collector.