I failed on day 2 of SGD. Was up to 600 by the end of the day (should have been 300), and that's not counting the steamed veggies I had for dinner. Little Sis, being bored and shut in on her snow day because FOR SOME BLOODY REASON the town does not feel that it is necessary to salt or plow my street.... What was I saying? Oh yes... Little Sis made cookies from scratch, with M&M's instead of chocolate chips. I had three and half. It is currently taking every last ounce of my willpower not to run downstairs and eat the rest.
But I did finally make it out to the gym. I needed it after a full day home with just Mum and Little Sis, much of that time spent without electricity.
Yikes.
A couple more of you gorgeous girls have nominated me for the Honest Scrap award again. So instead of providing 10+ more facts, I am going to provide you with the most honest and uncensored look into a woman's psyche that you can possibly get.
I am going to show you what's in my purse. Everything. I just cleaned it out. And I've numbered everything so I can explain myself.
1. Scrunchies. You never know.
2. Spare roll of film. My 35mm camera is almost always with me. Just in case.
3. Emergency Splenda
4. Lucky poker chip. I don't even remember where it came from, but I've had it for years, always ritualistically putting it in the bottom of my purse before anything else goes in.
5. The stuff that was floating around at the bottom: the lock and spare key for my gym locker, 2 hair clips, and a heart necklace.
6. All 3 flavours of that Dessert Delight gum.
7. Tissues. I go though so many tissues in a day, it's frightening. This is why you might want to think twice before regularly putting drugs up your nose.
8. Lotion, for my hands because they're so dry that the skin is constantly cracking and bleeding.
9. Lipstick and lip gloss. I like to have a decent selection of colours.
10. Wipes to take the oil off my face without damaging my makeup.
11. An Alethiometer. I never leave the house without it.
12. Bottle opener I got one year in a Christmas cracker. It opens beer bottles, and there's a corkscrew that comes out for wine bottles.
13. Minty gum, and receipts for the rolls of film I need to pick up.
14. Notepad, in case I think of an idea when I don't have my second purse (the bag with the notebooks for the books I'm currently working on), and the list of Words I Like A Lot.
15. Pens. I need a lot in case one or all of them malfunction/run out of ink/vanish.
16. I have prescriptions for those.
17. Matches. You should always have a way to make fire.
18. Tootsie Pops (emergency food).
19. Vaseline, because I despise chap stick.
20. Hematite Rosary beads, and a seeing stone (obsidian). I must have those with me at all times.
21. First aid kit containing wipes, band aids, more ink (for the fountain pen), and Neosporin; and the emergency sewing kit.
22. My wallet.
23. More lotion.
24. Ciggies.
25. Burt's Bees Rescue Ointment. That stuff is friggin awesome.
26. Lighters.
27. Hairbrush.
28. Spare car key, because I am constantly locking my keys in my car. Mum keeps the third spare key.
29. Face powder.
30. Mirror.
31. Anti-bacterial stuff.
32. Phone.
33. Supply of tea: one bag contains only Lyons or Barry's (proper tea), one has green tea and spiced Indian stuff, and the third has those Celestial Seasonings teas that taste like cookies.
34. USB storage thingy. It contains all of my writing that has made it through the first stage of editing (meaning transferred from the notebooks to the computer--I never NEVER type first because computers are evil; if you read the last post then you understand. :D).
35. Visine. You know why.
36. Cleaning cloth for the glasses I never wear. They make everything HD. I'm much happier with life a bit blurry around the edges.
37. The old receipts I cleaned out of my purse. There's always at least 4.
There's usually a hunting knife in there as well, but it's being cleaned and sharpened and I forgot to put it back. There's also the pocket knife with like 100 different uses (screwdriver, toothpick, knife, scissors, bottle opener, nail file, LED light, etc., but that fell out in the car and I have yet to retrieve it from under the seat.
Proof that my hoarding has extended far beyond my bedroom.
What's in your purses? I know I'm not the only wacko that carries crazy stuff around all the time...

hmm.. this makes me kinda want to dissect my purse.. mind if I copy? Also, on 36, I totally get that, I rarely wear my contacts/glasses, I discovered seeing lights at night is a lot prettier without them, my eyes turn lights more than six feet away into stars.. it's awesome.
ReplyDeleteDoes you alethiometer work? Are you able to use it without the requisite instructional period? ;)
ReplyDeleteJust a tip: don't store teabags in plastic, it absorbs the flavor. I use a stainless steel cigarette case to hold teabags since my flirtation with smoking preferred accessories to the act.
Don't worry about the diet, a new day comes and everything is well again. I know you've heard that before, but it's true.
ReplyDeleteYour purse must be huge! xD
It's interesting that you keep tea bags in there too, I've never seen anyone do that. ^-^
Be well.
Ooo I've never seen vaseline in a tin before.
ReplyDeleteHow weird is it that I'm staring at the makeup items trying to guess the brands? I seriously need to get a life, or at least a hobby :)
And how wrong that I'm thinking of giving you another Honest Scrap award just to see what you'll do next? Bad Honor! Continue with plan to award those who have not gotten it yet!
Heart necklace? What what? What's it look like? Like the ones that me and baby sis got? And I think a few other Tarot card recipients mentioned something like that too?
Cuz you *know* I'm thinking it's like the ana version of First Wives' Club or something...
Bound together forever in eating issues, friendship and JEWELRY! :D
ETA: not meaning to put pressure on dear lil Mich. Just saw how my necklace matched the pic baby sis posted on her blog and my brain went to the movie First Wives' Club. I thought it was funny. :)
Holy crap sauce! I can't believe you had all that in your Vera Bradley birthday bag. It's like something outta Harry Potter! Well done!
ReplyDeleteI love that you smoke Irish cigarettes and that you also call it Vaseline, not Petroleum Jelly. I also have sanitary wipes and a pocket knife. Very handy!
Love the Alethiomete, so jealous!<3. XXX.
Wow you can carry some stuff around! My purse has a notebook, a pencil, listerine strips and a coupon to the resturant I work at. Not nearly as intriging
ReplyDeleteThat was a really good idea :) I love it. x
ReplyDeleteI love how simulair the contents of our handbags are. Well purses. I find it so funny how you guys call them purses, because for us purses are our wallets. I smoke the same ciggies as you too!
ReplyDeleteI'm curious to know what an Alethimete is too?
I hope the diet goes better soon, 600 still isn't bad at all!
love,
-lottie ♥
Yet another bad ass post!! Such a cool concept. I looove the key lime pie gum :)
ReplyDeletewowi cant even imagine what is in my purse right now
ReplyDeleteHaha damn! You're prepared. Hmm.. this makes me second-guess my 'pack light' state of mind.
ReplyDeletexo
Victoria
Wow!
ReplyDeleteMy purse=dullest in the Universe. Wallet, book, comb, compact, several pens (including a Surgeon's Surgery pen i stole...heh), Chapstick, blah, blah...boring! You inspire me to spice it up, at least a bit!
Much Love,
tracy
OH! (Duh). Cell phone, gum.....
ReplyDeleteyou forgot the kitchen sick, silly. i must say Jesus Christ girl, that's a lot of shit! i hope you have decent sections in your purse otherwise you'd definitely have a hell of a time trying to actually find something.
ReplyDeletein my purse? lol wallet, gum, phone, cigs, sunglasses (if i'm not wearing them of course) lighter, car keys, chapstick, antipersperant, perfume, old reciepts and shopping lists, cig papers and filters. oh and lots of loose tabacco crumbs, gross
I love that you use 35 mm film! I do too. I feel like it's a dying art form but it's so so much better than digital. You just need to put so much more effort into using film. Just another reason you rock :]
ReplyDeleteYour purse contents are freaking awesome! I looked in mine after reading your post and decided that I'm hella boring.
ReplyDeleteMine contains: wallet (with Black Swan ticket stub), cigs, day planner, keys with mace, gum, hand lotion, a green tea bag, hand sanitizer, an emery board, 7 lip glosses, lighter, pair of scissors and a bunch of gum wrappers. Lol
I defy Stephen Hawking to explain the physics of a purse. They are like black holes with zippered pockets (more black holes!) and adjustable straps. Is this what Brian Greene meant when he was talking about the Fabric of the Cosmos?
ReplyDeleteQ: How much does it take you to find your keys??
ReplyDeleteI got the cards yesterday in the mail...sometimes I have a renewed faith in the international postal system. I got the necklace too! it really shone a nicer light on the useless day I was having...and it got me thinking that there are times when being a little f*cked up in the head isn't so bad after all...along the way you might find some really cool people.
Luv+hugz
and i thought that my bag was full!
ReplyDeletedon't worry dear, tomorrow is a brand new day to start afresh
Well, because my purse has a tendancy to collect things and keep them, I have demoted myself to a clutch only large enough to hold my debit card and license. I still manage to collect weeks worth of receipts in that stupid little thing, but at least it's minus all the other stupid crap. And me, being a frequent barn-girl, and more horse, being nosey and liking to get into everything, I used to find things like peppermint wrappers, hay, dirt, horse hair, electrical tape pieces, and chewed up bits of carrot in my purse.... yeah-- it was time to quit the whole purse thing!
ReplyDeleteI freaking love this! My purse is so boring compared to yours :)
ReplyDeleteat first I was going to call you crazy and wonder why you're back doesn't hurt...but then I looked in my purse and I have a screwdriver with removal tips with 27 different tips that can go on it...soo...I guess your purse isn't too weird. <3
ReplyDeleteThis post is amazing. I LOVE the fact that you have an alethiometer in your bag!
ReplyDelete(also I'm quite enjoying the title - currently partway through reading Fellowship of the Ring)
And also I appreciated the mention the other day.... I'm sorry I've been the worst blogger in the world ever, silly exams have been getting in the way. And now I'm a bit worried that I'm gonna have to come up with the most awesome post ever to make up for the delay....
Damn you have a lot of shit in your purse! I tend to have a backpack wherever I go :x I'll empty it out next week and see what lurks within it's seamy depths. . .
ReplyDeleteUgh, I want with NZ Woman's Weekly. It was the best of a bad bunch, coz they DO have good recipes that don't cost the earth! I don't actually watch TV, my idiot box is more of an adornment and dust catcher than a useful piece of electronics. Maybe I should ditch it?
Have you seen they Prehistoric Predators series? I'm watching it on YouTube. So in love with the Hell Pig, I swear thats what I look like on the inside!
Have an awesome Friday and weekend Mich! <3
I reckon you're the hilarious-est person I know. I almost had an accident reading this post.
ReplyDeleteWhat? How big is that purse? And how long does it take to dig out the Splenda in a restaurant that doesn't have any? wow.
ReplyDeleteI always envy people like you who has tons of things in her handbag. Mine is nothing in it. Seeing that I have been on sick leave for 5 months now. When I am at work I only have my cellphone, workcard, wallet and car keys. That's it. Boring me......
ReplyDeletei'm sorry! my computer has been shitting me off all day and it wouldn't let me edit the post so i chucked a sad a deleted it. thank you so much for the tarot cards and necklace, truley made my day :). i love your stationary and handwriting btw
ReplyDeletex
WHERE DID YOU FIND AN ALETHOMETER!?! I love that book, I was obsessed with it around the time the movie came out. I read books one and two before the movie came out, it was my greatest achievement back then.
ReplyDeleteOMG YES YES YES WRITE IIIIIIT!!
ReplyDeleteThat would make an amazing picture book. Truly epic. A picture book for slightly twisted grown ups? What kind/colour/element is your internal DragonMiche? I have an urge to draw!
Your purse is out of control :-P I can't imagine lugging all of the stuff around! I only carry a purse to mainly carry my water bottle, otherwise I'd be a wristlet-only girl :)
ReplyDeleteStay dry and warm today!
I tried the SGD a couple of weeks ago, didn't even get passed day one so don't feel bad...I mean how can you say no to freshly baked cookies?!?
ReplyDeleteYour purse is amazing! random, but interesting:) I don't even know what's in mine, I clean it out about once a month, it's about that time to clean it..I have a collection of trash/empty cig boxes, pills, finger nail polish, chap stick, lots of pens (you really can't ever have too many:p), and an assortment of random things.
What kind of photo editor do you use?