Saturday, November 13, 2010

The guy next door just sneezed and it was REALLY loud. Why do men have such ridiculous sneezes?

He's still going..... 5 sneezes total. 
...6
7.
8.
9.
...
I think he's done.


Last night was like the most boring night out ever.


Paul #2 (mentioned in a previous post) invited me over, using the words "party" and "beer." So I wandered on over to his place at like 9 expecting a good time. 


There were 4 of us. A few more wandered in and out throughout the night, including his friend-and-now-new-roommate who is kinda creepy and keeps trying to get my number. The drunker friend-roommate got, the more insistent he became that I hang out with him. So I crawled into a dark corner of the living around 3.30 am and passed out on the couch under 5 blankets, then booked at 7.58 this morning. 


Good times.


Back down to 97 pounds. Not only did I NOT binge last night (I suck at Fridays), I also stayed under 1000 (new weekend limit is 1200). Word. Today the limit is 1200 IF I exercise. And I might treat myself to a fluffernutter--I can make it 180 calories and still a pretty decent size. :D


Here's a cute photo of my cat:


So sugar snap peas are pretty yummy. I forgot about them until I was in A&P yesterday and grabbed a bag. Only 14 cals per 10 pea pods! I just mix 'em up with some sea salt and eat them right out of the bag.
And the A&P must have restocked its supply of Cup-a-Soup because I got a bunch of new flavours. 
Speaking of soup, here is the pumpkin soup recipe I may or may not have mentioned a while ago. It is quite possibly the easiest recipe ever. 


You will need:
- 2 cups pumpkin (the canned kind is good) (160 cals)
-1/4 tsp nutmeg
- a pinch of clove (and when I say pinch, I mean take a pinch of ground clove and then take a much smaller pinch from that)
- 3 cups broth (45 cals)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp white cooking wine (10 cals)
- 1/2 cup fat free half & half (40 cals)


To make it:
If you have a blender--saute 1/3 cup of minced onions in either the cooking wine or butter, and then move on to the pumpkin. You'll need to stick the whole batch of soup in the blender at the end, BEFORE adding the half & half just so there's no lumps of onions. My blender decided to pack it in after 8 years of loyal service, so I just skipped the onions. 
Heat the cooking wine in a medium-large saucepan. If you don't have wine, you can use butter instead (like 1/2 tbsp of the whipped kind--35 cals). The wine is nice because it's lower calories and it brings out all the flavours. Once the wine is heated a bit, put the 2 cups of pumpkin into the pan and stir it constantly for about 5-10 minutes. Add the nutmeg and cloves.
After 5 or 10 minutes, add the broth and keep stirring, bringing it to a boil. Once it starts bubbling, reduce the heat to a simmer. Keep it on a simmer, stirring a lot, for another 5 or 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then add the half and half (to make the recipe vegan, just skip the half & half). Heat another minute or so, stirring to make sure the half & half gets blended in nicely. Then serve it. Your entire pot of soup is 255 calories without the onions (~275 with onions, and 310 if you use onions and butter instead of wine). And it's a lot of mf soup.
You'll probably need 2 cans of pumpkin and 3 cans of broth, and you'll end up with a little of each left over. I ended up having the perfect amount of both left over to make a smaller batch of the soup a few days later, which was awesome. 

20 comments:

  1. I love your recipes :D I made the Halloween biscuits they were goooood. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. KITTY!!!! SO ADORABLE!

    haha that soup is soooo delicious.
    and I have no freakin idea why men sneeze so damn much!!

    Sorry your "party" was so boring :/
    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soup sounds delicious, i will make it. Thanks so much for the recepie! Darling kitty.
    Ha, i am always a party of one...at home. With the "Gilmore Girls"....or some other tv show dvd. Pathetic.

    <3, tracy

    PS Do you know the site "Morbid Anatomy"? Excellent! When i read on there that the Mutter, in PA, was having a Dio De Muertos Party, i was soooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the two food recs. i might try sugar snap peas. ive had them before and loved them. (: congrats on the non binge!

    stay lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cat is the cutest ball of fur ever ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHH so jealous of your cup of soup options. i went shopping last night and got hearty chicken noodle, reg chicken noodle, and then the like packets that serve four.. i got onion and something else.. haha. but still wish i could find the veggie!! :p <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cat is soooooooooooo cute ^^ Well done for 97! :) Be happy :D I love your recipes, everything is yummy :) come cook for me someday?? XD xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg ur cat is so adorable
    im jeaslou so ur weight loss lucky
    yay new recipe im not a big pumpkin fan though

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally sneeze like a man. For real, a freakin' trucker or something.

    I love sugar snaps, but I've never thought to eat them raw. Silly me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahah have you ever heard of the legend that if you sneeze more than 8 times in a row or something like that, it's equivalent to an orgasm? Every time I hear someone sneeze a bunch of times in a row, I always think about that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha next-door sneezer :) and ur cat is the most adorable thing ever. congrats on being at 97lbs! you must be so tiny! i'm so jealous how you can be eating 1000cals a day and still be that little!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. lolololololololololololol creepy drunk men FTW! lols :P
    hey, so much on trying to kick drinkin ;)
    lols
    im lovin ur recipes! i really do wanna try them but im not allowed to cook in my house... fire hazard my parents say... :P

    im so jealous of ur number! but ill admit it gives me drive to get there quick so i can join u in the double digits!

    ur amazing btw :)
    -happiness <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my housemates has what I call an 'angry -sneeze'! It's a noisy sneeze followed by a rant of angry swearing and profanity! He hates sneezing for some odd reason!

    Pretty kitty! Give the furry critterbug a kiss from me. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's one of life's mysteries, really: why DO men sneeze so loud?? And blow their noses loud? How do they even DO that??
    Because I am bored of packing and procrastinating, I clicked on your "Bored? Check this out. These people are NUTS" link, and I'm so glad I did, because I just started re-reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone but now, thanks to those people, I shall stop and therefore be saved from reading a potentially threatening book that would surely lead me down the dark dark path to Satanism.
    I mean...I came THIS close to losing my soul...apparently.
    :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg I hate passing out at people's houses, sleeping on the couch, ect. Always happens when I go to a friends to drink & don't want to drink & drive. I can never sleep well.

    Upping your calorie intake on the weekends is a good idea, I'm definitely going to give it a try so I can avoid anymore horrid binges!

    PS: Your cat is freaking adorable!! I wish I could get a cat, but my sister refuses to live with another one lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha awww, your cat is so cute! that stinks that the "party" wasn't fun :/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to have a textiles teacher. She'd honestly sneeze about thirty times in a row.. and then usually tell us about how when she gets out of the shower she lifts her leg up on the bathroom counter to dry herself..
    I think she might have been a bit strange when I think back to it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. 9 times he sneezed? I suggest putting your hand through the wall and hitting him haha. He seems pretty sneeze happy :P

    I want that kitty!!
    And I love your recipes! I'd love to cook more but me and my kitchen rarely see each other. I should try more...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Epic post!
    Also, I bought that book you recommended in your last post. Had to buy it online cos they don't sell it in Australia. Can't wait till it comes!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Me again!

    I know how much you love nature shots. Check out this great pic my housemate took down the street. http://grantthegeek.blogspot.com/ It looks very mystical!

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.