But if you have a soul mate, then odds are you also have the opposite: an Arch Nemesis. Someone who is perfect for you in that you would have a completely irrational, unconditional hatred of each other. You would want to spend the rest of your life with your soul mate, and you would thus want to devote your life to destroying your nemesis.
When I was eight or nine years old, Mum made a new friend at work. New Friend happened to be the single parent of a boy my age, named Gabriel. Obviously, it made sense for Mum and New Friend to hang out on the weekend, so they could have girl bonding time while their kids played together.
So one Saturday, New Friend came over, and I met Gabriel.
10 minutes later:
There aren't words for the hatred that I felt. I think the first fight started because we were playing Wolfenstein on the computer Mum stole from her office (Windows 3.0!!!). I did not agree with Gabriel's game tactics. One shove led to us on the floor kicking, screaming, punching, biting, and basically behaving like rabid hyenas until Mum and New Friend came running and pulled us apart.
Later, we had another epic fight over who got to eat the leftover spring roll from dinner. I pushed him down the stairs for calling me a midget sissy girl. He wailed me in the head with my remote control car for calling him stupid. I locked him in the bathroom (the scary one downstairs with the weird vent in the ceiling--the vent that screamed when you turned the light on). He pushed me into the pool and attempted to hold my head under the water.
My memories of that first day are not as good as Mum's. She said she was scared. She had never seen children behave in that way. New Friend and Gabriel only came over a few more times after that. I guess they kept trying because they thought that if we got used to each other, we could learn to get along.
Lol.
So there was a point to all of that--Mum and I were reminiscing yesterday, which is what made me think of Gabriel. I asked her what his last name was.
I found him on Facebook.
What should I do? I've never had such a deep hatred for anyone else in my life. I don't hate him anymore, since that was like 17 years ago, but I am curious to know what he's like now. What would you gals do? I want to message him with a "do you remember me?" sort of thing, but is that creepy? Or weird? Or stalkerish? I just don't know.
Some replies to your wonderful comments:
Amy, Leto, Xo-Glass-Slippers-oX, All.That.Wander.Are.Not.Lost, and Olivia, thanks for the good luck wishes on the job!
Hi to Nessa, and other new followers!
Lol Starving Artist--my laundry used to sprawl all over the room as well. There were different piles for clean and dirty. Mum got fed up looking at it though. Can't say I blame her... :D
Not.quite.ana, is that Halloween store open all year? And yeah we have a great supermarket selection around here. There's over 20 supermarkets within 15 minutes of my house, so that probably contributes to it...
Cinnamon Brown, I would LOVE an Ndebele doll!!
MLS, I have a hard time doing tarot readings for myself, too. I always get mostly swords, which means I overthink things. :/
Ariana, I actually do torture Mum with Satanic randomness. :D I'm surprised she hasn't had me committed and/or exorcised. I'm constantly telling her to TRUST IN SATAN!!! and whenever I use her shower I write HAIL SATAN on the mirror when it's all steamed up. And of course I don't mind you copying my decor--I'm flattered!
bonesarepure, what are the other vitamin water zero flavours like? I love the go-go one, but the only other one I tried was like the grape one and it tasted like cough medicine, so I'm scared to try any of the others...
<3 you, Mona!!!!
Madison, that stinks about not finding stuff in your grocery stores. I try to find things that should be available everywhere so you guys can all find it, but it's tough. :( What country are you in? I shall try to find stuff that you can get there!
Jenn, I love those names!! Even Starhopper...
Elk, yeah I got Stelmaria from Phil Pullman's books... And I want goblin meat!!! We can get the English and Irish stuff in a nearby supermarket so imma see if they have it. If not, relatives shall have to smuggle it over with my ham, bacon, Silk Cut, tea, and Bisto.
Tracy, I actually made myself a mini fluffernutter today, only 100 calories! One slice low fat bread (45), 1/2 tbsp low fat peanut butter (45), and 1/2 tbsp Fluff (10). Yummy!!
Ophelia, thanks for the lovely comment!!
I'm going to try and go comment on some of your blogs now, girlies. Sorry if I'm missing some--I haven't had much Blogger time these last couple days, but I'm always reading your blogs on my phone! I found an app with a blog feed or something, but I can't comment from my phone. >_<
<3


BAWAHAHAHAHAHA
ReplyDeletethose pictures are SO FUNNY! It would be TOO Juicy if he were sexy and rad and funny. I bet he's a dork and that's a bummer. But you SHOULD totally say hi, I would. If he's nice, send him that funny ass picture.
I'm curious too, so I hope you do it.
Hearts!
you are quite the impressive artist! you should totally message him, you can just say something like "hey i don't know if you remember me but we used to ...play... together when we were younger" hahaha. and yes it's open all year round :) looking forward to more posts from you <33
ReplyDeleteI think you should say hi! I wonder if he remembers the whole incidents that occured :P Should be funny. I love your drawings, they're amazing! So funny I just couldn't hold in my laughter XD
ReplyDeleteOh that is quite funny! You should message him for sure, make it something creepy! I love your drawings!
ReplyDeletelove,
-lottie ♥
Hahaha:) That's really cute... you should definitely add him:)
ReplyDeletesweet pictures. add him for sure! the worst he can do is reject the friend request which will just give you a reason to hate him again :)
ReplyDeleteSay 'Hi', you're both mature adults now, if he behaves like an idiot, then you're the adult and it's his loss! Great drawings, BTW. Very South Park! X.
ReplyDeleteI vote say hi too and see what his memory was like. It would be great to have a laugh together now. I had a cousin too that we end up fighting everytime we meet. I dont hate her but the memories of us pulling the other's hair are still stuck in my head :-)
ReplyDeleteI would write to him and be like "remember when you almost drown me in the pool?"
ReplyDeletemaybe he will turn out to be super hot and inteligent guy now ^^
I have a simmilar problem... the first guy that I ever went out with...now that I am back in town after 6 years I am kinda curious what is going on with him...he was my first kiss and than we kinda dropped contact...I dont know if should message him or not...
Hahaha Babe your drawings bring me so much laughter! love it!
ReplyDeleteYou should add him and chat it'd be fun :)
I don't believe in the idea that there is only one perfect soul mate, but I believe everyone has one somewhere :) love u and missed u!
I would totally write to him! But only because it's over the internet where if things went wrong I could just block and not have to deal xD
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure I'm too passive to ever have a real nemesis xD I'd just avoid them and nothing would ever happen.
This post made me smile :)
Wow, you were such a loving, kind little girl weren't you? Haha, I could picture all of that stuff happening and I have to say, that's prety hilarious! I doubt anyone ever messed with you much growing up! I'd probably send him a message and be like, "Hey, I was thinking about my younger years and I remembered you! I used to beat the crap out of you! How ya been all these years?" Or something along those lines...
ReplyDeleteThe "hail satan" thing made me laugh! Reminds me of all the "hile hitler" jokes my friend made in high school :D. When I get paid, I'm definitely going to try and score some fabric!
I really floopin hope its water!!! haha
ReplyDeleteAnd what is this kid is like extremely hot now?
That would be just perfect right? lol :)
hmmm i would msg him on facebook u never know mayb u guys dont hate each other nemore and u can have a good laugh about it
ReplyDeleteive tried all the falvors and i like them all some more then other my fav is the go one the red one u know what i mean right the one orange one taste kinda funnny but u get over that
o speaking off i need to get mor e vitamin water
Oh the infliction upon me of my mum's friend's children...years and years of feeling awkward every school holiday. No! Just because we are the same age does NOT mean we will be 'friends'!!!
ReplyDeletehaha
take care, and thanks for all YOUR comments on my blog x
I'd get into contact again, you never know! and if worst comes to worst just block him :D Good luck with that :) And thankyou for all your lovely comments xx
ReplyDeletei think you should message him. you never know what might happen. and if you don't you will just be left wondering, what if?
ReplyDeletexo.
haha, you should definitely friend request him! that'd be hilarious. I doubt it'd be creepy. And if he thinks it's creepy, then he's a loser anyway! :P
ReplyDeleteIf he's hot, say hi. If he's not, don't? lol
ReplyDeleteAs you can see, my system for decision making is super simple and generally leads to good stories if nothing else. ;B
You are freaking HILARIOUS. I love the pictures.
ReplyDeletebest story ever btw! and yeah msg him!
ReplyDeletebut liek pretend u dnt remember all the fights :P
jsut be like 'oh are u the same guy as from my childhood, i cant seem to remember how i know u but i really feel like i do..." lols :P
worked for me when i wanted to check up on an old enemy >:)
i love your illustrations and story! You must contact him!
ReplyDeleteThis is definitely the most hilarious blog post I have ever read!!! You're so funny.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what to do, but you better let us know!
<3