Idk how the subways smelled in the 1950's, but "delicious" is not a word that comes to mind.
Putrid, perhaps. Malodorous. Or rank. Rubbish, filth, slime, muck, BOOOOO!!! [10 points if you know what movie that's from...]
I had a job interview in New York City today. I hate the city. And not hate as in "I hate bugs," or "I hate sitting in traffic." No. Hate like in the Old Testament. Like God needs to rain fire down on Manhattan ASAP.
Some highlights:
- Parked illegally at Stop & Shop, because I do not believe in paying $10 to park my car for 5 hours.
- On the NJ transit train [$6.00; 1 hr, 20 mins travel], we were stopped in Hawthorne, NJ because of "police activity" at the next station, in Paterson. We got moving again after 20 minutes and didn't even get to see any exciting police action for our troubles.
- An extremely loud family of foreigners got on the train in Paterson (5 women, 4 children). One of the older women managed to lock herself in the bathroom. There was much yelling and screaming of toddlers.
- The Path station in Hoboken smells like used diapers soaked in old motor oil. [$1.75, 20 mins travel]
- I purposely got off at the Path station on 23rd street even though that train goes to 33rd, just so I could walk more since I didn't get to work out this morning. Interview was on 47th. [free, unless you count the cost to my health; 30 mins travel]
- Barney's NY corporate office is fancy shmancy!
- I was interviewed for 5 minutes.
- Then went home. [$7.75; 2 hrs travel]
- I did not spot Kevin Bacon (It's happened before, and when you have a Kevin Bacon phobia, it is not pleasant.)
At least I did awesome food-wise: turkey bacon (45), coffee (15), soup (45), more coffee (50), and chocolate almond milk (20). 175 total. I must be punished for Saturday and Sunday.
My room's getting kind of messy.
The laundry pile in particular is getting a little out of hand. It has actually spread to the chaise. That doesn't happen too often.
See the trunk by the bottom left corner? All my witchcraft supplies are in there. I'm not even kidding. There's 16 tarot decks, a set of glass runes, a large crystal ball (quartz--good sh*t), candles, incense, a box of little trinkets used in spell casting (little figurines, teeth [they're fake], dried flowers, coins, pendants, etc), a box of rocks and crystals, and a pretty impressive supply of herbs. I catch Mum going through it when she thinks I'm not upstairs. She's convinced I'm worshipping Satan and trafficking large amounts of drugs.
Comments!
Morbid.Diathesis, you probably could make it vegan, but there might be some trial and error involved. My sis tried to do substitute eggs and shortening and the cookies wouldn't hold the shape. They still tasted good, though.
What if Summer, the Harley costume was pretty easy to put together. I got the corset at Hot Topic, the hoodie on eBay, and the pants came from River's Edge Dancewear. Then I just hunted around the clearance sections of shoe shops until I found boots that came in black and red, and wore one of each.
Leto, Ariana, Bella Anna, Depressed Skinny Mess, Jenn, Kazehana, Amy, Sarah, bonesarepure, Tracy, not.quite.ana, and All.That.Wander.Are.Not.Lost--thanks for the lovely comments!
<3


$10 for 5 hours parking is not bad at all! in the main cities of aus you would have to pay in excess of $40-50 in a parking lot for 5 hours!
ReplyDeletei hope your interview went well and that they want you for the job! good work on the intake too x
I looooove your room! I am a recently new addition to your followers. But really, that chair, gorgeous, and the chest and the fabric around your bed? BEE-yute-iful!
ReplyDeleteYour mom isn't the only one convinced their daughter is drug dealing xD which is kinda hilarious since I didn't even do drugs at all till about two weeks ago. And still only done it once. My laundry never makes that nice a pile, it likes to sprawl. All over my room.
ReplyDeletehahahaha i actually live in the city now and i've heard MANY similar nj transit stories so i don't blame you! oh but if you do come here again you should check out the halloween store on 4th ave between 11th and 12th, i think you would definitely find some interesting things there :)
ReplyDeleteThe Princess Bride! love that movie.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of princesses... totally jealous of your window stickers lol. I have a deck of tarot cards, but I never got around to learning how to use them.
I hope you get the job! That's a lot of trouble to go through for nothing.
All your costumes are brilliant! Almost makes me wish I had friends so I could go to parties. Nah, my cyber friends are way cooler and I'm so over social gatherings!
ReplyDeleteI must say, your trunk looks spectacular! Very Medieval! It would fit right in at my New-Age-love-shack of a house. You must let me make you an African (Ndebele) doll for your collection!
Hope you get the job, M. you deserve it. Glad you didn't bump into 'Pointy-teeth Man'! X.
Your room is lovely! It looks so..titanic-like. Does that even make sense? I'm not sure. :)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, good luck with the job stuff! I really hope that you get it!
<3
Omg love your room (well what I could see of it)
ReplyDeletehaha your mum sounds like a lovely lady haha (lovely as in like Bri Vandecamp sorta thing)
GOOD LUCK with the job :)
xx
stay strong
You have 16 tarot descks??!?! I have, um 3? >.< I've never learned how to use the traditional stuff too well, it doesn't click for some reason.
ReplyDeleteHehe, I've got your blanket in larval form sitting in my lap. I'll post some photos soon <3
Congratulations on surviving New York!
Messy it may be but I love the chair and the trunk :)
ReplyDeletewell ih ope that u get teh job
ReplyDeletei cant do new york i went there once and freaked out like no other so yeah no applying to jobs there for me
but yay for the extra walking
keeps us updated ont he job
ha love ur room and u might wanna do teh laundry its gonna take over soon and attack u ha
Lol, I live on long island, right next to it. I love the city, it makes me feel so little.
ReplyDeleteyour kevin bacon phobia makes me laugh so hard! <3
ReplyDeleteI do tarot myself...I dont do it to often and only if people specifically ask me... I tend to give accurate readings .. but I can never read for myself...I guess I interpret the cards as I wish when it comes to me :)
ReplyDeleteOh man, my laundry looks like yours, not kidding! haha that is on my "to do" list today, about to start it! Your room looks cute though:) I love the couch.
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize you lived in NJ (despite the fact it says so on your blog to the right), I visited New York back in 07' I think? I LOVED it, although it is way to busy for my style, I wouldn't want to live there, but definitely wanna go back.
Anyways I hope you get the job you interviewed for!
Ok, your Old Testament reference made me laugh! I could just see fire and brimstone taking out the Statue of Liberty there for minute!
ReplyDeleteNew York would be okto visit because I've never really been to a large city before and I would like to know what city life is like. But the only time I would ever go there is to see something off Broadway. I hope your interview went well and everything works out the best for you!
Nice intake for today! 175 cals is pretty great =). The fabric around your bed is absolutely gorgeous! You've just inspired me to do that to my room! My room is a bit bigger than what I'm used to so it feels really empty and well, bland. I hope you don't mind my copying your artistic-ness ^.^
That couch is really lovely too! I love unique peices of furniture...they're like art! The witchcraft trunk made me smile! You should make random comments about satan just to make your mom wonder some more. Or better yet, put a bible in there just to throw her off some. Haha, I love messing with people in a round-a-bout way! =)
♥
Witch stuff is super interesting! My aunt used to be a Wiccan sort of. Not super into it, but what she did do was cool.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the job! :) I've never been to new york city but I'd really like to go some day. The only big city I've been to was Boston and I love it so much. I wouldn't ever drive there though haha. I can't even drive in the city here and it's tiny, we don't even have subways.