This is the worst thing to try and fight. For whatever reason, on this particular day at around 10.45 in the morning, I started to get the Hunger Jitters. It starts as a general weakness in the arms and legs, and then spreads to the point where just getting up to go bring the mail in to my boss feels like I’m trying to run a ten-mile marathon. Then my hands start to feel shaky. There’s a hollowness in my lower chest spreading into my stomach, where I can actually feel how empty it is. My heart feels like it’s racing, and my breathing is uneven and getting faster. If I stand up at a normal speed—not even too fast—everything starts to turn black, and I can hear a rushing noise like waves in my ears.
It’s like Emily says in The Devil Wears Prada, about her new diet—basically she doesn’t eat anything, and whenever she feels like she’s about to faint, she just eats a cube of cheese. I do something similar: Diet Pepsi can help with the Hunger Jitters. It tricks your body into thinking it’s getting a sweet snack, but since there aren’t any actual calories in it, you’re not actually consuming anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment
We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.