I've noticed that we ladies who totally do not have eating disorders and are just on mega-diets (ha!) tend to travel in pairs. And not just that, we tend to travel in pairs in which one girl is anorexic and the other bulimic. It's not even a proper friendship; it's a competition. I'm actually not sure I can be a real friend. Obsession with one's appearance tends to make you pretty much the most self-centered person ever. This makes it hard to be a good friend, and it makes it really hard to stay in a relationship with a boy because you're in love with yourself, and could never be fully in love with anyone else.
So far today, I ate: 1 bowl cereal measured (160), 1 cup coffee with half & half (15).
I'm actually in a friendship with a friend who is a recovering bulimic, which makes it even weirder. I want to have a sort of competition, but she's in recovery and I'm doing everything I can to support her in that...
ReplyDeleteI admit I will occasionally talk to her about taking laxatives or losing weight, but I act as though it "slipped out". bad friend I guess. :/