Monday, June 6, 2011

Don't be dark.


So I think some weekend recappage is in order.

Before we get to the good stuff (save the best for last, and all that)...

I actually got to hang out with Little Bros #1 and 2 WITHOUT Dad and Step-mom. Like whoa. (That has never happened before). 'Twas Little Bro #2's 17th birthday last week, so I offered to take both of them out at the restaurant of Bro #2's choice, and then a movie at the drive-in. We had a pretty awesome time at dinner, then at Bellvale Creamery eating tiramasu ice cream, then flooring it back to Warwick to the drive-in only to find a line of cars a mile down the road, at which point we floored it to the normal cinema in Chester to catch the 9.05 showing of the new X-Men movie (it was pretty good).

And then yesterday, Friend and I drove to Maryland for the Monstermania convention, to meet Lance. I needed someone to come with me in case I made a fool of myself (which I did [duh], but we'll get to that...).

It was a nice drive. Google maps said it would take about 4 hours, but Google maps does not have a lead foot, so it actually took 3 and a half hours. Friend and I did a spot of shopping while we were there. I got this awesome little grow-your-own giant redwood tree thing for my cousin, Patrick:

He's been after me to send him a giant redwood for years, so now he actually gets one.

And I got this EPIC clock:

 It makes a different bird sound every hour. So I can be a flailing nerd every hour, on the hour, as opposed to just sporadically at any given time throughout the day.

Monstermania, while not as huge as that convention I went to for Pinhead, had some fun vendors (although since this was LH we were going to see, it was about 10x more exciting than the last convention). I got a pretty brooch of a spider, and this fun badge thing:
...which now hangs from my rear view mirror.

AND THEN

Lance signed my Millennium photo:

I was all of a dither.

Although I did manage to give him the card I made with some of the best pics from the Millennium post without slurring. Lance had his photo taken with my copy of his book. I felt kind of bad for not having read it yet. IT'S THE NEXT BOOK ON MY READING PILE I SWEAR, and that's saying something as my reading pile is 3 feet tall and new books generally go on the bottom, unless they were written by John Connolly, so Not Bad For A Human is next in line (right after John Connolly's newest).

OMG:

 And right after that I tripped over the cable for the video camera.

::is blonde::


You can see the camera I nearly destroyed on the right. 
(Sometimes I think people like me should just not be allowed out in public, ever.)

Lance has some pretty wicked tattoos.

So all in all, 'twas a pretty awesome Sunday. Friend and I drove home, I was forced to listen to Kesha in the car, got to see Friend's mom (whom I haven't seen in way too long) and his Step-dad, and Friend's dog
... and then we all had a 45-minute debate concerning the release dates, titles, and actors who starred in all of the Alien movies.

Riveting conversation. 

-____-

.
.
.
.

20 comments:

  1. it sounds like u had a very funinteresting and exciting wkd lucky u
    o and ur so pretty by the way
    we need to have an adventure we dont live to to far away from each other

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such an awesome weekend! It sounds like you really had a great time! I have no idea who that Lance guy is (don't hate me!!), but that's great you got to meet him since you seem to be very fond of him :). P.S.- I love how most dog's eyes glow in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!
    That phone call (on the link) must have cost Patrick a bomb!
    I <3 geeks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounded like your day was especially eventful and spontaneous. Sounds like my kind of day.
    I like your comment about how people like yourself shouldn't be let into public ever. Hahah. You're such a nut, and I love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah man, what an UNBELIEVABLE experience!!! I like to think of it as your good karma for being such an awesome friend! So nice to see you smiling. Love you. <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is just crazy! awesome crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow so very cool!.

    That dog's picture freaks me the hell out, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that some kinda demon dog or what?!


    I'm glad you got to meet Lance. That would be like me meeting Robert Englund.

    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a good time :]

    and you look great in the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greg's mom has a clock like that... one of these days as a prank, I'm going to change out the bird sound box with a dog clock sound box... because i think that would be hilarious. But I wouldn't do that to you lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heeee so glad you had such a rocking time! I wanna see the brooch! I'm not a spider fan but fake spiders and spider jewelry don't make me freak out.
    Worst case scenario.. if it looks too real I'd try to smash it with something very heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great weekend! how awesome is it that you got to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds so cool! You look amazing in the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds awesome! I'll be checking out the new Connolly... I love him! The tortillas are from meijer, in the ethnic foods section with all of the others... I, too, am freaked out by bread, so they were and excellent find. They're 80 cal. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh pretty girl!
    lol sounds like something I would do *is having an awesome moment* two seconds later *bashes head into floor for whatever reason*
    haha I love the clock, I had a meowing one once, then I ran into the wall and it fell off an broke..
    And as usual I love your ms paint rendition of Star Struck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I squeed SO FUCKING LOUD when I saw those pics! I could even see the demented wee stars in your RL eyes XD

    Your cartoons always cheer me up. *Rofls* Pure genius!

    You're bloody gorgeous! How did you keep him from carrying you off to his trailer??

    OMG I wish they still made the Tiramisu flavoured timtams! Those things were THE BEST to slam with coffee! (Imma have to demonstrate some time)

    Lol, I'm going to quote Chicago if I ever go on a mad stabby rampage down at Student Health. "What? She ran into my knife. . . a few dozen times" I'm seriously considering ringing the guy up and asking him if it was an elaborate practical joke. I could always go puke mentos and diet coke on Diane's shoes! :3

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your dimple is adorable. I bet he always wanted a daughter with dimples. EVERYONE DOES. And if that's not a real dimple, I still think it counts.

    Also, I need to kidnap you and take you on a crazy vacay to tahiti. Yes? Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks (:
    I think yo got me wrong - tea and coffee and stuff is allowed, but you should not count it into the 1.5l water per day. :D
    The fake sugar is more optinal because I have no clue how unhealthy it is. :D This diet is mostly about eating lots of fruits and veggies - and I think you need them(;
    It's sad you couldn't live without meat but I guess it's better you eat it before you die :D
    You should still take care what kind of meat you eat - red meat is so unhealthy.
    So you're half-joining and thats okay too (:

    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been rubbish at commenting lately! Blogger keeps acting up and I get trapped in the 'sign in' loop of doom.

    That's so brilliant!! Exciting! Did you ask him to adopt you?? And it's a brilliant photo: you don't look like a raving mad mega fan at all (seriously, I'm not being sarcastic here). You could pass it off as a "me and my close friend Lance at so and so" ;).

    I guess traumatising younger siblings is a good thing, but I'm the youngest. Humph. Who do I get to traumatise with my imaginative lies? (Though, to be fair, I made up some pretty decent stuff in my time and had an uncanny ability to make my sister cry. I remember one time telling her all about the Black Plague - I was six and we'd just learnt about it in school. I may hve missed out the parts about it being in medieval times....)

    As for the radio: yes, I do it via my time bending skills (otherwise known as the BBC iplayer on the t'interwebs, which means all radio programmes are available for a week after they aired).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have you ever been to the California Redwoods?
    It's my favorite place in the world!
    If you ever get the chance you should go!
    oxox miss you girly!
    stay awesome!

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.