400 followers?? Crikey.
Hey y'all! 'Sup?
I just want to say a HUGE thank you to you angels for your support on that last post. If I didn't hate touching, I'd hug every single one of you.
Uncle DOES NOT have cancer.
::dances around the room::
After they got his gall bladder out, cleared some kind of bile blockage (ew?), the jaundice went away and they were able to properly do all the big tests; and they concluded that it was a false alarm.
NOW WHY THE EFF THE DOCTORS WOULD TELL UNCLE AND COMPANY THAT HE HAS LIVER CANCER AND LESS THAN A MONTH TO LIVE WHEN THEY DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW FOR CERTAIN IS BEYOND ME.
And therein lies the reason I do not trust doctors.
But none of us could be properly upset with the doctors because we were too thrilled that Uncle is ok.
Here's some happy music.
Yesterday was bad. I haven't been sleeping much. That combined with Uncle's cancer scare, anxiety over seeing the father for Little Bro's graduation, and the impending arrival of the Ugly Stepsister today, I ended up bingeing on the office pretzels, and then purging them in the bathroom at work.
Apparently I can purge when I'm emotionally distraught.
I was then double anxious because I couldn't work out after work, since I had to go see Little Bro#1 graduate high school. Boss ended up letting me go home early, so I managed to squeeze in half an hour on the treadmill.
To me, that's like taking a quiet 5-minute stroll down the road. It does not qualify as Exercise.
So I was like ok, I can be Acceptable for the day as long as I don't eat anything else. At all.
Did I mention that the Good Ship Recovery has officially sunk?
I will try again, I just need to regroup.
So yesterday, after the 30 minute workout, I drove up to Dad's to see Little Bro#1 graduate high school. Step-Mom's parents, her brother and 2 of her nephews (OMG CUTEST KIDS EVER!! Hadn't seen them in years, but one is totally going to be a mega ladies-man), and Step-Mom's aunt and uncle. I always feel like such an outsider at these things, so that wasn't helping my anxiety.
And then Little Bro#1 played this on the piano, as part of the graduation ceremony:
I seriously almost cried. I introduced him to that song. It's from Amelie (one of the best films ever).
But then again, this means he can't play that song at my funeral, which I had been planning for some time. I shall have to come up with something else.
Then after the ceremony, Step-mom says I should come with all of them to a restaurant near their house, just to get coffee ('cause it was almost 10.00 by then). So I said ok, thinking I could allow myself a coffee.
Wrong. We get there, and everyone starts ordering actual food. I got an appetizer so I wouldn't look like a weirdo not eating with everyone else, and then (because I can't control myself when I'm anxious?!??!?) I got DESSERT.
>:(
Most of it was purged in the bathroom of the restaurant. I wasn't going to try purging, but Step-mom and Dad kept making comments about my weight. Unlike Mum, who always says I'm too thin, they both love to tell me how great I look, and how skinny, and how wonderful it is that I'm taking such good care of myself (as opposed to the fat tub of lard that I was before?) and then Little Bros were playing with some app on their ipod that lets you take a photo of someone and make them look fat, and we were all having a good laugh at that until I took a really good look at the photo they did of me and thought, "I can't see much of a difference."
Overwhelming? I dunno. My nerves were frayed, I was running on very little sleep, and I tend to have trouble dealing with Dad's side of the fam in general. So I purged my dessert in the bathroom. Like an a$*hole.
Ho hum.
Then B/P'ed some oreos and an ice cream sandwich when I got home.
>:O
I hate the drive home from Dad's. It takes almost an hour, and I really hate making that drive alone. Going from their Super-Happy-Perfect-Loving-Christian-Family to being completely alone in the car for an hour in the dark makes me feel incredibly cut off from them. That's why I generally take someone with me when I visit Dad.
But what can you do but pick up the pieces and try and again? Like riding a horse--you fall off, you have to get back on.
Which is kind of ironic, because taking that advice literally is what caused the head/back injury that left me with little to no balance, effed up motor skills, and random bouts of vertigo.
Word.
I'm going to the gym now.
...before I go... I was thinking of making up another blogger award. Like a fun and sort of silly one. Would y'all take it, if I started handing it out? I promise it will be ridiculous. :D
Later dudes!
<3

That's so good about your uncle!!! You mean the docs said he had cancer when they didn't really know what was wrong?? Uhm, did they go to med school?! Happy Music: *key halloween song* :D If that's your bro playing in the video- he's really good! That song sounds so sad though (hence, your funeral song choice of course). I think that would be fun if you created a blogger award- and make the award itself on paint of course!
ReplyDelete♥
Yay for no cancer! That is excellent news! What idiot doctors for giving a diagnosis they weren't even sure was correct though. I have not seen Amelie in a few years, but I think I have a copy, so perhaps it is time to watch it again. I think you should make an award, I always enjoy reading people's when they get them. Have a lovely rest of the weekend! :)
ReplyDelete400 followers just shows how amazing you and your blog are!
ReplyDeleteThat's so great about your uncle :) but I can't believe the doctors told you he had cancer if they weren't sure! That's shocking!
A new blogger award would be really fun :)
Lottie x
That's great news about your uncle I'm so glad to hear it! I scrubbed in on a gallbladder surgery a couple times this week - super cool.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear that your uncles going to be ok, good luck was always going to find you at some point. xx
ReplyDeleteGreat news about your uncle!! A new award would be groovy, I love ridiculous-ness!
ReplyDeleteYay for uncle going to be ok!
ReplyDeleteOfc go make an award. Your posts are great, you got kickass fiction, I wanna see what kind of award my fave cartoon maker will come up with.
:)
award! award! I'm thrilled to hear about your uncle, and you'v got me on a baroque music kick for the rest of the day.
ReplyDeleteSo glad about the update!!!!
ReplyDeleteDoctors suck, sometimes. But wtf?!? Ad long as he's better and not having cancer that's the last problem!
Oh Mich! I thought you were on the cannot-purge-to-save-my-life-train with me!
And now you're off ;(
Honestly, don't know whether to be happy for you or to be envious. I am both.
And actually quite sorry it's cos not going to make things easier.
Ok I am officially disordered.
AWAAAAARD!!!!!!! or Howaaaaaaaard!!!!!!
That name always made me laugh.
Kisses plus Love
<3
You are a great blogger!
ReplyDeleteLove
/S / http:// mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com
♥
Aw Mich you sound so much better in this post, though I'm sorry that you were out of control on your bro's graduation. The song he played is sooo great(: Why can't he play that on your funreal? Because he already played it there?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad someone told you how good you look despite of keep nagging your to thin or whatever. You do look good and you should really learn to accept that someday.<3
And I'm really looking forward to your hilarious award. You have to draw a picture for the award :D I'm already veeery courious x)
xoxo<3
Congrats on the 400 peeps! And the award sounds cool :) Sooooooo glad that it was a false alarm! Just shows that doctors are still human >.<
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear about your uncle. The dicks in white coats are at the guess work again! Arseholes! I hope they all get crotch itch!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about the Good Ship Mich. I hope you'll be up and running again soon. Full steam ahead!
Such lovely music! I love T.&F. and your little brother is super talented! I'll bet he's beating the ladies off with a stick!
Not to be rude, but your dad's family sound like the type of people I generally avoid like the plague. Yikes! I'd much rather hang out with you!
Dear god, I'm so sorry to hear about your horse injuries. I've had a few in my time, but nothing like that!
A silly and ridiculous blogger award? HELL, YEAH!!! I can't wait! Bring it, Babe!
Well done on 401 followers, you're a gem! Love you. <3. XXX.
I'm SO glad that your uncle's okay! Those doctors must be idiots!!
ReplyDeleteToo bad about the recovery. Whenever you're ready to try again, we're all here to encourage you!
<3
For introducing me to that beautiful rendition of Toccata and Fugue I'd take anything you wanted to give me! (But maybe not syphilis)
ReplyDeleteYour brother has amazing fingers. PLEASE tell me he's bi! What is the name of that piece? I've never seen Amelie but I swear I've heard it a few times before o.O
So glad to hear about your Uncle! :D *Happydance* Maybe they told everyone the worst news because its better to fear the worst and be wrong than to have them tell you it's a cold when its meningitis!
The HMS Miche can rise again. They just need time to get the troops in.
<3
Thank heavens about your Uncle!!!!
ReplyDeleteWolf puppy pictures coming soon, I promise.
And please do make another award, you're quite clever when it comes to that.
gklad that ur uncle is ok hun but yeah dcos shouldnt say that unless they are certain certain
ReplyDeleteyay for anoher award i would so pass it out if u made one
Im totally not surprised that you have 400 followers. You are brilliance.
ReplyDeletethe more ridiculous the award, the more fun it is to win :P
I'm glad your uncle is ok