Finally finished cooking the rest of the kidney into more pies. They go into the freezer tomorrow, so we can have them anytime! The whole house still reeks of kidneys.
My friend took a nice photo of me baking the steak and kidney pies on Sunday.
(You can tell I've been drinking because my nose and chest are red.)
I have been trying to drink more water (~8 cups/~2 liters per day). I have one of these things:
Stepmom got it for me for Christmas. It holds half a litre.
I hate water.
I've never been a water drinker. Sure I love my tea and coffee and occasional fizzy drink, but I don't like water. Once in a while, I might be hit with an incredible thirst and down two glasses all at once, but aside from the glass of water next to my bed that I (unconsciously) drink during the night, I don't really drink water.
I went on this website and took the quiz, which said I only need between 1.7 and 1.3 litres a day, based on my height, weight, gender, average daily exercise, altitude, etc.; but since I don't really drink any water at all ever, I thought maybe I should aim higher. That way, I'm more likely to end the day at the number I'm supposed to. And yeah apparently the whole caffeinated-drinks-don't-count-as-water thing is a myth. Woohoo! Obviously water is better, but it's good to know my coffee and tea count as water beverages.
So at this stage (day three Lots of Water), I may as well just move into the bathroom. Instead of my usual have-to-pee-every-half-hour, now it's like every 10 minutes.
-____-
So at this stage (day three Lots of Water), I may as well just move into the bathroom. Instead of my usual have-to-pee-every-half-hour, now it's like every 10 minutes.
-____-
My moods have been going up and down like crazy. This is a fairly recent development. Previously, I was calm, flat, Zen-like, and more or less braindead. All the time. Unless I got irritable, but since I have an extreme amount of patience, the irritability was rare. And then there was RAGE--even rarer than irritation. To this day, only 3 or 4 people have ever seen me escalate to actual RAGE.
But in the last few months, my moods have been riding a rollercoaster of internalized spastication. I reveal nothing on the outside, but inside has become a war zone. In the space of 90 seconds, I can feel:
Calm-->Hopeful/Looking forward to the rest of the day-->Dreading the rest of the day (even though nothing whatsoever in my plans has changed)-->Restless-->Random wave of euphoria-->Distracted by shiny object/loud noise/interesting fact/etc.-->Completely hopeless/what's the point/I should just give up on life-->OMG I should totally go write now-->Writers block-->Irritable-->Distracted-->Calm-->start over
I'm probably not describing this as best as I could, but Emotions are a new phenomenon for me. I'm not really sure what all of them are called, nor what the rights words are that describe them.
And I don't like this ONE BIT. I very much enjoyed my antisocial personality flatness. 'Twas comfortable. 'Twas familiar. 'Twas very simple and unfettered by human nonsense.
I think this mental thing may have actually started with the cessation of my womanlies. We're into the final countdown now before I'm due for the yearly check-up with my lady-doctor. I've got less than 2 months to decide if I'm going to come clean and tell her I haven't gotten my womanlies in almost a year, or lie and say everything's fine.
[Right now I'm leaning towards the lying.]
Idk what to do about my moods. I can't really afford to see a therapist every week (plus I don't like the idea of giving up 30 mins+ of gym time). I have a feeling I would be sent to a psychiatrist if I did opt for therapy, and they'd want to put me on medication. I'll take sedatives without question, but I don't want antidepressants or anything like that, because I'm not depressed. And then there's the fact that people like therapists send me into Perfectly-Obliging-Polite-Charming-Fairy-Mode, which in turn makes therapists believe I'm totally normal. But then what if this anti-antisocial mood swing thing is affecting that part as well? WHAT IF I CAN'T TURN ON THE CHARM ANYMORE?! Are my days as a con artist OVER?!?
::hyperventilates::
...Let's not panic yet. This is something that can be easily tested. The Damsel In Distress Act hasn't failed me yet (knockonwoodknockonwoodknockonwood). I've been conning the male population into carrying things for me for the better part of a decade. (Especially when traveling: a lady ought not lift her own luggage higher than her waist. It's unseemly.) I just need a decent challenge to make sure I've still got my mad skills.
Note to self: test this in the morning. I'll get back to y'all on that...
I got a lovely package from Cinnamon Brown on Monday. Thank you LOADS, pretty lady!! You're too generous. <3
The slippers make me deliriously happy.
The bells are driving Mum and the cats bonkers. :D
The bracelet is stunning.
And I've modeled the gloves because they go nicely with my luminous white skin.
This is what I'm doing at nearly one in the morning because I can't sleep.
I've collected some fabulous little things for a thank-you package. So be excited.
Alrightly I think the sleepies are finally starting to kick in. Later, loveies!
This is what I'm doing at nearly one in the morning because I can't sleep.
I've collected some fabulous little things for a thank-you package. So be excited.
Alrightly I think the sleepies are finally starting to kick in. Later, loveies!





Your chest turns red when you drink? That's awesome. And those slippers are sweet.
ReplyDeleteiu love all ur gifts they are so pretty and great
ReplyDeletei have to go to the women doc next month i wish mine didnt come nemore cuase its so painful i acutally pass out fromt he pain guess i should tell themthat
You are so beautiful all the time! But seriously, you do have really nice skin (even when you're drinking?!)
ReplyDeleteI hate women docter visits :[ And I understand the whole appearing normal thing. When you know what they want, it's so easy to just give them this well adjusted face. Stay well, love<3
Those slippers are awesome!
ReplyDeleteYou know coffee, tea, water, cordial, fruit juice (everything except alcohol) counts towards your total fluid intake you don't have to specifically drink water :) (honest my doctor told me -one that wasn't trying to up calories!) PLUS I practically have a degree in nutrition after all the IP! x
Hey, your blog excites me haha just started following!!! your beautiful btw, yay for milky white skin!! hah im a ghost :) xoxox
ReplyDeletechek out my rants too :P
Mrs Doyle: What would you say to a cup father?
ReplyDelete[offers him a cup of tea]
Father Jack Hackett: FECK OFF, CUP! I bloody loves it!
Wow, I'm impressed that a tiny faerie like you can hold such a big pie! It looks scrummy! Good job!
The mood thing you described? Yeah, welcome to my life! Shit sucks!
Glad you like your goodies. That photo with your gauntlet is so cute! I could gobble you up! <3. XXX.
When are you getting your own cable tv cooking show?!!
ReplyDeleteWhat has been going on with blogger??? Phfft.
ReplyDeleteHello :)
Is it true about the lady luggage waist thing?? If so, I'm buggered: I always use a rucksack.
Those slippers are brilliant! I miss bells. I used to have bells in my hair, when it was all dread-y. It used to freak my boss out, since he thought they were the cats who were always bullying his cat..
I'm really quite impressed with that pie. The last time I made a pie it ended up being the insides (some sort of butternut/barley/mushroom/spinach/ricotta type thing) layered up inside a casserole dish and baked, erm, without the actual 'pie' bit. Pastry: it thwarts me.
xx
I don't get th joke in the beginning...
ReplyDeleteYou are Very Attractive, my dear! I have always loved your blog but not I will read while imagining the beauty authoring it .. .:P
ReplyDeleteOn the reals though, keep it up so mindless followers like me may enjoy, sil tu plait
:D
Oh, pretty, pretty lady with a steak and kidney pie!
ReplyDeletei am soooo loving on those jester socks...perfect for the lovely Harliquin!
Moods all over the place...right there i am....tears, sobbing (to my mom..."if your friends"-who are sooo nice to me- "knew what i was really like, they would hate me!"), jabbering like a maniac (Bi-Polar, anyone?), so far d o w n, wishing i never had to get out of bed, more jabbering...
i hope the moods improve. So sad you are struggling. :(
Thank you for the lovely comment on my blob.
xoxoxo,
tracy
Aaah, mood swings. The joy of emotions. Nope, just kidding. I know they suck. I've been having some myself lately and it's uber frustrating because you just want to be stable or numb. (I totally forgot where the hell I was going with this F*CK!) Oh yeah! If you do go see a psychiatrist, they could prescribe a mood stabilizer. It'll help keep your moods more level. I hope you get things sorted out. Feel better.
ReplyDelete3.1415KIDNEYS!!! (I had to)
ReplyDeleteThose slippers are EPIC! :D
Fucking mood swings. Whatever you do, do what is best for your health&sanity, ok?
Thank you for the comment-explosion. It made my day!
Lol, I nearly died laughing. My pseudo-hippy mates all dumpster dive and one calls herself a 'Freegan' (Only eats free vegan food. She also refuses to shave her legs but shaves her armpits. go figure)
My bike is totally for sale when I upgrade :p They're not that hard to learn how to ride. Just don't get a Suzuki GN line bike. They corner like housebricks.
Have a good weekend, don't work too hard <3
Miss Mich,
ReplyDeleteYou are a tiny skinny Mich again. Well done!
Congrats! :) Yes, i am a tad bit, okay, extremely envious. However, you did the work. Obviously, i did not.
Much Love,
tracy
cinnamon did a fantastic job with the booties and gloves, and that bracelet is gorgeous.
ReplyDeletethanks for listing the website, i'm going to check how much water i'm suppose to be drinking, i haven't been drinking nearly enough lately either. though everyone thinks it's because of the cold wheather; people and their opinions, my God.
you and your pie look fabulous, i hope your moods improve.
enjoy the rest of your weekend, and good luck on testing the charm, i'm sure you've still got it, you bedazzle me every time.X
bleh. we share a mutual hatred for water. that calculator said i needed to be drinking almost 3 litres a day.
ReplyDeleteWHAT?
i, personally, enjoy being in a constant state of dehydration. because then i don't have to pee as much.