Monday, April 25, 2011

You're not like the others. You like the same things I do: Wax paper. Boiled football leather. Dog breath. We're not hitchhiking anymore. We're riding!







Here's a photo of my dessert from fancy dinner out on Friday:


That's homemade vanilla ice cream on a bed of coconut shavings, with semi sweet chocolate drizzled over it to form a hard chocolate shell. It was almost as good as the ginger-and-coconut veggie crab bisque I had for an appetizer.



There is NOTHING on the telly. 

Like seriously. Feckall. We pay for this. 

I mean ok yeah we have the cheapest possible cable package so there's not that many channels; but a few years ago before The Depression Part Deux hit us, we had satellite with like 2,000 channels including ALL the movie channels, and even then sometimes there would actually be nothing worth watching.

We're PAYING for these things with our hard-earned money. I think the people in charge of television need to get their shite together and put a bit more effort into their programming. 


Why the eff isn't my show on?!

So there's a bill or something that the senate is voting on (I think?[can you tell I'm totally into politics and government and how the country actually works? Lol]) that's going to cut all federal funding for public broadcasting. 100%. No more money for things like my classical radio station. Or Nova. No more Keeping Up Appearances marathons or opera on the radio on Saturdays. 

No more Arthur.


(He's an aardvark, but apparently he had some serious rhinoplasty before going on TV)

The government is taking away all of Arthur's funding. They may as well be slaughtering Arthur and his whole family. 

I actually wrote to my local congressman about this. (I looked up "congress" in the index of the Lawyers' Diary and found a whole list of them, organized by county.) Basically I said that if You People are responsible for the discontinuance of my radio station, I will go on a murderous rampage as a result of the offal that's on the all other radio stations, and then I will sue Rihanna, her song and music writers, the record company, and everyone else related to the composition of Rihanna's music because she is an agent of Satan and it is impossible NOT to get her songs stuck in your head for days, sometimes weeks at a time just from hearing it for 30 seconds. 

I could probably get a lot money out of that, too. The Boss might be a grasshole sometimes, but he seems quite good at what he does. I've seen some pretty huge checks come across my desk just for things like some dude slipping in a bit of spilled water on the floor of Macy's. It upsets me a little every time I have to take one of those checks to the bank. Boss only gets at most a third of the total settlement, but it's still a helluva lot of money. Like I'm holding a little piece of paper worth three times my yearly salary. 

Wow I'm rambling. 

I ate a lot this weekend. 

Like Holy Mother of God, I ate A LOT. Most of it was meat. Easter candy came in a very close second. Cereal wins third place. The dairy-chocolate-carb overload rash is on my neck, chest, and stomach. 

Guess what I came home to on Friday evening? 

Wild guess.

COCOA MOTHERTRUCKING PEBBLES.  

It took me 2 days to eat the whole box, which is a large improvement on the usual 18 minutes. 

But I worked out loads for the past three days, so I'm not freaking out. 


Totally not freaking out.

I miss that show. Little Sis's dad introduced me to it (before Little Sis existed, when her dad was still just Mum's Really Cool Boyfriend With The Red Motorcycle). 






Oh heeyyyy vitamins*  !   !!

Wassup? It's been a while. 

It's funny how I can see myself going through these patterns of behavior, and I know exactly what's going to happen during each phase of my psychologically disturbed episodes. Yet I still continue with that behavior, knowing it's bad, knowing it's going to lead to negative consequences, and an Aftermath, etc. etc. 

The behavior itself never varies. I follow the same predictable pattern from one step to the next. 

1.) Get vitamins* by chance or by accident (i.e., friends getting drunk and extremely generous, receiving them as payment in lieu of cash, or being drunk myself and weak-willed, and subsequently convinced to buy large quantities of vitamins*).

2.) Take some vitamins 3-5 days later, just as a "treat" in advance for doing a good workout. 

3.) Burn 800 calories with no effort whatsoever. 

4.) Have a bad binge.

5.) To make up for Bad Binge, plan a fast for the following 4 days (that's an average, it could be up to 6 days).

6.) It's tough exercising while liquid fasting and only having 200 calories a day. But not exercising = death, so let's have some vitamins* to ease the exercising process. Just while fasting, then we'll go back to eating the usual 500-900 calories a day. Because we don't want to go crazy, right?

7.) Burn 600-800 calories working out.

8.) We're just doing it while fasting, then we'll totally go back to normal.

9.) Burn an average of 700 calories a day while only consuming up <200 for up 5 consecutive days.

10.) Binge.

11.) Repeat steps 5 thru 10 until we run out of money or supplies of vitamins*, or until we suffer a serious injury. Whichever happens first.

So yeah right now I'm on the second lap, just beginning step 5. (Nothing but coffee and Spiru-Tein all day tomorrow, the Spiru-Tein only sipped when I feel faint). 



mmuuuuufffffffiiinnnnn

I uploaded four new albums from the last bunch of Sunday Adventures.  It's missing a roll though, because some idiot mixed up my film with someone else's, so one of the sets of negatives I got back had photos from some kind deep sea scuba diving expedition. 

Pretty cool, but still not my photos. 


Night-night all!! I think the sleepies are finally kicking in....






*I know I've said this before, but.... DRUGS VITAMINS ARE BAD. Just don't start. 

17 comments:

  1. Wow, someone else is gonna be pissed they messed up the photos too!

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I LOVE REN AND STIMPY!!!! XD Although looking back at it now, I wonder why they FUCK my parents let me watch that shit! 0.0 They musta been tripping hardcore!!

    I hate to say it, but while your meal sounded delicious, that dessert looks like a Mallowpuff that shat itself 0.0

    Ok, follow the orders of the Wuffie and look after yourself as much as you can, since you can't avoid the spazzing :(

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. personally I praise the universe that there is nothing on TV, as TV watching makes me want to shovel boat loads of popcorn through my face hole. If you sued Rihanna would she invite Katy Perry as a character witness? the mind boggles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Arthur, I have loads of the books including D.W's books :) he does look different on TV though.
    The conservatives here are cutting loads of stuff :( x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meal sounded really nice :)
    What!? They killed Arthur! I love Arthur! I am honestly quite upset by that!
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, that pud looks amazing! Well, it's official, I'm in deep shit! Woolworths have just unleashed Kettle Corn on their unsuspecting shoppers!

    http://www.popcornindiana.com/product_type/classic-popcorn

    The cocoa one is particularly evil!

    I must agree, there's bugger all on telly here, as well! I can't believe we pay for this shite! I miss Arthur, we used to get him here, but alas, no more money = no more Arthur here, too!

    I think we should subject your mum to Chinese Tickle Torture for the Cocoa Pebble stunt! Evil woman! Well done stretching it out like that! I'm proud of you!

    Your photos are stunning! I want all the little critters!

    By the way, I hope Rihanna gets laryngitis... permanently! Love you, Michi! <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That desert looks amazing! It's hard not to eat something like that when it's so pretty! I hope you had a great Easter! I also have no idea how the country works- but cutting public broadcasting would suck! Arthur was an amazing show- and so was Zoom! I love the classical music station when I'm driving to church-it's Baroque Sunday's!!

    I love your recreation of Cocoa Pebbles, I think I should create something like that for all my favorite cereals! And omg Rend & Stimpy!! :D Ah, the 90s... Hey, don't sweat eating loads this past weekend, you'll be able to work off the weight gained in no time via fasting and vitamind :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really thought that was some kind of weird jell crap before I read the description and found out it was chocolate covered ice cream and went /herpderp..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha Cocoa pebbles...sometimes I think they'll be the death of me, though I'm more likely to go apeshit crazy on the reese's puffs.

    Happy easter, just be careful with your *vitamins.

    And if Arthur disappears I will personally stage an inception-style mind-changing intervention. Mind ninja, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that dessert looks good it does
    o no they cant take away arthur

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cocoa pebbles box made me el oh el.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I scrolled down trying to figure out what the asterisk next to vitamins defined it as... I would like to get me some vitamins. :P But how do I choose?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you take that picture of the wolf at the preserve? I'm probably going there on Friday with Juan! Did I already mention it's 1.5 miles from my house and I run by it every day? Annnnnyway, I digress... I'm with you on the not cutting funding for public radio... I <3 NPR hardcore... I hope you had a good, healthy, binge-free/starve-free, exercise-filled, stress-free Monday miss Mich!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn "conservatives" are cutting everything except the fucking CEO bailouts! Shit sure does roll downhill.
    And what's fun is I got a conservative living in my basement who likes to go on about universities being bastions of liberalism and there's such a liberal bias in the media blah blah...
    Guess that's why their funding is being wiped out huh?
    Fuckall!!

    Please try to be easy on your poor body with the *vitamins...I adore you and love you and want you around and if you die I'm gonna have to bring you back as a ghost or something and keep you in a jar until you finish all your stories and then convince me you'll be ok on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're really taking away government funding for entertainment? Wow... That sucks... And gas prices are going up so badly that no one will be able to go anywhere and find anything to entertain themselves. Maybe everyone will turn as crazy as me then. Mwhahaha.
    Do be careful with those vitamins... They took quite a toll on my husband's body, and he wasn't fasting and overexercising while taking them... Don't hurt yourself, love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My brain is all over the place, so sorry for such a lameo comment buuuut yeah. Just wanted to let you know I read it.
    Be careful, ok? None of my business I know. But still :P I had a huge bingy day Sunday, thank goodness I hadn't eaten Saturday or I would have flipped.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't feel bad for eating meat. Protein can never be stored as fat. Fat can be stored as fat. Carbs can also be converted to fat if you eat too many carbs. There is some really good info on this @ lyle mcdonalds website. http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss
    :)

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.