Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

This is going to be a bit of a spastic post. I'm having a hard time focusing on one thing long enough to be coherent. 


I have been pigging out for the last four days. It began Saturday night, when I came home drunk from friend's birthday night out. When most people get drunk, they lose their inhibitions about going home with unattractive strangers. I lose my inhibitions about eating junk food. And I cannot compete with my kitchen.
That's just the pantry. There's also another cupboard full of peanut butter and Nutella, and the freezer full of ice cream.


Then Sunday, two friends and I went on a bird-watching adventure to the Raptor Trust.We went hiking in the Great Swamp Wildlife Refuge afterwards (photos will be developed eventually...), so at least we spent pretty much the whole day walking. The walking is the essential thing to remember, because after that, we went to Wawa.


If I had not pigged out on Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday, I would have felt ok with allowing myself the Wawa Binge. Me going into a Wawa never ends in anything other than epic consumption of as much food as I can possibly carry. 


They put heroin in their sandwiches. There's no other explanation. And there's definitely heroin in everything that Tastykake makes.


So for all of you who were reading The Fairy Queen, I have posted a few more chapters. Feel free to alert me to any spelling or grammatical errors. Also, I need a title, and would be glad of any suggestions. If you like that book, you should definitely read the first one--Underwood. You don't really need to read it to follow the Fairy Queen, but the whole book is up on the site. It's also in the process of being illustrated by Elk, who is awesome and incredibly talented. 


There's an Angie Harmon clone at my gym. 
I've been stalking her every time I see her, because I want to know if she sounds like Angie Harmon as well as looking just like her. Because Angie Harmon's voice is probably 80% of the whole package of hotness. Eventually, I'll figure out a way to strike up a conversation with her. If she does indeed sound like Angie Harmon, she may well end up in the crawl space in my basement. (The one I've been saving for Stephanie March.) At the moment, I've been a bit more focused on getting a photo of the 70's Porn Star, but maybe I should switch gears for a while. 


Mum thinks talking to Angie Harmon lookalike is more important than 70's Porn Star. I think Mum may in fact like women. At least some women. She seems abnormally fond of Kyra Sedgwick, which just proves that god is a sick bastard, as Kyra is married to He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. 


I wonder about Mum. I can't tell if she's oblivious to my nightly herbal sleep remedies, or if she just doesn't care. I do try to hide it as best as I can, but that has been difficult this past week. The supply I just got is quite a bit more potent than his usual stuff, and now everything I own reeks of drugs. 


I want a dragon. 


And now, I think we should all have a collective moment of silence for Cinnamon Brown's blog, which has been abandoned until further notice. I miss you, Cinna! 


Hope you're all having a good week so far. <3

34 comments:

  1. I wanna dragon too.. world of warcraft time! (I'm after a dragon mount =D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Multiple day binges suck. I had one last week and it's hard to forgive yourself for it, but best to get that whole self-forgiveness shit out of the way and move on to better things.
    I want a dragon tooooooo!!!!
    And I hope you're okay. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having a multiple day binge at the moment :/
    Haha I love your posts so much! They are so funny and I love the pictures!
    I want a dragon too!
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the picture of your cupboard the thing that struck me instantly was the picture of the girl scout cookies. Blurry as it was I instantly knew they were there. I could feel them.... That is a hard cupboard to resist sober my friend, let alone drunk.

    If that woman both sounds and acts like her, please kidnap. I will gladly pay admission to come and gawk at her. You may be able to quit your job and work full time!

    Love, love, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the title. Like four other girls on here have been having binge days, me included. So you aren't alone with that. I'm currently failing at life, but loving your blog. I love the pictures you make. mmm. I'm going to get some coffee and read more from you. Thanks for making my morning :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your advice regarding my current federal case worked like a charm.

    "I am just going to assume that since you haven't returned my call, this is all safe to disclose. Please let the City Attorney know that I will have a hard drive with all documents on his desk at 9 a.m. sharp."

    My cell was ringing in <5 minutes, just as you predicted!

    I'll bet you could fit Stephanie March AND Angie Harmon's doppelganger in the crawl space. You'd be amazed how compact they become when you remove the limbs first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you just want an excuse to hit on that chic, I can tell, don't lie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, I love your illustrations.

    I would die if there was such a pretty woman at my gym. There are pretty ladies, but most of them are quite a bit older and not in such great shape, which actually makes me pretty damn good looking in comparison.

    Stay out of the rain girl...

    And WTF is going on with Cinnamon???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when you blog. It always makes me giggle. Your sense of humor is silly! And it always seems like you try really hard to put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg your pantry...I would totally binge at your house O.O. I'm definitely going to read some of your writing as soon as I'm done with my classes this semester! Right now it's papers, presentations, and me hurrying to finish an assignment I procrastinated on...I guess that's the one bad thing about Blogger- it's great for procrastinating! I want a pet dragon too...I think they would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha I love your blog so much, it never fails to amuse and entertain me. gah that pantry looks evil! I'm so glad my mother is a freak and only buys "health" food.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I HAVE SUCH AN ANGIE HARMON BONER. AGLKHASDFLKHSDF

    I was pissed when Women's Murder Club got axed. lol geez

    I have a dragon on my farmville farm, if that counts for anything.

    lastly...give me your snacks. my pantry is full of asian shit that is unsnackable. rice wrappers?! nori?! furikake?! spices spices herbs herbs spices 10 kinds of vinegar!?! NO SNACKS!?!

    come share your abundance of noms. my starving ethiopian-esque hormones politely request it. :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. I die laughing when I look at your pictures. :D

    The cake looks not very...delicious so I cut it in pieces and covered it with chocolate so you can't see how it looks like, but a little like the picture I put in the post. Olny more chaotic.
    If you interested in the recipe I can translate it for you or show you the site I got it from - but it's in german ;D

    I'm glad that other people can't resist dough as well... I should eat gherkins or something spicy so the dough doesn't taste as good as I actually does. ;D

    btw, I'm following you know since last time I tried it my internet won't let me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah, I forgot to ask, your header says 'es ist alles über mich' which is german, so do you speak german?^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHY DO YOU KEEP REMINDING ME OF GIRL SCOUT COOKIES?!?!? :::gnaws fingers off in attempt to not eat remaining box of thin mints:::

    "But what about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner! Supper!"

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow urpantry is crazy my house alwasy have so much junk in it so i know what u feel hun

    ReplyDelete
  17. RAWR!!

    Dragons are awesome. If we can't have dragons, why can't they hurry the fuck UP with holodeck technology??

    I miss Cinnamon too. Her knitting gave me something to aspire to.

    Pardon the spazzy comment. Lots of coffee and doctors anxiety. FAAAAAAAAAAAARK!!

    Dammit go conversate with her so you can fill us in!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. So you probably have fifty million of those versatile blogger awards now, but I'm sending one more to you anyway.
    You can add it to your extensive collection, you lovely person, you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. my God your pantry has a lot of temptations in it, i would not survive. i'm the same when i drink... i'm avoiding drinking nowdays lol
    take care hun X

    ReplyDelete
  20. The first box got here today! :D It certainly LOOKS like it got caught in an earthquake, lol! I love the wool and the cards, however the music is yet to be listened to.

    FUCK I just wanna colour now instead of studying. Ugh, I NEED to get these bibliographies done by monday :'( Why am I doing this to myself again?

    There will be a new channel, and a Vlog about both your boxed *Squealy joy-dance of delight* Yeah, FB is kinda retarded like that. I shoulda just kept the channel workmates-free like the original intention -.-;

    Mum tried to kill me with Indian food. It feels like a fucking spicy baby hippo is lodged beneath my ribs. May I join you in Hindenburg-ing the hell out of Little India? Bloody hell.

    Love you so much you amazing wool-providing Dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww, Michie, you are most definately NOT a blimp, but you do make a cute one in your drawing!

    No offense, but Angie Harmon (or her character on L and O) makes my skin crawl. Ever since she put that you girl away for a minor offense and took her away from her baby...THEN decided it would be a good idea to try to get her to testfy against someone else...or something like that. What? This isn't real life?? Oh.

    By the way "Our" Dad is on the Law and Order reruns sometimes lately! i always think of you. :)

    Yes, sign me up for a dragon too. Right after i get my bat.

    Loves,
    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ummm, make that "young girl"!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks like my cupboard, except I have the most horrible thing for me to resist: crackers, specifically Wheat Thins.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm 4'11.. but in the morning I'm 5ft! xD
    I love you! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wahaha! I love your pics!
    And I can identify with the blimp one xD
    I want a dragon too!!
    Ooo Fairy Queen time!
    I'll try to keep an eye for any spelling or grammar oopsies but my brain tends to just ignore them when I get caught up in a story.
    And whaddya mean you need a title? What's wrong with "The Fairy Queen"? I mean I guess I can see how some might find it confusing since the fairies are actually trying to become the queen rather than trying to find the queen but I like how the title is a little strange that way.
    I guess I'm weird. No surprise there.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Done w Fairy Queen. Even skimmed the parts I already read to remind me of everything.
    MOAR MOAR MOAR! Want more! And awwwwww Saturnine and Davey.....hinty hint please maybe?
    I think I saw a few minor grammar oopsies, like a small word missing but I'll have to try harder. My brain just filled in the missing without a single pause so I could keep reading.
    MOAR!!
    *puppy eyes*
    Love it love it! And yay Underwood and I wanna spank Jackfairy!
    Sneaky imp!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that Pearlescent Dragon

    I made a post about the salad rolls with lots of pictures just for you
    hearts

    ReplyDelete
  28. I will fast after easter as well, though I can nearly eat what I want because I don't live with my parents anymore and for my family the holidays are no reason to cook alot of food. But I always want to eat, that's the problem(;
    maybe we can starte the fastcure at the same time?

    You might have noticed since the rest of my blog is in german, I am german, that's why I wondered about the sentence in the header. It's, well, not really wrong but nobody would say it that way becuase it's translated wort by word. If you want to say something like 'its all about me/mich' you would rahter say 'es geht nur um Mich'
    If you want to learn more german, I can help you. Also my blog is part English and maybe I will post more often in English now.(:

    ReplyDelete
  29. P.S.
    Your comment made me grin so much I nearly split my head in half. OMG YES I can use the wool!! *Does evil glee dance all over the house* You have no IDEA how envious the cronies at the NEV Squad were when I showed them the lot from the second box. Green all round! Muahahahahaaa!

    Lol, you make it sounds like I'm the demon offspring of a Saiyan and an Entelodont! *Glows blonde* RAAAAWRRRR! roflmao!

    Nah, I pay for all my own shit. NOT cool! Get a little subsidy for being a broke-ass student, but still gotta pay. Man, wouldn't it be nice if it was that simple! *Enters fantasy land*

    Lol, keep an eye on the horizon. I may pull a Kahutia Te Rangi and tame a whale to ride over to visit. You got a pool? Are your gay mates hot in dresses? Dralions turning into a dab hand at the mousing business, I'm sure she can pay her keep somehow. I'll have to do shows with my whale on street corners for cash.

    I hope you're having a good weekend. If not, sing out and I'll ride my whale to your rescue!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  30. *blush* Why thanking you :) And thanking you for letting me. Should hopefully be at the halfway mark over the next few days (and the second half shouldn't take as long).

    "and now everything I own reeks of drugs.
    I want a dragon."

    ^That's the best topic shift I've read all week. And reminds me that I want to watch The Flight of Dragons soon (youtube it. I'm sure it's on there. Played a big part of my childhood, that did). It also makes me remember that I still want a Luck Dragon (I have a labrador...that's kind of close, right?)

    I had no idea who Angie Harmon is, but I'm assuming she has some sort of alluring sex-voice. Good luck with getting her to your basement :)

    ps. I love that you carry a mini whoopee cushion. It makes me feel less weird.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I swear to god your psychic:D

    I binged today also, planing to fast tomorrow if you want to join me.

    As always, I love your illustrations.

    Right now I'm going through major Cinnamon withdrawal :(

    Effy
    ----
    Hunger xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. I also want a dragon.

    I had an internship in New Jersey a couple years ago and OMG WAWA. I had never been in one before then. They are fricken dangerous, let me tell you. They ought to have warning signs and hazard tape.

    I do lots of hydroacoustics work--basically sonar stuff; we send out pulses of sound into the water and then map the echoes. As far as aquatic sampling goes, it's quite tame (no fish slime/blood/guts/etc. We do that stuff too, but not this time).

    Believe me, though, there are definitely moments when I am freezing my ass off and we still have 3 more sites to go with 10 transects per site that I think longingly of an office job. And electric blankets. And space heaters.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am fairly sure we should get married. :D
    You can make me laugh all day long!
    <3

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.