Friday, April 22, 2011

Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively verbalizing.

I started this around midnight last night. Was going to just delete it because I think it's mostly rubbish, but there's a certain raw, straight-from-my-subconscious feel about it. So I'll leave it posted. 
There is, however, a disclaimer--I DO NOT agree with, condone, or wish to promote any of the self-destructive behaviors I talk about in this post. I know it's wrong. I know I should not be doing these things. But I do them anyway. If y'all have even the smallest shred of common sense, you will not follow in my zigzagging footsteps.


I can't sleep.


o.O


Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh


I don't understand how I can be high as a kite on the sleeping pills (100 mg diphenhydramine, 25 mg doxylamine) and yet I still can't sleep. I don't want to dig into my Xanax supply, because I like hoarding the good stuff. 


Feck.


I'm  trying to catch up on all the blogs I'm following (like 300ish?). An impossible number to keep up with on a regular basis, so I am sorry if I don't get a chance to comment on your blogs as often as I'd like. I generally go through my commenters first--seems fairest. So if you think I'm ignoring you, feel free to come yell at me, and I will stop. ;)


This ad almost made me wet myself laughing:


Just the bit with the rainbow. ON FIRE!!


OMG I need sleep.


One more night of house sitting, and then I can finally go home. I don't know why I agree to do this every year. All it does is stress me out because their dogs SUCK with the barking and vomiting and lack of proper house training. It also makes me extremely aware of the fact that I should never live alone. I've only been in friend's house for a week (as of today, Friday since it's past midnight) and I am completely and totally indulging in the worst of my habits:
- I have not eating anything solid since Sunday night. During the day, I have coffee, and carry around a Spiru-Tein shake for when I feel weak or faint, and have soup at night if I feel brave. I have not gone over 300 calories all week.
- Despite the lack of intake, I've been working out like normal. 45 minutes to an hour on friend's exercise bike every evening, plus power-walking around the neighbourhood.
- I recently came into a new supply of vitamins* as well, hence being able to work out that much on so little nourishment. I'm having some trouble breathing through my nose.
- Oxycontin does not make you vomit like morphine and oxymorphone do. 
- Since the dogs barked until 3.30 AM on Monday night, I ended up taking a lot of xanax and then slept for 14 hours. Somehow I managed to get up at 7.30 and text Boss that I was sick without being consciously aware of doing so at the time.
- I haven't spoken to anyone other than people at work and my mother since Sunday.


As much as I do enjoy solitude, there is a big difference between having lots of quiet alone time and actually living alone. The closest I ever came to living alone was my third year in Philadelphia. I really hated it there at that point. I had wanted to come home after the fall semester, but the 'rents said absolutely not--finish the year, and then you can think about transferring to a local college. 


My roommate pretty much lived in the printmaking studios at school, so I spent the spring semester of 2005 skipping classes, not speaking to anyone, and spending most of my time shut in my room bouncing between marijuana, OTC sleeping pills, the occasional black tar opium, percocets, and vodka. And alternately binge-eating and starving. That was also when I started cutting again after 4 years of self harm sobriety. When I went home for a long weekend in the beginning of May, just before finals, I must have looked like a total trainwreck because Mum was like HOLY FECK, what the hell is wrong with you?!?


There was no more "discussion" or "maybes" about transferring colleges after that. I went fleeing back to New Jersey before finals were even over. (I hadn't bothered to do most of my final assignments anyway, so there was no point in sticking around).


So yeah I think I'm a bit of a danger to myself if left completely isolated. Like a pig--they can turn from domesticated farm pigs into wild pigs in less than a year if they escape (it's nuts; they're whole appearance changes in a really short time--there was a National Geographic documentary on it).


At home, even though I spend a good deal of time alone doing my own thing, I have my cat, and Mum and Little Sis living there, which keeps me social and forces me to interact with other humans on a regular basis. And Mum keeps me in check without being overbearing (most of the time) so I don't completely fall off the anorexic-pill popping-self harming cliff edge. This happy environment keeps me mostly sane.


But when left completely alone and isolated, it's amazing how quickly my mental health disintegrates.


Just like a farm-raised pig released into the wild. 


..... Xanax was taken after that. And I actually had  a good night's sleep!


Home to all my creature comforts in a few hours. I never appreciate Home as much as when I'm away from it. Mum is taking me out to Esty Street tonight, because she knows I had a rubbish week. As terrifying as dinner out can be, I'm not that scared. Esty Street is pretty fancy delicious fine dining, so I will allow more than my usual consumption for that. Plus since I haven't' really eaten anything all week, it's about bloody time I had a decent meal.


The girl weenie dog is humping the boy. I'm a bit disturbed by this. 


Hope you're all handling the upcoming Easter holiday ok. I plan to allow myself a little Easter candy. And we're having our usual morning fry-up, plus dinner at Step-mom's parent's. I pretty much only eat meat for Easter, so since it's carb-free I figure it won't be too bad. 
We do a serious fry-up for brunch--all stuff from the supermarket that carries the Irish meat (proper sausage and rashers, and my ultimate favourite: BLACK PUDDING :D)

And then step-grandmother always does a rack of lamb for an early dinner.
So yeah I refuse to get over-anxious. 


Have a happy Easter weekend, my luvs!

27 comments:

  1. I've been wondering how you have been doing. Your isolation sounds a lot like me when I am isolated. I also don't shower. Even the cat won't come near me.

    Also yesterday while shopping I saw a My Little Pony DVD and I thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL-my word verification for my last comment was "swine"

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahaha, I love the animal part drawings. I love the taste of lamb, but I can't eat it. Eating it makes me cry. Damn Buddhist side. Anyway, I don't eat babies, or much meat. My fix at home is cake and bread for easter. eep. Loved the post, stay strong

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've had one hell of a week.
    It is weird how much you can change when left alone, I'm exactly the same way. Hence the reason I just can't seem to move away from home. My sister & dad keep me alive I'm sure of it.

    I'm jealous of your xanax & oxy. I went through my phone last night texting old drug dealers trying to find goodies...no luck:(, settled with a lot of liquor & a muscle relaxer I've never heard of haha

    I'm glad you're back home! And glad you're going to eat something,finally:p! Be careful xx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha I am loving the cat in the first picture, it just has the greatest expression. lol the no drugs sign is a nice touch too. The second picture is just fabulous all around, you're always so entertaining.
    I've wondered what I'll be like when I live alone.. I'm thinking I might end up going the farm-raised pig route as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weirdly, I do better in isolation. Most other people make me feel not-OK about myself. Probably just as well that I never leave the house. I have terrible 'mensvrees' (fear of people)!

    I hate house sitting, too. I take comfort from being at home. Even though it's small and not filled with ostentatious things, it's mine and it makes me feel safe.

    I'm sorry you've not been sleeping. Grant would say: "You need to be rocked to sleep, darling, with a very big rock! " I struggle to sleep in a room or bed that isn't mine. I hope your regular sleeping patterns or more return soon. For the record, I'm not wild about duck-hounds either!

    Hope you enjoy your din-dins with mum, you deserve! <3. XXX.

    P.S. That D.Q. ad is very warped, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "We have rainbows on fire...because Diary Queen is THAT gay! Now, buy our mini Blizzard!" <-- I had too :) You sound like you've had a pretty interesting week! Great job on the intake by the way- that's awesome! I guess those 'vitamins' really help out a lot! I wouldn't like living on my own, not because of drugs or anything like that, but because I would turn into a paranoid freak who hoards weapons (not that there's anything wrong with hoarding weapons!). I had to stay home alone one night and every sound I heard freaked me out- I almost slept with a few knives that night. At least when there's other people at my house, I know that if some psycho serial killer rapist breaks in, it'll be 3 to 1 instead of me fending for myself!

    Hope you have an awesome Easter weekend! Those animals- I mean, meals sound delicious! Makes me glad I'm not vegetarian anymore because I love me some bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your illustrations! So detailed and in pretty much every post too! Hope Easter goes ok... I hate holidays but sounds like you deserve this one:)

    Xo Hana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bahahaha, rainbow on fire...
    That meat has some serious cuteness going on. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry about being alone. I know that where I live, it's practically in the middle of nowhere and my head gets a little crazy quite often. Our house also has evil spirits though, I'm convinced. I'm sorry you've been missing your home environment, and please be careful with all of those medicines. I know that all I could ever consider is lighting up, maybe some aderall to keep my eating down. But be careful, because it would be bad to lose you to something so silly as medicine :/
    Have fun tonight! And have fun this weekend! Happy Easter! haha, I've never really celebrated Easter. In all honesty I never realized it was all that big. Like I didn't realize families had fancy dinners and all that. I thought it was just a day to "take note of". Like I've seen the candy and easter baskets and all, but I dunno. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in a mostly Jewish household.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I fall apart on my own as well. I do every drug I can get my hands on (which is not that much different than when I'm not alone, but whatever,) never exercise or clean or get any work done, and I can barely work up the energy to shower, which is gross.
    Is it bad that looking at the animals you will be eating for Easter made me REALLY hungry?

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG....not a hater but yuuuck to the animals and wth is black pudding? Am I the one living under a rock...? Oh, wait, haha......yes I am. We all are in ways I suppose. Hilarious post as always, glad u got some sleep.

    Send some pharmies my way.....ive been up for days..... :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's scary to me to think that i used to plan on moving out of my parents house into my own place by myself before i met the man who is now my husband. I don't even want to imagine what would have gone on with no one to keep me at least semi-sane. My biggest plan was to have an entirely empty kitchen and a lot of alcohol... Good lord, we are like farm pigs that can turn into wild ones in less than a year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha that ads hell funny, is that really a tv ad or is it just a joke?
    sounds like a long week, and i pity you for having to look after a spewy yappy dog.
    hope you enjoy your Easter
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute Lamb!
    Oh...wait.

    ;]

    Have a great Easter, hun'

    Gosh knows, you deserve it.

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've had my easter egg already. The nasty Aussie chocolate egg that came with my MLP mug! It tasted nasty :( Next year I think I'll get myself an egg that at least TASTES good!

    Ok: You should NEVER housesit that place again. FFS get back home and save your mind! D:

    Oh yeah: You're totally invited to my Dad's Christmas Morning Fry-Ups. Lambs fry&bacon, venison sausages, black pudding and some form of farm kill chops. Mum also cranks out her fruit, nut and cheese platter of DOOM to nibble on while you wait for your tasty murder to finish cooking on the BBQ. We need at least ONE day a year to experience the finer side of cuisine, right?

    Lol, I'm gonna watch that ad a few more times. We have rainbows. . . on FIRE!!

    Love you *Glomps*

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like being alone but i fall into bad habtis when im alone as well moslty my purging goes thru the rough when im aline
    hang in there hun ur almost thru the house sitting

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. You have certianly had a week of it...sorries...amd damn those weenie dogs! i thought i was having it rough!

    Loves your pictures though, Sweetie...and hope your Easter goes well...sounds like a mighty feast, which you certianly deserve!

    Am VERY jealous of your Vitamins! Starting Sunday night i stop the ETOH,(and hopefully watch weight go down!) except for weekends, so i will be in quite a state, i imagine...with all that is happening...could use a few pills...HA!

    Black Pudding, eh? Well, you enjoy while i throw up in my mouth...hee.

    Loves,
    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  19. AWww :( Sorry hun. I couldn't ever live by myself either, I'd completely lose it.
    Hope you have a good Easter! I will be spending my easter working :/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I lub me some Spiru-tein. Banana please. ;)
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's takes a bit of time, but yeeah, you do throw up after you have oxy (Like an hour or more so).
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I suppose it was tortured, but it made for a good time-killer. Try to get some sleep, hun, and stay strong =]
    I figure you're fine to eat something at dinner with your mom, just don't lose it like I did lol.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm the same. I always crave solitude, but when left to my own devices I go batshit crazy. There has to be some kind of happy middle place between solitude and having to tolerate other people.

    Hope things are better now you're home, love. Thanks for all your wonderful messages, sorry I've been absent. You are fucking radcore, and I completely inappropriately worship your dainty form.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. THE CAPTCHAS ARE TALKING TO ME AGAIN! I just had to type "calmi". OH MY GOD. THE INTERNET KNOWS HOW TENSE I AM.

    ReplyDelete
  25. "RELEMAN"?!?!?! Or, REALLY, MAN?

    HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

    Ok, I'll stop now. It's late here too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. ANA REGZIG JUST POSTED!!

    In other news...I can identify with the being alone=bad.
    I hate living alone. I've housesat by myself and I always get painfully depressed. Last time I left the TV on just to hear human voices.
    And it was a marathon of old The Simple Life episodes. Eeks!

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.