Saturday, April 9, 2011

If the good Lord had intended us to walk, he wouldn't have invented roller-skates.

Since I have accumulated more versatile blogger awards, I thought I'd do like I did last time and dissect another bag. In this case, my second purse. This one--while I don't carry it around with me like I would my normal purse--is always nearby, whether it be under my desk at work, migrating around the house, or just chillin' in my car. 


Mostly I keep it with me because my current writing projects are in it, and I'm paranoid about leaving them anywhere in case I should suddenly be struck with a brilliant idea and find myself sans notebooks or pens. 


1.) That notebook contains book #3 in the pirate series; as well as the beginning of book #4; some notes on books 2, 3, and 4; notes on possible spin-offs; and a folder of more notes, and badly drawn maps. 


2.) Emergency food (mostly for work): some V8's and a cup o' soup. Needs replenishing...


3.) Pens and highlighters.


4.) Tea and coffee.


5.) Mini notebook, for ideas not directly related to any fiction projects.


6.) Random bits of books that I'm not really focusing on, but that are nonetheless still "in progress."


7.) One of my adult fiction projects--10 Ways To Tell If Your Cat Is About To Vomit.


8.) Notes for random kids book ideas.


9.) The Fairy Queen, which is almost finished. 


10.) The random crap floating around in the bottom of the bag: a Yu-Gi-Oh card I was using as a bookmark, my notary embosser, sticker from a stationery set, spare packet of Splenda, paperclip, hair ties, postal receipt for my taxes, Swedish fish, a rock (?), and a mini whoopee cushion (I have no idea). 


This past week went by really fast. I think this may be due to the fact that I was hopped up on lorazepam for most of it. Other Secretary bought office supplies, which means she restocked our office with giant jars of peanut butter-filled pretzels. 


They taunt me.


Even if I try to ignore them. That jar of pretzels gets a sick, sadistic pleasure in telekinetically destroying my willpower.


And I can't fight it. As hard I try to ignore the pretzels, that jar wears down my defenses.


And eventually I snap.


10 pretzels = 140 calories. Not horrendous. But can I stop at 10?


OF COURSE I CAN'T BLOODY WELL STOP AT 10.
Or 20. 
Or 30. 


You get the idea.


So once I give in to that first peanut butter-filled piece of heaven, the day is ruined. By the time I'm finished work at 5.00, I'm bloated and guilt-ridden, and irritable. 


In order to combat the Jar of Pretzels, I must take sedatives.


Sometimes this makes me feel like a sad, pathetic individual. 


Hope you're all having a good weekend, my honey-bunches! I'm off to go get drunk for friend's birthday. :D

20 comments:

  1. I know the evil of the peanut butter pretzels, they've definitely turned their heinous telekinetic powers on me before as well.
    Have fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bag! Check out all that stuff! Impressive, Mich!

    Fucking pretzel-bastards! I hope the other secretary gets a moustache, like over night!

    Hope you have fun at the party and have one for me. Love you! <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha I feel the same way about our kindergarten snack corner!!! there is a huge jar of pretzels, a mega box of goldfish, boxes of cinnamon graham crackers, ritz crackers, oreos and juice pouches...and lurking in our class fridge: cheese sticks. fml.

    I have resorted to hoarding pumpkin seeds and mini chocolates. My work station looks like a starving ethiopian is using my area to collect rations. :/ lol

    I was at the gym when you texted, miss lady. I would have texted you back more promptly, but I was exorcising my 30th bday blues on the weight machines. eee!

    I love your purse pictures. I posted a pic of my nightstand on twitter once and thought of you...haha
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA I fucking hate those peanut butter pretzels. Like, why do they make it in such a large jar?! That's a horrible attempt at portion-sizing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have 2 bags that you carry with you? That's awesome! I need a much bigger one because small purses just don't supply enough room. I need one big enough to fit notebooks in as well because I like to have something handy when an idea hits! When I'm on summer break- I'm definitely going to have to read some (all) of your fiction! I hate it when the Boss brings food/candy in for us girls at my job. There's been a huge sack of milk duds/mini kit-kats/whoppers there for the past week and I've eaten so much of that chocolate it's disgusting! I try to resist...but it's like you and the pretzels- I can only resist for so long until I give in! I've never had pb-filled pretzels before, but I bet I could devour a jar of them as well! I hope you're having a great weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fckn love the pictures in this post! :D
    The problem is very well-known... I alway try to give some of the sweets to friends so I can't eat all of them.(;

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those fucking pretzels destroyed my attempt and eating decently over my road trip. I curse them and I curse the broad that bought them. They are satan's turds, I'm convinced. Nothing else could be that tempting.

    I love digging through your purse, there's so much interesting stuff in there. It's kind of like that when I did through the stuff on my dorm floor.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see more cartoons. Ahhh lorazepam days...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear god. I've never been so happy to work with large, unappetizing chunks of cured animal flesh IN MY LIFE D:

    Thanks for the comment. Ugh, the aggressor in the situation was drunk too, but still sober enough to go get their victim YET MORE booze to ensure pliability. Fuckwad.

    Ok, so obviously a postal worker eviscerated the parcels and has buried the evidence somewhere.

    Rofl, Dralion looks foward tot he weekly Warehouse junkmail, it's her favorite toy, the silly furball! Ink used to love the Critic, but I don't bother collecting that shit each week since Tailgunner stopped writing his Proctology column.

    Have a good Monday tomorrow, love. I hope the office is pretzel-free BEFORE you get there ^.- Hmm, wanna come work with me for a day? I promise you that picking warmed ham fat and luncheon meat out from under your nails when cleaning the slicer is a DEFINITE appetite-killer!

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. After reading this post, i clicked on the fairy queen link out of interest and was subsequently glued to my screen for 45 minutes. it is great! (I didn't do my English and maths homework to read it, and i always do my homework. well, most of the time anyway (: )
    I cant wait till it's finished, i want to know what happened! (: Maybe you should change profession and start selling your books instead (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, the peanutbutter pretzels sound soooo good...and soooo evil! Love the pic's you made...hate the pretzels evil ways with you!

    The contents of your purse and now bag never cease to fascinate me...my purse is total dullsville! Have read your writing and agree with Maigre...time to look for an agent!

    xoxoxo,
    tracy

    PS Tappy says Hello! Whinney!

    ReplyDelete
  12. my english tutor has pb filled pretzels, why do those frikken things exist! *EVIL*. :P. and damn girl, i wish i wrote like you. its a wonderful talent. <3 stay lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never would have been able to resist either, so don't feel too bad! lol

    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so into your writing. Have you ever gotten anything published? If so, let me know how you even begin to go about that because i've always wanted to get one of my "novels" published, but never had a clue of how to do so.
    Those peanut butter pretzels are bitches like that. I never let anyone buy peanut butter pretzels when i was living at my mom's house, but yet i'd still get the craving and get the bag of normal pretzels with a jar of peanut butter and eat waaaay too much. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot stand peanut butter. YUCK. However, I know from experience that if those peanut butter pretzels were in my office they would be gone in about 0.3 nanoseconds.

    Thank god all my office mates are male and never bring in food to share! (Except the one random time with the doughnuts.)

    I keep meaning to go read the excerpts from your current fiction projects link. As soon as work calms down a bit, I swear I will.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love so much your blog ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahahahhahah xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow your writing is so clear. Pretty.
    Yay at #9!! I am going bonkers not knowing what happens next.

    And love the cartoons as always. And while I don't really like pretzels, I do love peanut butter stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  19. chillax bdays are for sissies! you gotta have mishaps to make a bday hardcore!
    lol

    thanks so much for the compliments and well wishes. :)

    I posted my nightstand for you.

    <3

    p.s. chuck norris is watching you while you pee.
    O_O

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my God. I love you. It's as simple as that. I'm so glad you're still here! And even MORE hilarious. :D
    Though I didn't know pretzals were that high calorie! My grandmother keeps them at her house for me. Luckily I'm only tempted twice a week by them!
    And BRILLIANT idea about the bag dissection. Very cool insight.
    <3

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.