Monday, October 10, 2011

Eight-year-olds, Dude.

Not much to report this Monday evening... I've been trying to put fun posts together--one going in-depth into my hoarding; with lots of photos; and another that will be somewhat ridiculous and I'm not spoiling the surprise. :D


I went to the Fall Festival up in Sugar Loaf, NY yesterday. There were some fun vendors, and of course all the lovely shops (Sugar Loaf is my one of my favourite places ever; I'd love to live there). I bought a pretty purple cardigan, and friend and I shared a crabby patty (basically a grilled crab cake on a bun--delicious). 


And then right before we left we decided to go into this new hobby shop, as I had not explored it yet. There were lots of Star Trek things, and model train sets and stuff like that (and an air conditioner, which we desperately needed at that point because it was an unholy temperature out yesterday even though it's bloody October). And then on the way out, I nearly had a stroke. 


At least, my friends T. and C. thought so, or that I had been attacked or stabbed. Because I happened to glance at the table of stuff on sale outside and saw this:


A Frank Black (Lance's character in Millennium) action figure. I had no idea such a thing existed. He was only ever in one episode of the X-Files


Now I know I shouldn't be spending money on silly unnecessary things, but you try and tell me that action figure is unnecessary and I may have to hurt you. 


I was like a little kid hen I got home, too. Simply could not contain my excitement. I just HAD to show SOMEONE my new toy, so I went flying into the living room to show Mum, shrieking "OHMYGODLOOKWHATIGOT!!!


I think I scared her a little. 


The first couple packages of things shall go out tomorrow!! And hopefully a new [real] post tomorrow or Wednesday. Until then, my sweets, I bid you adieu. <3

16 comments:

  1. :] glad you had a lovely time, and that you got something super amazing that you never even knew existed!

    Yay for cardigans for Fall!! Sweater weather<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i'm with everybody else here. I have no clue what made you feel so excited about that action figure. Now if it was a an Alf action figure, that would be a whole different story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't cha love when you find something you've always wanted -- even if you never even knew it existed? Huge win for you!

    Also, good move by the hobby shop for not taking the AC out yet. I packed away all three of ours weeks ago. D'oh!

    We shall definitely meet up some time for free movie viewing. Tuesdays may be problematic, as I have no idea where I'm going or how to get there. And the days are shorter now, which adds a a degree of difficulty. But we'll figure it out. Afternoon matinees, maybe? Ah, but you have a JOB. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know they made X files action figures! That's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome action figure! It IS important! I don't collect figures but I wish I owned it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always exciting when little gifts appear in front of us out of the blue. It almost feels like they were meant especially for us.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! This action figure is so damn neccessary!!! Love it. What is it with mums getting scared of such things? I just told my mum I wanted the playmobil "pirate treasure cave"-advent calender and she was like: O.o ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great time! I love treasure hunting like that... one of my favorite things in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha man, sounds like you had a great time with your friend... that action figure sounds the most exciting, I love finding treasures like that unexpectedly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Action figure so very cool and absolutely necessary! i don't know what i would do without you, Mich! You make me smile!

    Hasidic Plumber Does a stuffy Alf count?...We have one here, somewhere........

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to see the hoarding photos :s

    ReplyDelete
  12. i wish i could afford to do fun stuff

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha. You're so cute. I get excited when I find Harry Potter stuff. Like the old toys from like... years ago. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sometimes I wish I could see you through your mum's eyes hehe... I wonder what she thinks of the antics of wonderful crazy person we've all come to love! <3

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.