Turns out my cats did not have fleas.
My f*cking apartment did.
I had this whole long thing I had started to write, but I really don't have the energy, so here's what's been happening in the exciting life of Mich:
- I have more or less moved back in with Mumsy. Until last weekend, I had not returned to the hobbit hole for two weeks.
- On Sunday, I discovered there are so many fleas in my apartment, you can't go inside for more than 5 minutes without coming back out COVERED in them.
- My landlord says he didn't see any fleas at all when he went in. He therefore refuses to do anything other than spray some (non-toxic) stuff. Which means everything in the apartment is now garbage because he flat out refuses to bomb it.
- HE ADMITTED THEY HAVE HAD FLEAS IN THAT APARTMENT BEFORE.
- Following that conversation (during which landlord also hinted that I may not get my security deposit back), I turned into a hysterical sobbing mess at work.
(- Several minutes later, I had all four attorneys in the building come into my office telling me to calm down because I work for lawyers and obviously this sort of behaviour from landlord will result in a huge motherf*cker lawsuit.)
- My ability to cope with things in general died by late afternoon. Attempted to drive up to church to help out with VBS (which doesn't end until Friday), but only made it as far as some commuter lot off 17A and cried for like an hour.
- Emptied my purse and evaluated all the pills in my possession. Contemplated taking all of the xanax and valium. Sat there debating it for half an hour before deciding not to because I didn't have enough pills to kill me.
- Arrived home at 8.30. Mum has decided I need to go back to the shrink.
- Dadum and Stepmom called and asked for landlord's number, because obviously they're not treating their tenants right and it's time for Your Father to take care of things.
(-Stepmom believes men should always handle crisis-type tings. At the present time, I agree with her.)
-Today I just feel tired, and numb (possibly a result of the xanax--I have started taking it regularly so as to deplete my supply in an attempt to avoid taking all of it at once).
- Hobbit hole situation is now in the hands of Dad, who is trying to get landlord to agree to have an exterminator of our choosing come in and evaluate the flea situation. We will go forward from there, based on landlord's response.
This blog is probably going to go quiet for a while. I don't know for how long.