Little Bro does, too. Solving that sh*te in 15 minutes in his head.
>:(
.....
I'm a bit drunk. I'm also a bit anxiety-ridden.
I decided that I don't like using the word "fast" to describe one of the common things that I do when under stress. To me, fasting means consuming nothing at all except water, and it is generally done for religious purposes, or right before blood work. "Fasting" means you have some kind of goal in mind--something you wish to accomplish either physically or intellectually.
We'll call it Not Eating. For me, Not Eating reduces anxiety. My "fasting" means the only calories I consume come from the half & half in my coffee, or the occasional sip of protein shake or something similar. The total stays around 200 calories per day. I may have one of these things right before a workout, if I don't have enough energy for the elliptical, but that only bumps the daily cals to 250.
This week:
Monday - 150, no exercise
Tuesday - ~260, 1 hr on elliptical (520 cals burned)
Wednesday - ~200, 1 hr on elliptical (505 cals burned)
Thursday - ~180, 45 mins light walking
Friday (today) - easing back into food (~800 cals), 40 mins on elliptical (250 cals burned)
This is kind of unhealthy.
DUH.
None of my other stress-relief methods are healthy either (drugs, cutting, cigarettes, nail/skin shredding, etc.). I need to find healthy ways to deal with stress. Because this mega-starve thing is part of a stave-binge pattern that is making me crazy.
Will work on that and report back with my findings...
At least one healthy security blanket: my fav episode of Millennium.
(They have it on the internet! :D)
The next post may feature something exciting, with a giveaway of random stuff...
<3
Are those G bars any good? i've been trying to find a protein bar that a) won't bankrupt my unemployed ass, and b) wont make me vom
ReplyDeleteSome stress relief suggestions:
boxing/kickboxing
arts/crafts/cartoon drawing
reading books, esp. on a porch swing or hammock
those squeezeball thingies
more brainteasers
lol...any of those sound appealing to you?
RANDOM STUFF GIVEAWAY?! Ich will es!
ReplyDeleteI'm half asleep, to to your part-drunken post: cheer up charlie. The food looks fine, I think it's a good idea to ease back into food now. I think say no to cereal though. You know what it does to us cereal starved ones. 0_o Love you lots, have a great day tomorrow, fellow crazy! :D
I have a love/hate relationship with brain teasers. I love them because they're interesting, but I hate them because they make me feel like I'm dumb when I can't solve them!
ReplyDeleteI feel the exact same way about fasting- that term to me also means religious fasting, abstaining for food because you need God (or whoever one worships) to help you with something. I always felt weird using the word "fasting" in replace of starving or something. I like "not eating" so much better!
You've had such an awesome week- nice job! I wish my week was as great as yours! My stress relief- well, I hate the word "stress" because I associate that with old people who have high blood pressure- I like the term "worry" instead. My worry relief comes in the form of listening to music, dancing like a stupid person alone in my living room, reading, and watching House. I should use exercise as a form of worry relief but I've been lazy this summer >.<
And I'm a sucker for random stuff giveaway :) Your Italian Peachy has a lovely spot on my dresser ♥.
nothing we do is healthy ppl might saying my exercising is but um yeah no im addcited its bad
ReplyDeleteTry Yoga it sounds lame but once you do a class (not the dvds) you feel mega relaxed and "healthy" all day so won't feel stressed about eating xx
ReplyDeleteI want random stuff! :D
ReplyDeleteThis sounds so fucking random, but do you have any tips on how to enjoy the feeling of hunger? It's something I need to get used to. x_X
Thanks for linking to that ep. When I get back from work I'll have to watch it. ^_^
My fav solution for anxiety is alcohol too! But it sounds like you could benefit from some xanax love!
ReplyDeleteP.S. mimosas for dinner tonight!
Anyone else think of the god of cake cartoon from hyperbole and a half when they saw this title?
ReplyDeleteAnyway....I think most of us are there with ya. Binging and starving as stress relief. I know I do. Binging feels more immediate sometimes. It takes hours to get the empty stomach, but a stuffed stomach can be reached in like 20 mins.
I put a page on my blog of stuff that makes mme smile, and many links work on my phone so I use that.
Celebrity gossip is fun for me and Dlisted has a mobile version and he's often funny. I don't even know the name of Cynthia Nixon's wife cuz he calls her Rojo Caliente and he was over the moon when Rojo had a baby. He loves redheads (respect the ginge!) And he drools over Prince Hot Ginge (Prince Harry? I know his face....I think his name is Harry.)
I also kill Sims sometimes. I make Sims based on people who annoy or harass me and starve/burn/drown them. Sometimes I electroculte them but that one's alway so iffy. Guinea Pig Disease is fun tho.
Yeah, not eating and over exercising helps my anxiety too. A lot which is good on the anxiety side of things because that gets quite bad, but bad because obviously I am not eating and over exercising.
ReplyDeleteI'm not keen on calling not eating or starving really, fasting. Fasting is what I have to do before bloods (ugh) and isn't much of a choice.
x
Oh, Dear Mich, i am writing this to you while a bit(?) drunk too....i must get myself back to Virginia and get back some control....but, there waits MIL and, as DH put it ".....her big pass around bottle of wine." Yay! i must get back the control i once had! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or be a FATTY forever......
ReplyDeleteRiddles, yay, hurray...blerg...it's the Norweigian, yes? Total guess.., obviously!
i love you and your blog,missy,
tracy
Hmm... cake or death? I'll have a large slice o' death, please! Ta!
ReplyDeleteAs for the brainteaser, I was like: "Dude, fuck you, I wear heels bigger than your dick, you ugly, walleyed, pikey bastard!" Yeah, I'm inna mood! The prerequisite for doing brainteasers is you must have a brain. Must be why I suck sideways at 'em!
I wish I had some advice on healthy stress relief. People tell me rosary beads help for anxiety. They chant an affirmation or a prayer for each bead. I dunno, I'm the wrong one to ask. I use the 'Stepford Wife' method of burying everything deep inside and never letting anyone know it's there, least of all me! I'll probably explode and go totally postal one day! Watch the headlines: "Dull South African woman loses the plot. 357000 DEAD!!!"
I hope things get better soon, M. I'm thinking of you and love you to bits. <3. XXX.
Cool Blog- I will be back and often
ReplyDeletePlease take a minute & visit my blog.(Ineed more followers)
http://ismanthyhere.blogspot.com
Thanks
Mark
I was thinking this morning that I really want to send you and Cinnamon some jam... just because you're awesome... would you prefer strawberry, bluberry/cherry, or grape?
ReplyDeleteGirl, you need to pick up knitting to help with the stress! It's super therapeutic and then you have something to show for all of your efforts when it's all over. Another thing I was thinking, if you would ever like to visit just to get away from your fam for a weekend after I'm all settled down in Virginia (it's about 4.5 hours from where I live in NJ), you are more than welcome, and I could give you a knitting lesson, if you so desire :)
I certainly won't harp on the food thing, as there's no sense giving you a dose of guilt on top of the anxiety. But how can you be drunk and anxious? I find that the more I drink, the less anxious about everything I become, even stuff I should rightly be anxious about.
ReplyDeleteAnxiety makes us do kooky things, At least millenium helps..
ReplyDeleteHope you can feel better.