Sunday, July 24, 2011

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts....

I really need to just shut up. 


To be more precise, I really need to shut up when I'm not sober. Or perhaps I need to just not drink. 


I can't lie when I'm drunk. That part of my brain just shuts down completely. I can try, but in the end, I can only speak the truth. Sometimes the blunt, unforgiving kind of truth. 


Thankfully none of the blunt offensive kind of truth-telling took place last night. BUT now two people know about my crush on the boy. >:(


Mum knows I can't lie drunk. When we go out to dinner sometimes on weekends, it's the same pattern over and over and over ad nauseum. 


I try to stick to diet soda. 
And thus not reveal any of my secrets to Mum, who wields one's secrets and deepest dreams and desires like nuclear weapons. 

But a glass of wine always seems so nice and pleasant. So I end up caving in.
Every mother-effing time. 

Mum knew something was bothering me, as I mentioned a few days ago, but she didn't know all the details. 
Well she bloody well knows now. 

And a few other tidbits about myself that I prefer to keep private, because they'll only come back to haunt me via ridicule at the hands of my mother and her friends. 

And then on the way home from dinner, I was texting a few friends to see if they wanted to come over today (Sunday) to partake in the fruits of my mad skills with the barbecue. I invited Friend who is cousins with the crush. We were chatting for a bit, and then me--drunk/stupid/insane--casually said why doesn't she invite her cousin?
-_______________________-

I know, right? I'm so subtle. 

No word yet on whether or not he's coming. I'll keep y'all posted. I'm going to go take some vitamins* and run it off. 
<3

26 comments:

  1. HA! first comment is mine! bwahahahaha
    I have the same issue with alcohol, and it is made worse by the fact that I get drunk with a glass of anything that has >3% alcohol in it. Actually might even be cough syrup.

    Whatever, if people know it means something will happen and not always is bad news. Plus, from the previous posts I can tell the guy actually likes you, so...

    I want your vitamins* too. Badly. Like really need a workout boost.

    Much love

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could comment on every single sentence in this post, but I'll condense it and just say that you are genuinley a genius and should be made a king. Or queen, or superhero, whatever floats your boat. Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I alternate between the angry drunk and the sentimental drunk, it depends on the state I was in before the alcohol. Mothers should not possess the power of truth serum. At least in spy shows there are antidotes...

    Making moves to act on crush = maybe something good will happen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have NO IDEA how often I sing that coconuts song! I'm a very overly-affectionate drunk. :P

    And cheer up! Maybe your friend will help set you up with her cousin. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the title! It's true, you do!

    My mother was much the same. And she wondered why we stopped telling her about our lives! Don't want anything we've spilled to be twisted around and then to come back and bite us in the arse!

    I really hope the boy shows and that you have a great workout! Love you so! <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mothers tactics seem very deadly... for you. She knows your weakness!!!
    But I am the same 80% of the time when I am drunk... I just don't know when to shut the f up

    I hope the boy turns up!!!
    good luck
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, the pictures are brilliant XD
    i hope the barbecue goes well!

    lots of love
    xXxXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Subtlty doesn't get you anywhere, it will either go somewhere or not go somewhere. The subtle person is just delaying the ultimate happiness/ heartbreak that will eventually come.
    In short, GO MICH! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. many drunk people can't lie...
    I love your draws aaa...always cool (:
    Stay Strong.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahaha...sooooo glad this doesn't happen to me when I drink. most people can't even tell the difference between drunk and sober me, except that I fuck up words. last time I got tipsy, I said 'skillets' instead of 'skittles' and then got distracted by how funny the sentence was because of the malapropism.

    come hang out with me in my mom free zone!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't lie when drunk either. I think that is evident haha. Well I can lie, it's just I don't like to lie when drunk.
    I am so much more honest though. I don't appear drunk, I just become more truthful in my replies to people and most of the time it is funny, but there is that 1% of the time...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope things work out with your crush. : )

    I don't have to drink to have a big mouth. I'm constantly uttering things I wish I could stuff back in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, mothers are effing mind readers m'darlin. You really didn't stand a chance. None of us do :D

    I hope things with the boy work out :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY! Ya, keep us posted. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Getting drunk with my mother would not be a good plan! there are just things she shouldn't know. i'm so happy about your crush, though! i hope things work out. let us all know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooo good luck!
    I've actually never gotten drunk...alcohol makes me feel sooo sick before I even get buzzed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hehe love the first picture, it's like a mexican standoff.
    What is it about the truth that always seems so appealing whilst drunk?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the way you wirte :)
    I NEVER get drunk in front of my parents. First of all "the perfect daughter" never drinks, she sips. Second of all.. I become a hot mess. Not a good scenario.. So I am like Pavlov's dog.. parents = no alcohol..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your mom totally did that on purpose! I always love your pictures. I haven't updated because I don't have proper internet. But I love you all the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH. MY. GOD.

    We have to get sozzled on Black Russians and wine and go rip the shit out of the students' fashion sense.

    IT WILL BE MAYHEM. SWEET, HYSTERICAL MAYHEM.

    There are more snow pics coming for you. It STILL hasn't melted! This is definitely a 10 (Or 20) years' snow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish I could drink. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. hehe, I've been a lurker for a while, this post really made me giggle, the truth seems to pour out of my mouth like an unstoppable fountain when I drink... so much easier just to keep to the diet soda and imagine the wine...

    ReplyDelete
  23. it's amazing how sneaky parents can be; one minute your having a normal conversation then BAM, next minute you're sharing your deepest, darkest secrets! hope you're ok :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I also say nothing but truth when I am drunk. Thankfully, I am not embarrassed by anything (as can be told from even a cursory glance at my blog) so it is impossible to blackmail me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm one person who can act dead sober while drunk, and lying will always come as a second nature, no matter what.
    So that really blows that your mom knows that you can't lie and subtly manipulates you like that.

    ReplyDelete
  26. that y i just dont drinkn emore

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.