Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.


This is amazing. 


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
My ceiling fan is making a noise like a genetically augmented housefly being tortured while on steroids. 

I feel very tired today. Most likely this is directly related to the fact that I have not been sleeping very well. The OTC sleepy-pill cocktail remains unreliable. Either I'll feel very drugged-sleepy, but will toss and turn for hours and hours and HOURS unable to even half-sleep; or I will fall into my usual state of almost-mostly-sleep only to find myself waking up every hour or so. The end result of both is the same: by 7:30 in the morning when I'm supposed to wake up for work, I feel so physically and mentally exhausted that I just want to crawl under a tree and sleep for twenty years. 


I would really like a prescription for Restoril, but considering a friend couldn't even get them from his pill-happy Russian doctor, I'd say there's not much chance of my very anti-pill doctor giving me a prescription for the pharmaceutical equivalent of the Draught of Living Death. Friend gave me a couple of these other things instead--Belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital. Friend insists that they will knock me unconscious better than tranquilizer darts (I've tried finding those--no success). I haven't tried these new pills yet. According the internet, they're used for treating tummy issues like colitis and irritable bowel syndrome, and can cause "mild sedation." Now I was under the impression that deadly nightshade (belladonna) was in fact DEADLY. Apparently it's not even a very controlled substance. I may add these pills to the collection of things I don't plan on taking unless I get incredibly bored/desperate/suicidal. (Currently that collection contains lithium, steroids, giant blue pills for Crohn's disease, ambien, some kind of estrogen supplement, and Celebrex.)

I am also feeling incredibly tired of this problem with eating. 

...I know; shocking, right?

-_-

I'm sick of being afraid to eat. Afraid to go out to eat. Afraid that 700 calories in a day is way too much. Afraid of not exercising for at least an hour, 7 days a week. Afraid of exercising without vitamins* because I can't burn as many calories. Afraid of weekends, afraid of the scale, afraid of my smallest pairs of trousers. Just sick to death of being afraid of EVERYTHING, and of having this knot-in-my-stomach jittery anxious feeling following me around all the effing time because I'm fat/stupid/failing at life/worthless/directionless/AAAAHHH and it makes me feel so SO tired. 

And it doesn't go away with "recovery." I can exercise normally, eat a healthy amount of food every day, and that little ball of lead is still there in the pit of my stomach. If anything, the attempts at recovery only make it worse, leaving me with a bigger ball of of lead and ringing in my ears. 

Ugh. Idk. Maybe I'm just in a funk. I still feel incredibly fat and bloated from the shore trip (was too scared to weigh until tonight--101 lbs; not as bad as I thought...). My trousers are quite a bit more snug around the middle than when I left, and every second that I feel them pressing against my belly is a second spent in a state of panic (basically, from 8.30 in the morning until 5.45 in the evening). I can understand now about this girl in my college years ago who apparently got so disgusted with herself one day that she took a  freshly sharpened pair of scissors and sliced  off the "roll of fat" around her stomach. She was found trying desperately to hold her insides in and was taken to the emergency room. 
.....Remember our rich friends with the perfect daughter? Guess what she just went into the hospital for. 

She's my height (5' 1"), and my current weight (101 lbs). She's been starving, and bicycling in excess of 30 miles a day. The doctor said that even though her BMI is "healthy," the weight is all muscle, and so she is most definitely underweight, malnourished, etc. because her exercise addiction on top of the starving has left her with "not enough" body fat. 

Mum glared at me and did not blink for over a minute after telling me this. How can she possibly still think I'm too thin when I feel fatter than I did right after Christmas?

Each time I have tried to recover, I feel like Frodo coming back from Mordor--after facing death and Mount Doom, of course it seems like a wonderful idea to come back to a nice quiet, happy existence in the Shire, but after a while I realize I can't stand it. I can't stand to be around everyone else with their dinners and going down the pub and parties with cake and laughing and Normal. I just want to sail away to the Grey Havens with the elves. 

The elves were all so fabulously thin. 

I haven't eaten since Sunday night. I can't. I tried. Every time I look at food, or think about it, I feel my trousers pressing into my abdomen and I want to die. So living on coffee and Spiru-tein until I feel less bloated....

What it really comes down to in the end is that I am completely, irrationally, stubbornly incapable of loving myself just as I am. I need to work on this, but I'm not sure how. :/
...I'm also not taking vitamins* anymore. Again. As I've think I've said in the past, I have not yet managed to kick both the vitamins* and ED at the same time. The one time I tried, it led to an epic relapse of both, so I'd rather tackle one hangup at a time. Even if it feels like juggling large ball of fire. 

Yeah so being happy with and loving myself. Work on that...

Speaking of happiness, becca did a really great post about finding happiness in little things. Such a simple idea that most of us seem to forget so easily...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
AND NOW on to some exciting news!!

...

...wait for it....

.......
...
The boy I like gave me his number!!!

He answered the facebook message, saying how sorry he was he didn't get it sooner and that since he doesn't go on facebook much, I should just call or text him. He also said he was sorry he missed Sunday's BBQ. He had other plans, but Friend said he had seemed genuinely disappointed that he couldn't go. Friend is a very lovely friend indeed, as she did not try to press me to talk about him or my crushing; in fact she didn't mention it at all except to casually suggest that I invite him again, and that I should definitely call him on the weekend. (We haven't been close friends for that long, considering how long I've known most of my other friends, so I wasn't at all sure how to proceed with the fact that I'm crushing on her cousin.)

Sooooooo after some anxious wall-climbing, I put a full hour of thought into a very short text message, basically saying I got his fb message and oh hey here's my number. 

I feel like I'm back in grade school. A third grader with a crush on the cute boy sitting next to me, asking him to the school Sock Hop via a passed note.


He responded. I shall try to find something to do with him on Saturday.  :D


34 comments:

  1. YAY CRUSH MOVES!

    Also, I personally tackled drugs before ED as well. I wouldn't have ever had the balls to deal with both, so it went: alcohol, drugs, alcohol again, drugs again, ED.

    Ambien. O_O
    Everytime I think about taking that shit (coz Rozerem is a fucking joke) I think of all the crazy-ass sleepwalking that involves motherfuckers driving while asleep to convenience stores/IHOP and eating like hungry hungry hippos..then waking up all covered in food stains with a food baby the size of the octomom's gut. And then I'm like: FUCK AMBIEN!!

    But secretly, I wish I could take it coz sleepwalking seems fun as shit.

    Also, I have a non-date to go see Conan. I will be obsessing about my outfit starting....now. Right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. With recovery, the eating thing gets easier. I actually don't think about the calories in everything now, and when I do, it's usually wondering how much and not freaking out because I already know. It's been like 3months recovering for me, and I'm happier. I feel more awake, and I remember very little from when I was starving. I also have less bruises around my eyes. :) My point is, it gets easier, you can do it. It's so so much harder than starving.

    Congrats on Boy, yayyyy I love new crushes. Please keep giving us every detail-I want to live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want things to work out for you so badly! i really want you to understand how beautiful & wonderful you are! i'm sorry this ED has such a grasp at times. and i'm excited about the boy! he's a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for crush-related happy things :D
    So excited for you!
    I get what you mean about the ED. Once you get that thinking you can't really go back. It's like being told to not think about pink elephants.
    And also......I guess it's weird to say but... the thing is sometimes trying to go back to normal can be boring, I think. I mean when you get so thin that you're basically cheating death every time you wake up.....it's kinda a rush.
    Or I'm just psychotic.
    Love you and good luck with the boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why didn't I find you before?
    You're got a way with words that makes a person just stare.
    Sleep has sucked. It's like you wake up and you realise you feel like you haven't slept at all for the last few years.
    Meh.
    The minute you mentioned the Draught of Living Dead, you made it to my book *HP fan*.
    101! Awesome. Not bad at all....*stares and admires*
    Congrats on the guy! Good luck with him. *holds axe just in case he tries something...*
    ...O__0 *weird overprotective over everyone person*
    Hope you can at least get some sleep. I know I'm in that zone right now. -__-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on scoring your dude's digits. Try to remain calm, lol.

    I have to ask (but you do not have to answer) ... what are "vitamins*" ? I have a vague idea, but since you're so specific about everything else that * sort of distracts me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh, nice one about the boy's number!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to be an elf too! Mainly because of the height and the whole slender physique but it would be nice to have the powers also. ahh boys and butterflies, cuteness! 30 miles cycling a day? wow, wish I lived in a smaller town as London is not condusive to nice cycling, it's mainly a game of not getting side-swiped by buses and BMWs, just too stressful for me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. woo! you go girl! :P nice one. have fun on Saturday! much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. We use belladonna for bruising :)

    Have you tried phenergen? it is an anti histamine. In the UK you can buy it OTC in 10mg tablets you'd need something between 10-50mg for sleeping. I used to take it prescribed ( 2x 25mg tablets) xxx

    YAY WHOOOOOOOOO MICH AND LOVER SITTING IN THE TREE K-I-S-S-I-N-G!....x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Told ya the boy liked ya!!!
    I am seeing a summer fling happening here...

    I think the sleep related issues are caused by all this lousy goddamn light until 10 pm outside...it really fucks you up good...
    Give me darkness!!!!!!!!!

    Love <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello :)

    I've been following your blog for quite some time now, and i really like it!! I never comment, i'm kinda shy.. But i just wanted to say that maybe you should try levomepromazine [nozinan] to help you sleep. Restoril won't get you far... if someone give's you that with a promise to knock you out..he's a charlatan :)

    Like Eloise18 said, phenergen works well, too. It works better in combination with a benzodiazepine.

    I hope this helps.. I'm dutch and my English isn't that good. I'm really nervous to push the "post comment"-button..

    Anyway, good luck with the crush!!!

    Loraine

    ReplyDelete
  14. LoTR is awesome stuff! I seen the movies about three years ago for the first timed and loved them. Now I'm starting on the books- just started reading the Hobbit a couple of days ago :). Eowyn was my favorite- strong, courageous, a leader, and gorgeous. I had her hair at one point until I was stupid and got it all cut off. The Elves are gorgeous! I think Lucius Malfoy was of elvish decent. (Yes, we can mix HP and LoTR!) Haha, I love the "Draugh of the Living Death" reference :D

    I'm sorry you're having such trouble with sleeping. I don't know what that's like so I'm pretty useless with advice concerning that. 'm just the opposite- I'm lucky if I can stay awake until 9 pm! I miss a lot of good TV shows because I can't stay awake.

    I'm in a funk too- however, a small part of me wishes I could become afraid of food and eating. I feel my pants pressing into my stomach because my lack of summer self control led me to gain about 10 lbs so now my pants that used to fit won't button. I get so disgusted with myself I think, "Well, why not just eat some more?! You've already ruined today anyways!"

    But you're completely right- taking that first step is the hardest but if we take that first step, then we can get ourselves out of this funk we've gotten into! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. A link is much appreciated, always, but especially from someone as witty and talented as yourself. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the number! It's always fun, butterflies and all ;) And for the eating part? We all have had those days. It's okay :) we can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally get what you mean about the scared feeling. and apparently the chaffing of my thighs ain't enough to keep me from bingeing. it's about the immediate satisfaction i think. congrats on scoring the guy's number! hope it all turns out good (: I wish i could be all muscle too... (sry my sentences are so abrupt and awkward and all over the place (:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I knew that the guy liked you! I totally called it. ^_^

    It's so eloquent of you to compare your attitude to Frodo liking the idea of returning to the shire but being unable to feel fulfilled there. I wish I could escape the Normal too; I guess I'm just starting to learn to cope with Normal, albeit reluctantly. >_<

    Btw, you look great with a beard! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah yes. Rich people. I am not a rich people hater. By all means no. But Omg.. i saw this video of their house you posted. Insane. Also, one should never asume some other ppls life is easier. Imagine what kind of a pressure this rich daugher lives under. God.. our parents screw us all the most.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've missed reading your posts =]
    I can't believe you actually know those people! have you been in their house?
    Sorry, lol, I'm like unhealthily obsessed with big houses... it's an addiction that I'm most certainly NOT trying to work on.
    It sounds like you're doing pretty well for just trying to recover on your own.
    Just keep up the good work and know that we all love you as you are right now =]
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Self love is the hardest thing ever for me to find... let me know if you do figure out how to get a hold of that. On the other hand, i love you! And boy definitely seems to be interested in you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Heeeeeeey, Micharu, i think i can post on your blog.....yay!!!!!!

    i must say, your last few blogs have been so amazing, the pic's, especially the "Wine Stand-Off" with your Mum, were "Mighty", i loved then soooooo much.

    Sounds like life is topys-turvy, wish i had an answer, any answer...or at least a useful comment...Alas, i am in a "State" myself...lol, what else is new.

    Starving during the day, etoh and crap at night...bleh. You, my sweet are doing much better than i, just please, please don't starve so much...i know how thatis so easy for me to say...when i can't know how deep the fear is for you...kind of like my "daytime eating fear".

    Just please take care of yourself, i love you! Way to go with the boy!

    Computer Guy fixed it so i can post on one blog...and assumed i can figure out the rest....Hah!

    Loves,
    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yeah i know what you mean about feeling tired :(

    BUT YAY ABOUT BOY!!

    Be sure to keep him on his toes ;D

    Barbie
    xXxXx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know what you mean about being tired. I've slept more than I have in a long time, but I am still shattered.

    I completely relate to the being tired of the eating disorder and that recovery doesn't help. And we are on par with the not eating thing. The idea of eating the food is so much harder than the idea of not eating it. Ahh what is this normal people talk of?

    YAY about the boy though!! I'm so happy for you. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Arwen's my favourite elf (girl crush :P)
    I'm so happy to hear good news boy wise, nothing like a little lovin to cheer you up :)

    Yeah, nearly all the mothers I've encountered are nut-cases, some are just better at hiding it than others.

    Much love,
    Evelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  26. you could also try to see about the possibility of getting prescription strength diphenhydramine (basically benadryl in more potent form) - although now I think about it, this is probably quite a useless suggestion as I have no idea how one would go about getting the stuff short of robbing an O.R. prep room - I worked for a surgeon one summer and they used the diphenhydramine for pre-anesthesia and it would knock the patients out quite easily. I use regular benadryl for sleeplessness and it works OK most of the time but I get massive thirst as a side effect and I imagine on the presccription strenth this would be multiplied...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just have to chime in here because i just noticed your pic of Tilda Swinton. I just got this months W magazine because I was intrigued by her picture on the front. She is striking, but I DON'T think she's attractive. and the whole magazine was just such a disappointment to me. My son goes "that magazine is full of guys that look like girls." I used to think androgyny was cool and super attractive. It just doesn't do it for me anymore. I don't know if it's me or the fashion industry just doesn't pull it off the same. In the W layout, I swear they are trying to make her look bad on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lol, I actually answered a census with 'Jedi', although I'm not sure I participated in the 2006 one o.O Just too far back in time to remember, I'd also just re-entered the country after 10 months away, so I don' think I qualified.

    Good plan to try to kick one thing at a time. Me being me, I'd say you've got the right idea booting the vitamins* first, coz thats money you can spend on coming to NZ to tour the LoTR film locations with me :p I can't watch those movies and take them seriously. I've had too many holidays and geography field trips to Central Otago >.<

    Also: The Elf King was a Shortland Street-er. I mean, COME ON!!! All the elves were basketballers or shortland street-ers or wannabe-models. *Sigh* Totally ruined it for 4.1million kiwis.

    Physically juggling fireballs is about the same toughness and juggling them mentally&emotionally. ESPECIALLY if you're not wearing flame-retardant clothes :x

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. your posts always make me smile. (: back when i was more eating disordered i was afraid of everything. now ive gone ape shit crazy and eat everything in sight without a care in the world until i break down and cant move. blech. anyways, good luck with boy. have some fun. ;) stay lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  30. sometimes what we need is some1 to make teh decision for u
    and yeah happened to me its the scariest thing in the world and idk what to do withmysel fi dont have my scale or pills or razors nemore the voices are getting louder and its just scary
    stay strong hun

    ReplyDelete
  31. Women are the most dazzling mystery ever. You're 100 lbs and afraid to eat? I no unnerstan. -Yet still facinated (gotta be more than the boobs)
    I think you should get in touch with your inner Somali refugee AND STRANGLE HER. Then meet me for cheeseburgers and chocolate shakes -my treat.

    ps- thanks for dropping by, I like your drawings

    ReplyDelete
  32. *hugs*

    Crushes are so fun. Exciting and terrifying and wonderful all at once. :)

    That was the first Margaret Atwood book I'd ever read, but now I'm definitely going to read her others. I go through phases with my reading--I'll obsess over an author and read everything xe's ever written.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely you can steal the idea! Hey, I stole it from Cinnamon- there's nothing wrong with borrowing ideas of creativeness! I still need to do a post of the blogger award you created- I might do that in the next couple of days :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm doing a little happy dance for you in honour of your connecting with your crush!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.