Friday, February 12, 2016

Sometimes all you need is the ridiculous logic of a very small child.


Y'all might remember that this past Halloween, I attended the church party dressed as Elsa.

Pretty much all of the smaller children were super excited about this (even the boys, which surprised me).


One of the little girls and her parents have been coming to church every Sunday since then. Stepmom has gotten friendly with the little girl's mother, and yesterday she called to tell me that it was the little girl who insisted that they all go to church on Sundays, because Elsa goes to that church. 

Apparently, the little girl was also THRILLED that Elsa plays in the church band. She has been telling everyone in her pre school that Elsa goes to her church and plays in the band (much to the confusion of her teachers, I'm sure). She is convinced that I am actually the real life Elsa.

This is probably the biggest compliment I have ever received in my life. And I really needed it this week. 

This week has DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGED. Next week, both bosses are away, so the days shall pass equally slowly. Yes it's nice showing up whenever I feel like it and taking 3-hour lunch breaks, but the boredom is still torture. I have tried to let the filing pile up to a critical level so that I have something to do at least for the first half hour on Tuesday.


Happy Friday, friends.

14 comments:

  1. the title of this post... i could've written it. i thought i was the only one in the world that said 'very small child'.

    Elsa as in from Frozen? oh man.

    *opens link* OH MY GOD. IT'S SO FLUFFY.

    surprisingly, that drawing fits the actual representation very nicely. i approve.

    "it was the little girl who insisted that they all go to church on Sundays, because Elsa goes to that church." OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD.

    this is a "hold your head over your mouth and laugh because this is so cute" moment.

    oh my God, this post was starting off so well and then you give me this huge stack of files. ew.

    wait, first half hour? how long does it take you to weed through that intergalactic mess?




    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet!
    You are her real life hero
    Imagine how much she looks up to you
    But I agree with her
    You are a princess
    And a princess in a good way x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck next week. I'm not sure which is worse, being super busy or being super bored.
    Or sitting in a stall with no paper.
    Yeah, THAT one's worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so friggin old I had to Google Elsa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have kid fans at church....how "cool" is that, "Elsa"? Love to you!

      Delete
  5. UGH. Why do you think I started writing books? Okay...that isn't for everyone, but I was in a job that was ridiculously slow paced and I couldn't take it. I had to do something. So one day I just started writing a novel...80 billion novels later and I finally got one published!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, you never know how God will use your life-witness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The real life Elsa? You are too cool.
    I want to be the real life Captain America. Like that could happen...right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, you are so pretty as Elsa!
    Aw, the little girl is so cute! At least you're a good influence and she goes to church (that is, if her family's religious)
    Holy shit that's a lot of papers O_O If it were me in your place they'd probably be all crumpled though.

    Love,
    Christie (Also HI! I never explore unless people pop up on my blog but I'm always happy to have new friends. ^^)
    P.S. I like your drawings. They're cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww that's the sweetest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's adorable that you've got a little follower. Even if she believes you're Elsa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. God works in mysterious ways, Elsa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. God works in mysterious ways, Elsa.

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.