Thursday, February 4, 2016

I hear yeh made a good ferret, Malfoy.

I have another cold.



I also have a recipe. 

Mich's Chicken Curry Whatsit:

This recipe is still in its early stages, so there are no exact measurements for anything yet. 

You will need:
- Chicken pieces 
- Eggs
- Butter
- Zucchini
- Onion
- Mango chutney
- Curry sauce

There is only one curry sauce you should ever use (Ruby, back me up on this).


And that's the chutney I used, as it was the only one they had at the store. 

First I made the curry sauce on the stove, and then set it aside. I mixed some of it in a bowl with the chutney and brushed that on the chicken pieces, then baked them in the oven.

I cut up the onion and zucchini into very small and sauteed them in butter until they were nice and browned. 


Then I added some chutney and curry sauce, and then the chicken. When it was all nicely mixed together, I made a space in the middle and added an egg, let it cook a bit, and then scrambled it in with everything else. 

The final product looked kind of like vomit, so I did not take a photo. It was, however, quite delicious, though next time I'd use less chutney so it's not as sweet.

If any of you decide to try making this and it comes out well, let me know measurements and/or modifications you used.:)


13 comments:

  1. Yum! I always make Military Husband chicken soup when he is sick. He says it is magical, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Mich!!
    And yes
    McDonnell curry sauce is the business
    I am just about to sit down to a masaman curry made by my sister
    She is awesome at cooking

    Love you Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's tough to get just that perfect look of vomit that you achieve when you know it's just right.

    Fortunately, I live with my sister who is a great cook and knows where to go shopping. If it were left up to me, well, I shudder to think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you're sick again. At least you have good food. That makes everything better. I've only tried making curry once and didn't go well unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate being sick. Especially when boxes of tissues are involved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer on the cold. The recipe sounds good (minus the chicken for me).

    ReplyDelete
  7. the Harry Potter reference in the title makes my insides happy.

    get well soon, Mich. do not kill anything when you are sick.

    food pictures (gawks). you know you've done your food well when it looks like vom but tastes like heaven. ;)

    unfortunately, Percy's food is the opposite. looks way better than it tastes 70% of the time. that, or he happens to take flattering pictures of his food. hmm...




    i love you.




    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never tried anything w/curry in it,but that looks really yummy! And I have a cold too, not much fun. =/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had a cold the past week. Oh, the things my lungs are bringing up! Needless to say, I'm not a very attractive person to be with (more than normal).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have had a cold the past week. Oh, the things my lungs are bringing up! Needless to say, I'm not a very attractive person to be with (more than normal).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey hope you are feeling better. Dh Made great Curry to night with chicken, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce . curray powder, green peppers, onions, etc, I don't know what he uses he is a wonder in the kitchen unlike me...............servered with rice, it was lovely....... I am a kitchen disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS we didn't have chunty or yougurt do I used orange mamalade....worked good!

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.