Monday, September 25, 2017

book, birfday, blithering idiot

After several decades* of hard work, Book 4, The Drifting Tower is finally available on Amazon. Should be available on kindle within the next few days. 

Updated (and final) cover:



This is the last book in the series, so naturally I now have such an epic case of writers' block I doubt I will ever recover.

Despite Thursday's tummy trouble, I had a pretty good birthday weekend. Some nice dinners with the fam. I am also now officially [again] the smallest in the family, as Niecey G, who is 12, now stands at 5' 2" (a full inch taller than I am). 

M came to visit me at work on Friday, and brought me a birfday card from his mother. Inside was a joint. I had no intention of smoking it because me and smokey treats is generally a bad combination

However, we are all well aware at this point that Mich is a blithering fool who does not learn from past mistakes ever. For your entertainment, here is the conversation that took place on Friday night:





the cat-smiley-face emojies were unintentional





After having a cigarette outside in my American Indian handmade alpaca blanket cape, I forgot about being paranoid and M and I started complaining about a mutual friend in between some more hilarious inebriated texts. I won't post those because it's bad enough we were talking about her behind her back; I'm not going to make it worse by talking about her behind her back on the internet. 

So I learned my lesson and will not be doing that again.**

































*ok fine it wasn't really decades, but it felt like it

**I will most definitely be doing that again

7 comments:

  1. Ha Ha HA! We may have to trade stories someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book looks absolutely beautiful, I see how it could take "decades."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cover. Congratulations, but I'm jealous. No one ever gives me anything as interesting as a joint on my birthday. I get stuff like socks.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the book. Not so much on the inebriated texts. Hysterical, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, that cover is lovely. Glad you enjoyed your birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smiling broadly. Congratulations on your book - and a very happy (belated) birthday.
    Love those rants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on getting your new book out. It doesn't matter how long you take because you can at least take less time than George RR Martin. So you have that going for you. Remember that it's the FBI that deals with aliens though, not the CIA. The CIA would sell you to Russia. Or something.

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.